onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Insane FA Cup-tie ideas!

smithie

1. Announce the prices within the next three days so that publicity can begin.

2. Email every season ticket holder with ticket details.

3. Have Cup tickets ready for sale this Saturday.

4. Use OVF, Facebook and Twitter relentlessly to promote the offer.

5. Plaster Burslem with the date of the match and encourage upfront ticket sales.

6. Get the tickets available in as many outlets as possible.

I know none of these are remotely feasible, I'm just daydreaming

Advert

Put on the posters around town that we're actually playing Liverpool and we've signed Messi on loan

Seriously this is an opportunity to market the club and the match and hopefully send a lot of lapsed fans and newcomers home happy with what they have seen so they may come back again

When are the televised matches announced?

I've said this before but I think we're missing a trick buy not targeting the universities more. Market it as 'proper' 'old-school', knock out some decently designed posters, £5 entrance with £5 off the following home game if you keep the stub, maybe even lay on transport. I imagine that the vast majority of the students at Keele and the poly wouldn't ever consider coming to Vale so even though this wouldn't be building a fanbase for the future, there would surely be a short term gain in terms of finance, atmosphere and possible repeat attendees.

The actual day could be marketed better, even put on some more festive stuff like mulled wine and make it like an actual event. We'll never compete with Stoke if we're trying to attract fans on their terms so we need to work out what we want the club to be seen as.

I've said this before but I think we're missing a trick buy not targeting the universities more. Market it as 'proper' 'old-school', knock out some decently designed posters, £5 entrance with £5 off the following home game if you keep the stub, maybe even lay on transport. I imagine that the vast majority of the students at Keele and the poly wouldn't ever consider coming to Vale so even though this wouldn't be building a fanbase for the future, there would surely be a short term gain in terms of finance, atmosphere and possible repeat attendees.

The last thing I want next to me is some twattish student called Tristram on his phone saying "So, we're like at Port Vale and stuff. Wish I'd stayed in the Student Union watching Sky".

Drippy layabouts.

The actual day could be marketed better, even put on some more festive stuff like mulled wine and make it like an actual event.

NS as Santa?

Actually the universities could be worth a punt..although I'm not in favour of giving students large discounts etc..why make a hard-working bloke pay full price whilst letting a layabout student who doesn't get up 'til noon and then spends all day on the pop etc get in on the cheap?

Schools, universities..all worth a punt

The last thing I want next to me is some twattish student called Tristram on his phone saying "So, we're like at Port Vale and stuff. Wish I'd stayed in the Student Union watching Sky".

Drippy layabouts.

The last thing a student wants next to them is some ignorant local with a bias against students :razz::wink:

NS as Santa?

Actually the universities could be worth a punt..although I'm not in favour of giving students large discounts etc..why make a hard-working bloke pay full price whilst letting a layabout student who doesn't get up 'til noon and then spends all day on the pop etc get in on the cheap?

Schools, universities..all worth a punt

The only way to attract new people into a new market/experience is usually via a loss leader, whether it is an introductory ticket offer or free transport, say a couple of double deckers? Regulars/existing customers experience this all the time.

The only way to attract new people into a new market/experience is usually via a loss leader, whether it is an introductory ticket offer or free transport, say a couple of double deckers? Regulars/existing customers experience this all the time.

Indeed introductory offers are a fine thing..I'm uncomfortable though with the large discounts suggested when hard-working fans will have to pay a much larger full price. A discount by all means but not as much as has been suggested.

Anyway being students just tell them they can have free Wi-Fi in the stadium and they'll come flicking..they'll spend all the match looking at they eye-phones or whatever anyway.

Archived