onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

investment in the team / squad

BIRCHES HEAD WHITES

Twitters I would refrain from commenting if I were you until you know more about this "deal" , as Tony dyche posted it's mainly grants which can't go on player budget , I see what your saying about cutting losses but you need to make money or have investment to increase playing budget we won't get either. This deal is a really big polished ****.

8m will turn into 400k , the rest will be renovations of property we don't own and preseason tours.... Watch this space

Burger me why dont we, seems i was right.

400k and 4.6m to spend on property we dont own.

SEO

Advert

No, I was correct. There's a chance some of that directors loan may have become more equity. However, my point which we seem to have got away from was that Mo's offer was not £5m worth of investment and was not guaranteeing to make the club debt free as some were claiming. That is what I was arguing and I was right. There is no guarantee of that.

I was in favour of Mo's deal. However, this new deal looks exciting and I'm willing to see what the finer points of the deal are.

This new "investment" is not £8 million either its £400k.

Mo bought Waterworld with an interest free directors loan (using his own money) and repaid it within 18 months and that is what he wanted to attempt to do with the Vale. How do I know? He told me and others at a B&G meeting we held with him.

Directors loans are common place and are tax efficient. You seem to have been brainwashed by the Bratt spin that this would have been bad, I don't believe it would.

You seem to be backing this bid and dismissing Mo as someone has told you he was "dodgy" yet we know absolutely bu%%er all about Blue Sky except they are only investing £400k and a lump of that will go into Bratt's pocket. It does nothing other than cover this seasons losses and unless something additional is about to be announced, as SV suggests, then the deal is poor IMHO when compared to others.

Why have all the reasons we should not acccept the Texans bid suddenly not apply to this one? No one seems to have questioned this or why it hasn't been put to the shareholders at an egm for approval. It stinks and the major shareholders will remain the same except Bratt and they will influence where OUR club goes, in fact if they are in cahoots with Jackson (who went to the USA to speak to potential investors don't forget) they will now be irremovable if voted back onto the board should they so wish to.

I'll add, this is in principle an attempt to stop SEO and get people back to matches by conning them into thinking everything is hunky dory, both Deacon's and Lloyds comments show this with both of them saying get back down to vale Park because everything is now great.

The board will be hoping this works and the projected seasons losses won't happen, it doesn't wash with me or many others as Tuesdays gate proved.

Mo bought Waterworld with an interest free directors loan (using his own money) and repaid it within 18 months and that is what he wanted to attempt to do with the Vale. How do I know? He told me and others at a B&G meeting we held with him.

QUOTE]

Must be true then.

Azure onlt benefit from the catering, not from the hire of the suite itself. By all accounts, the wedding business at Port Vale is something of a money spinner and at the open day the wife was extremely impressed with the setup of that. By all accounts, opening up the RW suite will double the amount of bookings we can make here and also allow bigger events, so there is definitely money to be made there.

It is good to know that the wedding business is going well. What about other non-football based events?

My concern is that I am told nobody is eating sit down meals on match day due to the huge increase in prices. I hear box holders even are boycotting the catering and VP's are up in arms. Do you know what is being done to rectify that? And what percentage of total catering revenue does match day food account for?

Also, are you sure that the RW suite will be bigger? Are you saying by "bigger events" you mean the RW room will accommodate larger numbers than the 230 sit down dining places the Valiants Suite can hold, or just that there will be more space in total?

I am interested because this is important to the future of the club's income.

It is good to know that the wedding business is going well. What about other non-football based events?

My concern is that I am told nobody is eating sit down meals on match day due to the huge increase in prices. I hear box holders even are boycotting the catering and VP's are up in arms. Do you know what is being done to rectify that? And what percentage of total catering revenue does match day food account for?

Also, are you sure that the RW suite will be bigger? Are you saying by "bigger events" you mean the RW room will accommodate larger numbers than the 230 sit down dining places the Valiants Suite can hold, or just that there will be more space in total?

I am interested because this is important to the future of the club's income.

i dont think matchday meals are the point about the RW suite

i thinks it more of a cabaret type facility that could be hired out for conferences, parties, shows, darts/boxing etc etc

Whatever way you look at it, seats in lorne street are not & should not be a priority above the 1st team.

Like it or not but Stokes model was build the team THEN a training complex. You dont see them filling the corners in & why???? because at the minute it makes no sense.....exactly the same as vale putting seats in lorne street.....makes no sense when we cant fill the ones we have.

As for preseason tours....im an Adams fan but trips to play poxy college teams on other side of world is pointless.

Whatever way you look at it, seats in lorne street are not & should not be a priority above the 1st team.

Like it or not but Stokes model was build the team THEN a training complex. You dont see them filling the corners in & why???? because at the minute it makes no sense.....exactly the same as vale putting seats in lorne street.....makes no sense when we cant fill the ones we have.

As for preseason tours....im an Adams fan but trips to play poxy college teams on other side of world is pointless.

Ditto.

The irony being Mark Simms offerred to put seats in the Lorne Street for free and guess what?? The Board turned him down!

This new "investment" is not £8 million either its £400k.

Directors loans are common place and are tax efficient. You seem to have been brainwashed by the Bratt spin that this would have been bad, I don't believe it would.

You seem to be backing this bid and dismissing Mo as someone has told you he was "dodgy" yet we know absolutely bu%%er all about Blue Sky except they are only investing £400k and a lump of that will go into Bratt's pocket. It does nothing other than cover this seasons losses and unless something additional is about to be announced, as SV suggests, then the deal is poor IMHO when compared to others.

Why have all the reasons we should not acccept the Texans bid suddenly not apply to this one? No one seems to have questioned this or why it hasn't been put to the shareholders at an egm for approval. It stinks and the major shareholders will remain the same except Bratt and they will influence where OUR club goes, in fact if they are in cahoots with Jackson (who went to the USA to speak to potential investors don't forget) they will now be irremovable if voted back onto the board should they so wish to.

Spot on

i dont think matchday meals are the point about the RW suite

i thinks it more of a cabaret type facility that could be hired out for conferences, parties, shows, darts/boxing etc etc

And you missed the point of my question, which was, is the RW Suite going to be bigger than the Valiants Suite?

Archived