onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement Oliver

NLVMalc

Advert

I wouldn't want Simms either the way he has publicly dragged the clubs name through the mud and messed everyone about!

You're really struggling to find things to wind people up[ on now aren't you Charely boy! The last fo your mates has said he's going, a new dawn is on the horizon to a better future...you must find it really irksome all these Vale fans being so happy! :D

The whole lot stinks from top to bottom, I've lost faith in the lot.

What was wrong with Sims in the first place?

What really was wrong with selling 24.9% to MO initially?

Why did Nigel Meakin say what he did?, surely he and Mark Sims on the board would leave us in a better position to deal with the incoming Investment deal?

How many people have been on their own ego trip?

The only thing I know is that I HAVE COMMITTED FULLY to Black & Gold, SEO, own shares etc, etc.

What will happen to the 400-500 who have not renewed season tickets if now all is rosy?

Could the new investment BE Meigh and Jackson?

Still too many unanswered questions to even consider stopping the protests.

Good god no!

Whilst I welcome this statement, it should be treated as that, a statement. Nothing has changed yet and today we still have Oliver and Bratt still as directors and in the seats of power at VP. Their reputation is built on hollow gestures, lies, false promises, and talks of investments deals. Cry wolf, we have been taken for a ride many, many times before and this could be yet another false promise.

I will react on actions, not words.

Why has this come out now not even a week after turning Marks compromises down of BB and GO to leave?

I'm sorry I can't echo everyones excitement with this announcement.

Bratt is still currently a director and significant share-holder.

Oliver is still currently a director and significant share-holder.

Lloyd is now chairman and significant share-holder.

Meigh is still a significant share-holder.

Jackson is still a significant share holder.

Deakin is still in office at our club.

Whats changed and what good could come of an AGM when that lot have so many shares between them.

Its seems some people are over the moon with an 'investment/sponsorship' deal that only a few months ago we all tried our hardest to de-rail. The only real hope for meaningful investment last night turned away from us, probably for good.

Have I missed something?

I guess it all goes around "you can't always get what you want". So SEO PG etc got part of what they wanted (all the board bar LLoyd gone or going) and a lot more openness recently. On the other hand, the rump of the board lived to fight off Mo Chaudry and leave on their own terms. So a sort of draw. I guess it crucially depends on the nature of the new investment, and the openess of the new board to fans and new investment. If it is just the old Ameriturf deal I'd be hugely disapponted, if it's Ameriturf plus someting else with some smart guys in charge open to further investment then maybe it's the way forward. Who knows? But maybe the BG SEO people could consider a moratorium until, say the AGM. A lot of change has been achieved, maybe take a breather and resume activities in Dec if things go pear shaped? Just a thought.

No-one is over the moon with the proposed investment bid because details of it have not yet been released.

I think 'the Board' should now be judged as since when Mike Lloyd became Chairman. yes he was part of the previous Board and voted with them so that is a major concern.

From now on we judge Mike Lloyd - whatever happens in the future will be down to him. One of my concerns is that Bratt and Oliver still have the 'majority vote' over Mike Lloyd.

There is no reason why Glenn could not have resigned now as a Director and continued to work for the new investment whilst not on the Board.

Or even done the same as Bratty and signed a resignation letter that would be implemented as soon as the investment is secured.

No-one is over the moon with the proposed investment bid because details of it have not yet been released.

I think 'the Board' should now be judged as since when Mike Lloyd became Chairman. yes he was part of the previous Board and voted with them so that is a major concern.

From now on we judge Mike Lloyd - whatever happens in the future will be down to him. One of my concerns is that Bratt and Oliver still have the 'majority vote' over Mike Lloyd.

There is no reason why Glenn could not have resigned now as a Director and continued to work for the new investment whilst not on the Board.

Or even done the same as Bratty and signed a resignation letter that would be implemented as soon as the investment is secured.

Mark Sims was given the cold shoulder whilst Lloyd was chairman.

I don't care who it is as long as they have got plenty of cash!! and a reasonable amount of knowledge of the game..

Don't care if there American, Arab, Poles, French or even WELSH... As long as they have plenty of money...

Like mo.. he doesn't have much football knowledge (if any) .. but he has plenty of money too get the best guys in for the job...

I believe the statement put out today, because they are really on there ****s now and there is nothing else they can do except get investment in..

Yeah they have been ***** and let our club down and fans, but they are vale fans, and im sure they wouldn't bring in investment that they know will ultimately make the club worse than what they have achieved..

Im having a little faith in a NEW Vale now..

(And i look forward too them stepping down very soon, Which they will do!!) :)

Archived