onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How Angry are you?

Beza

Advert

Guest TommyMac
You said he left because we wouldn't double his salary. Any way of substantiating that?

I said he left because Norman threatened to half his salary, for which I've provided you with plenty of evidence to back that up.

If our top scorer had been offered an extension on the same terms by Vale, compared to this offer from Bury that was "a damn sight more" would he have still gone? No one knows the answer to that. Given that you're asking to deal in the facts, it would be good if you could do that, instead of going off speculation and assumption.

You're really wasting your breath trying to get through to REP. This guy knows everything and is NEVER wrong; a legend in his own mind.

It isn't about Tom Pope per se but what would Vale give now for a striker who could score a goal and get an assist to enable a win. Past it, what Vale are left with now to score/assist goals at this critical time have never been anywhere freakin' near it.

Pope is past it!! move on

Yet you stood in my attendance at Bradford and argued with supporters, including your son, that Cicilia actually played well when he got hauled off after an hour, after one of the worst cameos I have ever witnessed in a Vale shirt.

Your sticking up for Norman and his sanctioned signings holds no boundarys.

According to the leaked document, Cicilia, Tavares and Mbamba are on a combined wage of 4K a week.

Whilst Tom Pope may not be a world beater, I would give him that amount of money alone, instead of those three wasters.

He forced him out by failing to double his salary?

To be honest we've found two since he left, just haven't kept either of those, the first has declined in the same way as Pope and the second looks like he could now shoot Bradford to promotion.

Serious question.

Right now, for 4K a week, would you want Tom Pope or Cicilia, Tavares and Mbamba combined?

I know where my money would have been spent.

Everyone knew Pope wanted stay, he was even willing take a pay cut, not to double his wages at all. because he's settled in the area, he loves the Vale, but no way was he willing to except such a massive pay cut that Smurf offered him. Why should anyone? It was a kick in the teeth for Pope. As already mentioned, Cicilia, Tavaras and Mbamba are on a combined wage of 4k a week, where 2 of them players wouldn't get in Kidsgrove Athletics side. We are where we are because of Smurf, and i still cant believe posters are still sticking up for Smurf.

You said he left because we wouldn't double his salary. Any way of substantiating that?

I said he left because Norman threatened to half his salary, for which I've provided you with plenty of evidence to back that up.

If our top scorer had been offered an extension on the same terms by Vale, compared to this offer from Bury that was "a damn sight more" would he have still gone? No one knows the answer to that. Given that you're asking to deal in the facts, it would be good if you could do that, instead of going off speculation and assumption.

You've come up with some rubbish that Bury matched his PVFC salary when instigating the conversation, if that's what you want to believe you aren't dealing in facts.

As it turns out that's one of the decisions the chairman got right given the way his career has declined since his glorious season.

Serious question.

Right now, for 4K a week, would you want Tom Pope or Cicilia, Tavares and Mbamba combined?

I know where my money would have been spent.

Honestly neither option, Pope and Tavares careers are going down the toilet, Mbamaba isn't a footballer and Cicilia is a sub at best. I think the money could be much better utilised IF we had the right manager.

You've come up with some rubbish that Bury matched his PVFC salary when instigating the conversation, if that's what you want to believe you aren't dealing in facts.

As it turns out that's one of the decisions the chairman got right given the way his career has declined since his glorious season.

To be honest I wasn't getting into the topic of whether it worked out for the best or not. It's completely hypothetical as he's at a different club with a different squad around him.

I'll admit my original claim about his salary at Bury was an assumption based on what I'd heard from people Tom and I both play golf with.

However, you originally stated he left us because of Bury's huge offer, doubling his salary which we couldn't match. I can't prove what he's on now, neither can you. You also can't confirm what Pope would have decided had we kept him on the same terms. Vale supporter, shown loyalty, lives locally, good wage, top scorer etc, he may of stayed. But the only FACT we have is that his contract was dropped by 40-50%. if you're right about his wage at Bury, you'd be closer to the truth saying he decided to take an offer 300% higher than the offer from Smurf.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Tell us the name of this catering company...free publicity!!!!!

Why are you doing this on here and not contacting pvfc via proper professional channels?

Because if the spelling is anything to go by, this is either a wind-up or not a very professional company. This naive and unprofessional approach to doing business would certainly not tempt me to talk with them!

he is still a 1 in 3 striker based on this seasons stats, a season disrupted by a serious injury. Not bad for a player in decline.

he is still a 1 in 3 striker based on this seasons stats, a season disrupted by a serious injury. Not bad for a player in decline.

Where have you been looking?

He was a 1 in 3 striker with us but he's nearer a 1 in 8 with Bury.

This season 4 league goals in 31 appearances according to the Bury FC website.

Still wouldn't want him' date=' there is better out there. [/quote']

So you'd take Cicilia or Forrester or JJ over Popey?

it's a shame our managers haven't attracted them.

It isn't about "our managers haven't attracted them" it's about our club won't pay the money to attract them at the moment. This has to change or we have to get lucky again as with Leitch Smith, oh, and we let him go 'cause we wouldn't pay him, only at the Vale.

Archived