onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

investment in the team / squad

BIRCHES HEAD WHITES

I agree with Bea that we don't need to change too much in the squad now, but it would be nice to know we have funds in reserve for the January window to help give us a boost towards the end of the season of we need it.

as MA said, he would only be looking to buy a player if they could improve the team, not the squad

Advert

But the point I'm making still stands, that it was a loan, it would still have been classed as debt and would not have made Vale debt free and Vale would have had to pay it back, depending on conditions at the time.

I'm just trying to dispel some of the myths being peddled by a few individuals about Mo's deal.

Again Mark, incorrect.

If the loan was converted to equity, which was a choice given equal standing to that of charging interest in Mo's brochure, it wouldn't have been repayable at all, unless Mo had done a Bratt and found a buyer for the equity or had structured in some form of redeemable shares.

It is therefore fair to say the potential total investment was up to £5 million.

I agree with Bea that we don't need to change too much in the squad now, but it would be nice to know we have funds in reserve for the January window to help give us a boost towards the end of the season of we need it.

as MA said, he would only be looking to buy a player if they could improve the team, not the squad

It would be nice to see 3or4 better quality signings in January ,that would mean if we did get promoted those players would be settled in and we had replaced the players not good enough for the next level.

I dont think the player budget will increase at all... some may be found... if needed. The investment seems to be in development of other areas, this may be to the benefit of a long term strategy... short and medium term I think we will suffer badly... so who/what will cover these ares? If the RW suite brings in an extra 400K[?] profit it will cover the present losses and we will be no further forward, we will still have the same problems and the same budget.... Its pointless refurbishing the factory if the product doesnt sell... its the product that has the real potential to produce the cash... other things may help [long term] but without some short/medium term help we wont see long term.... it should be a complete package not single item support facilities...

Specific details are needed about where [precisely] the money will be spent, who will get what amount for which project and who exactly will manage the facilities....

Why change a squad that is just coming good and has moved up to 3rd place ? Maybe later but MA has said that he doesnt want to introduce new faces for the sake of it, we may need loans if injuries cause more problems later. I dont want another Rocastle or McGoldrick who just comes here for a rest and high wages.

"rest and high wages" we already have Rico so y would we need any more "passengers" ? - this squad is woefully thin and weak in critical areas like midfield , goalkeeper and strikers. It aint a matter of introducing new faces for the sake of it - its about righting a wrong like going into a new season without enough players and quality in key areas.

1 clean sheet to date (and I suspect that was a fluke) isnt good enough if you want to get out of this league upwards rather than downwards.

The margins between top and bottom in this league are so tight that 2 good results and your up there on high - 2 bad results and your getting squeaky bum moments.

Last nights game could have easily gone either way - had we had the strength in the 3 key areas mentioned above the game could have been won more comfortably imho.

Twitters I would refrain from commenting if I were you until you know more about this "deal" , as Tony dyche posted it's mainly grants which can't go on player budget , I see what your saying about cutting losses but you need to make money or have investment to increase playing budget we won't get either. This deal is a really big polished ****.

8m will turn into 400k , the rest will be renovations of property we don't own and preseason tours.... Watch this space

So what about the Robbie Williams suite for one? Or the completion of the rest of the stand?

Again Mark, incorrect.

If the loan was converted to equity, which was a choice given equal standing to that of charging interest in Mo's brochure, it wouldn't have been repayable at all, unless Mo had done a Bratt and found a buyer for the equity or had structured in some form of redeemable shares.

It is therefore fair to say the potential total investment was up to £5 million.

No, I was correct. There's a chance some of that directors loan may have become more equity. However, my point which we seem to have got away from was that Mo's offer was not £5m worth of investment and was not guaranteeing to make the club debt free as some were claiming. That is what I was arguing and I was right. There is no guarantee of that.

I was in favour of Mo's deal. However, this new deal looks exciting and I'm willing to see what the finer points of the deal are.

No, I was correct. There's a chance some of that directors loan may have become more equity. However, my point which we seem to have got away from was that Mo's offer was not £5m worth of investment and was not guaranteeing to make the club debt free as some were claiming. That is what I was arguing and I was right. There is no guarantee of that.

I was in favour of Mo's deal. However, this new deal looks exciting and I'm willing to see what the finer points of the deal are.

Well here's a starter to chew over. The club's articles dictate that only £400k of the 'investment' can be in the form of equity.

So how does the remainder come into the club if not in the form of loans?

A goalkeeper is a must!!!

Yes we are 3rd however you cannot seriously think that we can carry on all season giving 2 goals away and hoping we can score three???

The squad of players lacks decent quality, Yates at right back has been ripped apart three times now, Mccombe & owen look half the players of last season.

As for the two keepers both are out of form.

Im nit suggesting we bring in for the sake of it, im saying strengthen the weak areas which are Right back (Yates is awful) Goalkeeper (both deeply out of form) and a pacey centre half.

"rest and high wages" we already have Rico so y would we need any more "passengers" ? - this squad is woefully thin and weak in critical areas like midfield , goalkeeper and strikers. It aint a matter of introducing new faces for the sake of it - its about righting a wrong like going into a new season without enough players and quality in key areas.

1 clean sheet to date (and I suspect that was a fluke) isnt good enough if you want to get out of this league upwards rather than downwards.

The margins between top and bottom in this league are so tight that 2 good results and your up there on high - 2 bad results and your getting squeaky bum moments.

Last nights game could have easily gone either way - had we had the strength in the 3 key areas mentioned above the game could have been won more comfortably imho.

Totally agree with that FBS. I was there (tin hat on, sorry, I weakened and thought "what the hell" after being unable see a game except Burton away due to work / personal ****). With just a little more luck / quality we could have battered both those teams. It's so close in this poor league (look at Morecambe vs Crawley!!) that with just £200,000 in the right direction (ie Micky pulls a good striker + midfield general; 30 ish) we could win it.

Archived