onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Board meeting....

Burslem Academicals

Advert

Black and gold and SEO aren't the same thing and never were. I support the players by going not the board.

I agree and as i said before many times,people have their reasons for going as i have mine for not going for the time being but does the fact i am not attending at the moment mean i am less of a fan of Vale than you or Loz?? and do you think those not attending should comment on things to do with Vale?

I also agree and can see that in your heart you feel you are backing the team but again would you also agree that you are also helping those we protest against to stay in charge?(hopefully only for a short period now:D,as i want to come back and support the team we ALL love)

So that automatically makes this investment poor?

Who says this investment is not as good?

Your post to which I was responding said this deal would not be £1.2 million up front. The Board have rejected two bids that would have given the club £1.2 million up front. This suggests that, whilst this investment may be good or may be poor, it will not be as good as the bids which have been rejected. Anything which isn't up front is an "if" and I don't trust ifs!

If the news on tuesday is not a 5 million investment with 1.2 million upfront then it is unacceptable and Lloyd must resign because that is the investment offer that any deal must be measured against and anything less is a failure...

if the club is now open to investment then shouldn't the club be in talks with

Mark Sims and Mo Chaudry.

The thing I don't understand is....It's not a case of 5 mill v 1.2 mill. It's not either or.

It's almost irrelevant why Mo's bid was turned down. (It's much more significant HOW it was turned down and treated in general)

And in the short-medium term I can't see how 1.2 mill investment can be scoffed at by so many who are doing to blast the board. £1.2 million is an incredible amount of money for us. I'll be delighted if we do attract it. And I will expect the board to continue persuing as many investment avenues as possible.

1. It's not irrelevant why Mo's bid was rejected if the investment deal on the table at present is not a better package for the shareholders of the company. Indeed, it would be extremely relevant given the fiduciary duty the board have to the shareholders of the company.

2. Wasn't Mo's deal also £1.2 million, up front? It wasn't enough for some folk to not scoff at that deal was it?

3. Based on previous experience, the board still have a huge amount of work to do to show that a) they are actively pursuing investment, and b) that any investment is for the benefit of the collective rather than being self serving.

I sincerely hope that this week brings wonderful news. Precedent does however suggest that we should all probably be preparing to be either underwhelmed, disappointed, or angry. Or all three.

If the news on tuesday is not a 5 million investment with 1.2 million upfront then it is unacceptable and Lloyd must resign because that is the investment offer that any deal must be measured against and anything less is a failure...

if the club is now open to investment then shouldn't the club be in talks with

Mark Sims and Mo Chaudry.

Then failure it is unless 2 different unassociated parties are involved or 1 party buying 400k of new shares and a cash donation of 800k from them aswell.Can't see the latter somehow.

well if it doesnt match Mos deal or even top it then there are going to be some very angry people next week and with 2 home games to come they cant afford to alienate the fans and shareholders any more and should resign

STARVE EM OUT!!!

You are wrongly assuming that they give a **** about what the shareholder's/fan's think.;)

So that automatically makes this investment poor?

Who says this investment is not as good?

I'm confused as to what the argument is here.

The debate seems to be which is better: Mo Chaudry's OLD bid (which obviously the board were crazy to turn down and you agree that they should have accepted the offer) OR The mystery investment that the board are currently in talks over.

What you are saying is that you think the Mo Chaudry bid WAS a good offer but you think there is a chance the potential new investment COULD be better and that peoples attitudes shouldn't be so pessimistic towards it.

- I'm afraid I would have to disagree with you. I think people are well within their rights not to be satisfied with the potential new investment if it is not as good as Mo Chaudry's previous bid. This is because it was rejected by the board for no good reason, and they should be held accountable if they accept a bid worse than the previous rejected bid. Also the pessimism is understandable as this board recieved a vote of no confidence at the EGM and therefore they should not be trusted to decide on any investment regarding the long term future of PVFC.

However even though I would understand peoples anger if a worse bid is accepted, we need to come back to reality. The reality is that the board did not accept Mo's bid and are unlikely to do business with him in the future (even if they did, any new offer from Mo would be on revised terms anyway). Also as much as it hurts me to say they are still in control of the club, and I have to agree with you some investment is better than no investment, even if it is not as good as a previous offer. This is hard to admit but sadly it is the state we are in.

Archived