onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement Oliver

NLVMalc

Advert

I am happy with the announcement because I am aware of what has been input into this behind the scenes.

Bill Bratt has signed a legally binding resignation letter and that is in the hands of Perry Deakin

I accept Mike Llooyd's assurances that the door for investment is open to anyone and this is being activeley pursued.

I would not be supportive of Aneriturf as a sole investor with a controlling 51% holding of the club when added to V2001. However, that is no longer the case. It is my belief that the days of V2001 are gone for ever.

IMHO a cheap ST offer will be re-introduced shortly.

Fairportnick - believe what you wish of this but I am perhaps more prepared to trust so I will be going back to watch my team play at Vale Park - If things don't work out then I leave again.

Dave,

If anyone can invest does this mean that Mark Sims can now indeed invest and take a seat on the board of directors as both Bratt and Oliver will be no more?

This is obviously dependent on Mark being OK with whoever it is that will be investing and feels that he can work with them but surely Marks demands have now been met?

If he goes, then brilliant. However, last week they said that Bratt and Oliver will not be leaving to Simms. So what has happened since? They are going to leave, all be it not for a few months. This shows one thing, that they have no intention of having a fans representative or Simms on board as they would of resigned a week earlier if they did.

What has happened since last week - Lloyd spoke to the fans, that's what!

Guest southburslemvaliant
What has happened since last week - Lloyd spoke to the fans, that's what!

Lloyd spoke to the fans or Lloyd spoke to the vociferous minority?

Oh I forgot those invited for talks must be fully representative of all Port Vale fans.

I'm still dubious I'm afraid. What is the potential investment? Who will replace Oliver, Bratt and Adams lets not forget, to keep the board Quorate? Why was this not agreed to last week to allow Mark Sims to join the board? Will Mark Sims now join the board?

More importantly, why did Bratt and Oliver not agree to this at the EGM on the 1st June 2011, to allow investment to be put in place for pre-season to help Micky improve the squad then? Their selfishness and determination to hang on, has not only split the fanbase, but hampered our chances this season. I hope Bratt and Oliver are banned from Vale Park for life. They are disgraceful human beings of the highest order and deserve nothing but contempt from every Vale fan.

After months of saying "i'm done" but hoping for good news, I spent my season ticket money when sims pulled out.

All good news, but if investment is being actively looked for, can sims and Chaudry be approached?

Whatever happens, if all is positive, it would have to be a half season ticket for me. :(

I am happy with the announcement because I am aware of what has been input into this behind the scenes.

Bill Bratt has signed a legally binding resignation letter and that is in the hands of Perry Deakin

I accept Mike Llooyd's assurances that the door for investment is open to anyone and this is being activeley pursued.

I would not be supportive of Aneriturf as a sole investor with a controlling 51% holding of the club when added to V2001. However, that is no longer the case. It is my belief that the days of V2001 are gone for ever.

Fairportnick - believe what you wish of this but I am perhaps more prepared to trust so I will be going back to watch my team play at Vale Park - If things don't work out then I leave again.

Good enough for me, I think.

Not happy about BB getting his money back, BUT you can't have everything.

If there is a new "welcome back" cheap ST then I am teetering that way...............

I really cant help but think that their is more to this than meets the eye. From the outside looking in it appears to me that Mr Oliver is doing this to "save face" as it seems highly unlikely that he would be re-elected at the AGM. The board never had any intention of letting MS on the board, why? I dont like having the wool pulled over my eyes and this is what it looks like is happening to me.

The vast majority of shareholders and fanbase wanted MS on the board. The board made this nigh on impossible.

Im glad Oliver is going but something stinks about this

First of all, may I thanks you for all the hard work that you have put in on behalf of the supporters in getting to this position. That said I'm sure that you will understand when I say making a statement of intent and carrying it out are two very different things. Just think of some of Bratt's statements in the past! I sincerely hope that this pans out and is correct. However, I will not be putting my money into the club by attending home matches until they have finally gone for ever. I know I am being cynical but if everyone returns then finances improve and Oliver then stays - not beyond the realms of possibility. I'm sure that your take on the situation is right and that I'm being unnecessarily pessemistic but after all that has happened can you blame me? Regards

Guest southburslemvaliant

I broke this story on the 12th of August:

"I met Mr Oliver last weekend by chance at Valiant Tool Hire. While I helped him load a few Calor Gas Cylinders into his car I asked him if he was going to go.

He said "how can I stay?"

I emailed Steve Guppy and he said he was keeping out of it.

What I will say though is that there are a lot of questions for Mike Lloyd to answer on Sunday and he has to tick all the right boxes to get full ongoing support.

Whilst being grateful to Glenn for his decision I believe he could have made a clearer statement by agreeing to stand down on the signing of the new investor deal - unless the new investment does not include Board places and is a simple sponsorship. In which case Glenn would have to remain to make the quorum.

Dave F

Will not be entering Vale Park again until the pair of them (GO & BB) have firmly shut the door behind them. Have not attended every after match protest/march/meetings/AGM and EGM to cave in now.....not until it's definate they are gone for good.

Very interesting - I hope he keeps his word.

With Bratt on his way and Oliver also on his way then I'd like to think the board room will be a more open place - perhaps now is the time for Sims and Chaudry to re-approach the club - depending on what this investment is - guess we'll know that in a 2-3 of weeks. To quote a phrase.

I want to wait until this happens before moving on.

Good enough for me, I think.

Not happy about BB getting his money back, BUT you can't have everything.

If there is a new "welcome back" cheap ST then I am teetering that way...............

BB getting his money back? Where is that confirmed?

If it is so, where is the money coming from to do that?

Otherwise, BB and Go may be gone, but as long as they and their cohorts have the ability to contrive a shareholders vote in favour of whatever they want, we are stuffed.

I will not be happy until I see the full details of what is going on behind closed doors.

I am sure there is no chance that this deal will be put to the shareholders before it is signed. Don't I remember something being said about that happening about one or other potential deal they bloviated about at some time in the past?

Guest Tony Dyche

The thing is, if people don't go back, then they may see it as an endorsment to stay. They can now see what the effect has been, and what it will be again if they go back on the promise.

Attend, show them what its like to have unified support and if they shaft us, withdraw again.

I don;t think they will shaft us though, I genuinely believe we are standing at a new dawn. Not the one we wanted granted, but some middle ground which could pave the way to a brighter future...

PVFC!!

Archived