onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Best 11?

oakesypvfc

With everyone fit what's your best 11?

..................Alnwick..................

Purkiss...Streete....Smith....Hart

....Taylor.... Grant ....Foley....

..Jones....Forrester....Thomas

Everyone knows were struggling like mad at the moment whether that's the managers fault, the players fault or Norman's fault or an emalgamation of all three who knows. However if we can get everyone fit I think the first 11 looks pretty decent. Thoughts Valiants?

Advert

I'd put Ryan Taylor in his proper position at Right Back.

I also think Jones is better when playing two up front.

I'd also like to see Kiko playing in his proper position at Left Back, looked decent when I saw him play there in pre-season.

Alnwick

Taylor / Streete / Smith / Knops

Pereira / Grant / Tavares / Thomas

Forrester / Jones

When fit:

....................Alnwick..................

...........Streete...Smith...Knops...........

Taylor..........Grant..Amoros.........Thomas

...................Foley....................

............Jones........Forrester.............

Purkiss is no centre half and De Freitas could yet prove to be better than Foley.

When fit:

....................Alnwick..................

...........Streete...Smith...Knops...........

Taylor..........Grant..Amoros.........Thomas

...................Foley....................

............Jones........Forrester.............

Purkiss is no centre half and De Freitas could yet prove to be better than Foley.

This is the one!!

Our best XI looks ok on paper, but nothing more than that.

There is an assumption that young lads like Forester can suddenly step up to the plate and score 15 goals but the lad is very inexperienced and needs time. His value has gone through the roof since he's been injured but that's surely more a reflection of how dire we've been rather than how good he is. He's done nothing yet.

Foley would be in my team for his prodigious work rate if nothing else but he hasn't mastered the no. 10 shirt as well as Dodds did so I'm not pinning my hopes on him to score more than 3-4 goals which won't be enough.

Taylor is yet to prove himself.

Purkiss has been poor this season.

Yes, it's the best we can manage but I'm not expecting miracles from that XI. We still don't have much height up front or much pace on the wings, nor a real scoring threat from central midfield.

I'm not deluding myself that we would win every game we play and score 80 goals with that line-up. We won't. But it's a damn sight better than the current lot.

Would play 3-5-2 myself but can't see us playing it. My team would be;

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Smith Knops Hart

Taylor Grant Thomas

Forrester Jones

If we are to persist with passing the ball out from the back, Knops should be one of the 3 at the back, he is the only one that is comfortable with the ball at his feet, Smith and Streete, while decent defenders are not the best with the ball at their feet. Taylor for me is wasted at full back, he needs to be on the ball more, has played many games before in midfield and we are really struggling in this area. Thomas for me could operate just behind the front 2, is a clever footballer.

Archived