onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

investment in the team / squad

BIRCHES HEAD WHITES

Advert

I've had some interesting conversations today. That's all I will say and can say at this time!

I know people are going to shoot me and say I'm yet another rumor mongerer who claims to know all to get in the headlines, but this is nothing like that. At present I have spoken with few and kept my counsel, but have also spoken with those who I feel should know at this time.

For my part, I seriously approve of this deal, but as I have said to others, that is because I am thinking with a business brain and not a football fans heart.

I'm sorry, but I cannot divulge anything more, let history then judge, and those who I have confided in determine if what I know to be correct or not!

Sorry SV but this does "smack" of I know something (and maybe you do or not) but I can say I do but cant share!!! Why bother saying it!

I've had some interesting conversations today. That's all I will say and can say at this time!

I know people are going to shoot me and say I'm yet another rumor mongerer who claims to know all to get in the headlines, but this is nothing like that. At present I have spoken with few and kept my counsel, but have also spoken with those who I feel should know at this time.

For my part, I seriously approve of this deal, but as I have said to others, that is because I am thinking with a business brain and not a football fans heart.

I'm sorry, but I cannot divulge anything more, let history then judge, and those who I have confided in determine if what I know to be correct or not!

You're probably one of the posters I'd trust more than anyone else and if you're excited then I think that's good enough for me for now!

I really, really want this deal to be all that I hoped for. But i'm a bit baffled by the fact that if there is no or little investment in the team then we could miss out on promotion. So my question is 'Why would a company from the states want to pour £8 million into a club in the lowest tier of league football?'

It doesn't make sense to me, surely for that kind of investment they need the club to be moving up the divisions to get a return on their investment. Is it just me? Am I just cynical after years of being lied to and duped?

I really do hope I'm wrong.

You're probably one of the posters I'd trust more than anyone else and if you're excited then I think that's good enough for me for now!

From what SV is saying it ties in with what I know and feel. The deal is good for the long term future of the club. They are investing money into all the right areas for long term survival and community involvement HOWEVER if fans think it's going to affect the on pitch affairs to any great degree I think they are wrong.

From what SV is saying it ties in with what I know and feel. The deal is good for the long term future of the club. They are investing money into all the right areas for long term survival and community involvement HOWEVER if fans think it's going to affect the on pitch affairs to any great degree I think they are wrong.

It will improve things on the field if it stems the losses off it as we can increase the playing budget.

I think its pretty clear this investment is going to be used to improve the 'off the field' side of things. Very little of it will go to Micky to spend on the side. The boards argument will be that once we are setup correctly off the field ie: finishing the Lorne street, robbie williams suite and other various income streams and the improvement of our training facilties. . .that these things will eventually bring money into the club which will in turn get spent on the first team and maybe increase our budget for future seasons.

I have to agree with the fella before I am happy for us to build solid foundations rather than building our house on the sand.

I think its pretty clear this investment is going to be used to improve the 'off the field' side of things. Very little of it will go to Micky to spend on the side. The boards argument will be that once we are setup correctly off the field ie: finishing the Lorne street, robbie williams suite and other various income streams and the improvement of our training facilties. . .that these things will eventually bring money into the club which will in turn get spent on the first team and maybe increase our budget for future seasons.

I have to agree with the fella before I am happy for us to build solid foundations rather than building our house on the sand.

But will they really put any cash in or is it all to be made up of grants at various stages to do various community projects?

If you say it's false then it must be true because you have zero understanding of company finances.

Mo's director loan would not have cleared the debt BECAUSE THE CLUB WOULD HAVE TO PAY IT BACK and no matter how much you spin it that is the fact and it is stated as fact in Mo's business plan.

Not strictly true Mark. Indeed, your post is a misrepresentation of the truth.

I think you will find that Mo's brochure actually stated the following:

'such investment to be initially by way of interest free director's loan until such time as the club produces a reasonable profit whereupon MC reserves the right to claim interest and/or convert the loan to equity'

Whilst the future was not predicted in no way was it definitively stated the loan would have to be paid back, and I'm fairly confident that Mo had stated his preference would be to convert the loan into equity should the opportunity arise and it be within the articles at the time in question.

Sorry SV but this does "smack" of I know something (and maybe you do or not) but I can say I do but cant share!!! Why bother saying it!

Because I can see what a great deal this is for the Vale, but cannot help but feel (even know) that it is not going to match the expectations of what many fans think investment is or should be in a football club. If I say nothing and just let this float, there is a chance that it will cause more uproar and lead to the deal being pulled, which would be cataclysm ic for the Vale.

those who know me know I am not a board supporter and have supported SEO. But I also support this deal, in principal, but the devil is in the detail.

Tenement, ever played the game, "hot and cold"? Your boiling! But there is more, there's going to be few raised eyebrows, I tell you, took my breathe away!

Because I can see what a great deal this is for the Vale, but cannot help but feel (even know) that it is not going to match the expectations of what many fans think investment is or should be in a football club. If I say nothing and just let this float, there is a chance that it will cause more uproar and lead to the deal being pulled, which would be cataclysm ic for the Vale.

those who know me know I am not a board supporter and have supported SEO. But I also support this deal, in principal, but the devil is in the detail.

Tenement, ever played the game, "hot and cold"? Your boiling! But there is more, there's going to be few raised eyebrows, I tell you, took my breathe away!

I hear what you are saying, but if it's such a good proposition for the Vale, why is it shrouded in Perry's spin?

For the development of any training ground facilities to have any impact on the club's balance sheet, they really need to acquire the land behind the Bycars and/or Chatterley Whitfield rather than lease it for a peppercorn rent as they do currently.

Only then would the club's accounts truly feel the benefit of such money coming into the club.

Archived