onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wwe....

Emile

Advert

Lost interest when my lookalike "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig jacked it in ;)

Went to a couple of their events a few years back..not sport but spectacular all the same.

That's been a long time. He's been dead a while.

Totally lost interest but with the WWE network it made it easier to watch so I started watching again

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

When my offspring were teenagers I watched a bit but that was a few years ago.

Just before that I remember seeing the likes of the Dynamite Kid and Hulk Hogan in his prime.

I first got the bug in the seventies when I attended the Victoria Hall regularly to watch the likes of Count Bartelli, Kendo Nagasaki, George Kidd, Les Kellett and Johnny Saint.

Those were the days!

I know I'm off topic a bit but isn't wrestling coming back on ITV?

It is indeed. There is a massive upsurge in wrestling currently in the UK. So much so that WWE has moved to get a finger in it's pie by crowning a UK champion. The independent wrestling scene in the UK is potentially getting back to its 70's peak.

When my offspring were teenagers I watched a bit but that was a few years ago.

Just before that I remember seeing the likes of the Dynamite Kid and Hulk Hogan in his prime.

I first got the bug in the seventies when I attended the Victoria Hall regularly to watch the likes of Count Bartelli, Kendo Nagasaki, George Kidd, Les Kellett and Johnny Saint.

Those were the days!

I know I'm off topic a bit but isn't wrestling coming back on ITV?

don't forget jimmy hussey

I'm unapologetically a huge fan. Not sure about how the wrestlemania card is shaping up though. Last years show was awful, as it seems it's more for the casual fan. The show the next day is usually the most fun.

Looks like it's the Undertaker's farewell(23-1).John Cena was lined up but it could be The Undertaker v Roman Reigns.

I don't think Undertaker is going to retire this year, not enough has been made of it for the casual fans to return.

I think a lot of storylines have been a real mess in this run up to WM.

The United States title has been wasted since HIAC

Goldberg is potentially going to go into WM as champ, what a waste. Goldberg-Lesnar would have sold tickets regardless.

Why has Orton turned on Wyatt only two weeks after pledging aleigence? The turn was not crafted well at all.

What was the point of pushing Harper only to have him loose twice

Why bother giving Cena the title at Rumble if he was to loose it at Elimination Chamber

What is the point in AJ styles beating Harper twice to be No 1 Contender? If its to be pissed with Shane O Mac to set up a match between them two its a total waste of time.

Finally

Why did The Undertaker threaten the Smackdown team at Survivor Series only for Smackdown to win, he go off telly for 3 months then turn up on Raw only to be knocked out the rumble and dissapear once again? Theres 3 or 4 storylines they could have used Taker for, he wouldnt even need to be there. But instead they've just pretended it didnt happen. Just like HHH and Rollins after Summerslam until Rumble.

Has wrestling changed since the 60's, is it still fake, scripted combat.

As a young kid I was devastated to find out the wrestling shown on ITV featuring the likes of Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus was phoney, so much so I never watched it again. The odd time I've been channel surfing and landed on WWE it seemed the same, fake and scripted.

Has wrestling changed since the 60's, is it still fake, scripted combat.

As a young kid I was devastated to find out the wrestling shown on ITV featuring the likes of Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus was phoney, so much so I never watched it again. The odd time I've been channel surfing and landed on WWE it seemed the same, fake and scripted.

Predetermined, not fake.

I don't think Undertaker is going to retire this year, not enough has been made of it for the casual fans to return.

I think a lot of storylines have been a real mess in this run up to WM.

The United States title has been wasted since HIAC

Goldberg is potentially going to go into WM as champ, what a waste. Goldberg-Lesnar would have sold tickets regardless.

Why has Orton turned on Wyatt only two weeks after pledging aleigence? The turn was not crafted well at all.

What was the point of pushing Harper only to have him loose twice

Why bother giving Cena the title at Rumble if he was to loose it at Elimination Chamber

What is the point in AJ styles beating Harper twice to be No 1 Contender? If its to be pissed with Shane O Mac to set up a match between them two its a total waste of time.

Finally

Why did The Undertaker threaten the Smackdown team at Survivor Series only for Smackdown to win, he go off telly for 3 months then turn up on Raw only to be knocked out the rumble and dissapear once again? Theres 3 or 4 storylines they could have used Taker for, he wouldnt even need to be there. But instead they've just pretended it didnt happen. Just like HHH and Rollins after Summerslam until Rumble.

Pretty much summed it up. I think cena had the belt to set up him breaking the record, preferably at next years wrestlemania. Whatever people think of him, I think he deserves it, and has been great the last few years. Can't believe he will be in a mixed tag though. I was expecting Harper to join the title match, whicj would have been good, though the orton/bray match is one I'm more looking forward to. Aj is the most talented on the roster and needs a high profile match. And if undertaker loses to reigns, then reigns will get booed out of the building again. Which is great if they are turning him at last, but it wouldn't surprise me if they thought it was going to get him cheered.

I'm unapologetically a huge fan. Not sure about how the wrestlemania card is shaping up though. Last years show was awful, as it seems it's more for the casual fan. The show the next day is usually the most fun.

I find it odd people feel they have to justify liking it. It's not my thing but wrestling, like NFL etc is pure American showmanship and the spectacle is just as enjoyable as the event.

Archived