onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fitness levels

Jacko51

Advert

Bruno made it clear that he would be doing the work on the training pitch with a ball.

Yep agree with you there but players must also have good fitness levels and physicality to compete. I'm amazed there was no scientific monitoring of player's finess levels, there was under the previous regime.

Bruno made it clear that he would be doing the work on the training pitch with a ball.

Yes, but he omitted to say it was a beach ball.

The more we find out about Bruno's approach the more amateurish is sounds. Fitness and work rate are givens these days, you simply have to have them just to have a chance of competing. Ronaldo and Messi wouldn't be the players they are if they had beer guts and were puffing and wheezing their way round the pitch like pub players - that's what people like me did!

So what was Browns role then and why didnt he complain about the lapsy daisy attitude towards fitness .

Adams preseason had them running for miles getting them ready for along tough season .

Look at Tom.Popes epic contribution to our promotion season that was down to Adams and co .

I thought we have looked miles off the pace in games ,no wonder we never hit the byline to cross ,no wonder we spend most the games sitting back .

There can be no quick fix unless u replace every single player .

Making excuses already but it shows the attitude of the players has being found wanting .

Do i go in work and not give 100 per cent,i generally per month r mobile and working hard moving gor 150 odd out the 160 .

Footballers r asked to do something they enjoy and a talent they r born with to run about a hour and half per game .

There fitness should be top peak they should know that .

To me thats a total disregard for who employs u .

So why stay, money? what would happen if that was the reason and another club came in and offered him "a offer he could not refuse",:ohmy:
Learning how not to manage a club? Seems he has an understanding with Smurf, but as you say money talks, and he has yet to show his ability.

Brown was clearly a peripheral figure while the double act was in charge, but wisely kept his counsel. But he was here as a player too remember and as a link between the old and the new, someone who already knew the players and the English game. He was a point of contact and solidarity in the summer when we had no manager and few players so provided a bit of stability within the Club. Who knows what the chairman said to him about his role. No doubt he did offer Bruno advice, which he seemed to reject. And, like us all, he didn't know how it would pan out. If he wants to stay in the game I'm sure the experience of the last 6 months will be invaluable to him.

He hasn't pulled up any trees yet but Rome wasn't built in a day. He immediately tried to alter the way we're set up in games, defending corners, going with two up front and trying to move the ball faster. He's addressing fitness concerns and is trying to get players in, hence the two lads on trial today. None of us has any patience (me included) but you can't expect miracles straight away. He got 4/6 valuable league points and Huddersfield's second string were so good on Saturday that they'd have wiped the floor with any league one team in the land, so I wouldn't be too critical of him for that, even if it was a tame way to go out.

Archived