onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summary of the Chairman Q&A so far

robf

I have produced several blog posts from the various Norman Smuthwaite replies.

I appreciate that there are many posts across several threads so the intention of this thread is to put the responses into one place so that they can be read by anyone who doesn't want to plough through two days worth of forum posts.

First off, here are the various blog posts highlighting some things that have been said. Each of these is clickable and links to the relevant blog post:

I've tried to make the articles as impartial as possible and picked out comments that I felt were interesting. Obviously these articles are not a comprehensive list of everything that has been said (there's a limit to how much I can read, digest and produce articles from) but I hope they help anyone who has come in here and struggled to follow the conversation as it leaps from thread to thread and over hundreds of posts.

More posts will follow but in the meantime if anyone wants to point out any comments I have missed can you please PM me with a link and I will add to this thread.

I would also reiterate a post I posted earlier today. This is an open offer and stills stands. I personally think that if there is dialogue with the chairman and the fans then it should occur in a more structured manner. My post reads:

I have made this offer in the past and I am still more than happy to have the following in place:

1. A dedicated forum set up for questions to the Chairman

2. The chairman can then read them and provide answers to the questions whenever is convenient (via PM or email to me)

3. I will then publish each question and answer on both the forum and the OVF front page (as well as the various OVF social media accounts) on a regular basis (e.g. weekly or monthly)

This would allow fans and owner to engage in a civilised Q&A session but without the personal abuse and without people having to wade through the confusion of multiple posts and threads to do so.

I am very happy to put all the above in place if Norman wants it. I personally think it would be a better way of answering the questions and concerns on here but that's just my opinion.

Thanks,

Rob

Advert

That's all well and good Rob, as long as ALL questions are answered and not just the ones he wants.

I don't think you'd ever have that. This isn't a court of law, it's a forum. Even now Norman is obviously picking and choosing which posts he replies to (as is his right and just as any other user can). If it is accepted I will of course encourage full and comprehensive answers but I won't be forcing anything!

However, I am thinking of it more from the fans point of view.

If there is going to be a Q&A in this forum then surely it is better that it is in one place, is simply questions and answers (no abuse or off-topic) and is therefore easy for everyone to find and read.

So, I'm won't be forcing anyone to do anything but I would be very happy to organise it so it's easier to read and understand. At the moment we have multiple replies on multiple threads with hundreds of other posts in between.

I've tried to sum up the various financial answers in this post. I obviously haven't covered everything but I think some huge areas of interest to the fans are in there:

Norman Smurthwaite has put £3.7m of directors loans into Port Vale FC

That is the amount that most L1&2 clubs that boards of directors need to put in I'm afraid to bolster their Club's finances. As Smurthwaite wants to be the sole owner and the 'big cheese' unlike most other Club's who have a board of directors to help share the necessary finances Port Vale as they are in sole ownership must rely on this person to carry the burden of the whole debt.

I said exactly the same thing, and yet he'd have you believe he's learning

i suspect that being caretaker manager - Michael Brown knows exactly the situation and that he isnt first choice. otherwise he would be official manager rather than caretaker. all he can do is keep us up and see where it goes from there

i suspect that being caretaker manager - Michael Brown knows exactly the situation and that he isnt first choice. otherwise he would be official manager rather than caretaker. all he can do is keep us up and see where it goes from there

He's been caretaker Manager since Boxing Day. To still be in that situation at the end of Feb, with no sign of it changing soon, is ridiculous. Does he have to come out and say such words about the caretaker manager, saying he's not his first or second choice? No he doesn't. Yet again it shows the complete incompetence of Smurf and the effect his words and actions have on the club. He speaks before he thinks, and he's been doing it for 4 years now. The fact he couldn't predict the reaction (no doubt his quotes will be picked up by the Sentinel) just goes to show how out of his depth he is. He's showing no sign of improving.

He's been caretaker Manager since Boxing Day. To still be in that situation at the end of Feb, with no sign of it changing soon, is ridiculous. Does he have to come out and say such words about the caretaker manager, saying he's not his first or second choice? No he doesn't. Yet again it shows the complete incompetence of Smurf and the effect his words and actions have on the club. He speaks before he thinks, and he's been doing it for 4 years now. The fact he couldn't predict the reaction (no doubt his quotes will be picked up by the Sentinel) just goes to show how out of his depth he is. He's showing no sign of improving.

my impression of Brown is that he is professional enough just to get on with the job to the best of his ability. I doubt he cares too much about whether it says caretaker or manager on the door. He has a chance to impress and will try to do so. If Smurf had made him manager there would have been criticism for going for an ''easy'' option, if he continues keeping Brown as caretaker there is criticism that he does that too - cant really win on this one if other choices are not available or unwilling to come to the Vale.

if Brown keeps us up then in my opinion that is the harder choice as to whether to give him the job full time or not for next season

Chairman Q&A ????

Where?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Well... that's kind of the point. Norman Smurthwaite has been posting on the forum but the answers to various questions are spread over multiple and often long threads.

So, to make it easier I have tried to combine some of the replies into this single thread to make it easier to get an idea of the issues discussed.

Archived