onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

investment in the team / squad

BIRCHES HEAD WHITES

with the massive 8 million investment, which has been bagged by deakin and lloyd and subsequent comment from deakin, that now vale have allegedly got the money "it is not just as simple as throwing money at the team" .

how much money or what percentage of the 8 million do you think micky should get ?

when do you think he should get the money ?

personally i think at least 1 million should be set aside for team bolstering whether it be loans or permanent signings. it could be spread out between now for loans , january for the transfer window and at the end of the season for signings for our obvious promotion to div 1 wil have taken place.:shifty:

Advert

Well it's not 8 million into the club....2.5 million is for community projects and 500k for unwanted not needed pre-season games against American college teams...so it is 5 million but most of that is for a training complex on land that Vale don't own and will probably have to rent....the club will get about 400k under 24.9% so that the V2001 have complete control.....we might get a loan player.

All I'll say is this...

...don't get your hopes up on this, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth either!

Wait to hear, there are going to be one or two shocks when you hear where the money is going, but if you take a moment to sit back and think, you'll realise that is should mean long term security for the club, but I still want to see a detailed business plan!

All I'll say is this...

...don't get your hopes up on this, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth either!

Wait to hear, there are going to be one or two shocks when you hear where the money is going, but if you take a moment to sit back and think, you'll realise that is should mean long term security for the club, but I still want to see a detailed business plan!

Sounds like you know something!

Why do people want to simply 'throw money at the 1st team'?????

Quite frankly, i'd rather clear our debts and use any money to improve our income streams.

Chucking money at the 1st team gets you a Stockport County, Plymouth Argyle or a Notts County situation. I'd rather have a sustainable club for years to come than a decent team for the next year.

Well it's not 8 million into the club....2.5 million is for community projects and 500k for unwanted not needed pre-season games against American college teams...so it is 5 million but most of that is for a training complex on land that Vale don't own and will probably have to rent....the club will get about 400k under 24.9% so that the V2001 have complete control.....we might get a loan player.

You are jumping to cynically based conclusions mate.

The US tours were approved by MA. Can you tell us what is wrong with the idea?

The details of how the money will be spent are not exactly clear but Perry has talked about finishing the Lorne St and the RW Suite.

And once again, nobody with any sense is going to be declaring to the world how much money we are going to spend on the squad.

If you are buying a car, do you tell the person selling it how much money you have to spend?

i dont think any money is going to the team the cynic in me thinks any money coming in will dissapear at the moment its nothing but all talk.wouldnt be suprised if the yanks think we run like the nfl and have a colledge draft every year for players.and the fact its taken deakin and lloyd 5 days after the board meeting (with who adams !!!) to deliver stinks of spin.you know what they say "if it stinks of **** it properlly is ****"

All I'll say is this...

How do you know this?

Quite frankly, i'd rather clear our debts and use any money to improve our income streams.

Chucking money at the 1st team gets you a Stockport County, Plymouth Argyle or a Notts County situation. I'd rather have a sustainable club for years to come than a decent team for the next year.

I'd agree, but add that if you sort out the above, then more money should become available consistently for the first team. And you dot need silly money to get out of this league.

So you twist Mo's £1.2m into a £5m investment that gives us a single owner and debt free. Yet twist an £8m investment into 400k?! Utterly pathetic!

Stupers - bang on. Great post.

Nonsense stu, just look at fulhams, blackpools, hulls, boltons wouldn't mind being in there position

Archived