onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smart energy meters roll out

FATBOYSTEVE

Advert

Old mate of mine is a PM involved in writing the software for these. You'd think it would be simple but he tells me tales of the complexity that made even me raise my eyebrows (I say even me cos I've been involved in Euro/Y2k and other major rollouts)

Not at all based on what he has said but they could be out of date by the time most of us get these things.

Old mate of mine is a PM involved in writing the software for these. You'd think it would be simple but he tells me tales of the complexity that made even me raise my eyebrows (I say even me cos I've been involved in Euro/Y2k and other major rollouts)

Not at all based on what he has said but they could be out of date by the time most of us get these things.

I know a bit myself having thirty plus years in I.T and yes y2k included hence my inherent distrust of anything computers due the endless scope of wat u can do both legal and dodgy

Surely everyone pays wether you have one or not as the tariffs don't differ for those with one and those without.

In a preview of tonight's docu the presenter challenges a senior energy company boss about this free smart meter installation myth and the response is on a par with our prime ministers to Andrew marr on trident when she was cornerd and had to ******** her way out !

Self financing 11billion by getting rid of meter readers cum on get real unles meter readers r on fifty k an hour I don't think so. We the consumers will be paying !!
I didn't say I believed it, the customer usually pays, even if we are talking of 20 years of meter readings etc in that figure. It is massive, I would think there are only about 30 million properties and they will use the existing mains cabling.

I didn't say I believed it, the customer usually pays, even if we are talking of 20 years of meter readings etc in that figure. It is massive, I would think there are only about 30 million properties and they will use the existing mains cabling.

It includes industries as well not just domestic houses. My main pionts are the lies and deliberate deception being shovelled out to us the sheep le

That it's all free and for our benefit .I put the big six energy companies in the same box as corrupt bankers !

Watched the docu and words spring to mind like con job smoke and mirrors and what a waste of money but I have already notified my energy supplier that to install one in my house will cost THEM a fixed monthly rental otherwise they will not be allowed to install one in my house

Watched the docu and words spring to mind like con job smoke and mirrors and what a waste of money but I have already notified my energy supplier that to install one in my house will cost THEM a fixed monthly rental otherwise they will not be allowed to install one in my house
I watched it too, best of luck with your idea. There are gadgets that you wrap round electric cables to see where the money is being spent similar to the one shown, cost about £20 and pass them around. No surprise where the savings (£8M) were going to go. Also anybody got shares in the meter companies?

I just don't want one, and I don't think people should lose jobs over it.

I won't use the self-scan at the supermarket for this reason too, it's quite pleasant to chat to the checkout staff.

Except for one local supermarket where they are very scary and I'm sure are connected to the occult and hold meetings round a cauldron with the customer service staff there the second they close. The security guard there looks very shifty too.

Archived