onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Personal abuse - not tolerated, users banned

robf

Advert

I agree that the points system is a fair way to go but what about the posters whom were banned previously, and up against severe provacation..do they get reinstated again?

That's down to individual cases to be honest. We're certainly not infallible (all admin are doing this in spare time and unpaid) so we can make mistakes. We have received and reviewed appeals over banning and I suspect we will do again in the future. But it's difficult to give a general answer to individual cases.

That has to be the [b]most ironic thing [/b]I've read yet on this forum, among all the sucking up. You seem to revel in trying to provoke one or two others such as myself, so take a good look in the mirror! Pot calling the kettle black.

The saddest part about this forum, which I still enjoy even if most of the better posters have long moved on, is that you get into a heated debate with someone and ]that person will hold it against you many weeks later, or in a completely different thread in regards to a completely different subject[/b]. It's all a bit sad and pathetic really. It's just a forum at the end of the day.

I'll man up, however, and due to the way I post I should take the hit and be one of the people banned for the week proposed. :hello:

I am not proposing to get involved in any discussion or abuse with this poster, but will say that by posting this here, and quoting me, this posts proves categorically the points I made about provocation. [

Nowhere did my own post even allude remotely to this poster, yet the use of the term 'sucking up' and the post in general is surely abusive in itself.

I would be interested to know if this sort of thing is included in the new rules, as it is exactly what leads to abuive remarks - the post could have made the points without quoting, naming and attacking myself.

The last point in red, about 'coming on a different thread etc' is EXACTLY, and the most clear example of what this post itself is doing - are dictionaries explaining what irony means these days ?

None of what I have posted above myself is personal abuse - but it is clear that this post is trying to provoke some.

Why do people allow themselves to be provoked? I know I lost it with REP over his stupidly provocative posts on the Sentinel thread but I find it relatively easy to ignore stuff, including being called a clown and a man! I just assume it's some loon behind a keyboard who hasn't had his/her medication!!

Why do people allow themselves to be provoked? I know I lost it with REP over his stupidly provocative posts on the Sentinel thread but I find it relatively easy to ignore stuff, including being called a clown and a man! I just assume it's some loon behind a keyboard who hasn't had his/her medication!!

I agree and as I've mentioned - there is a very simple to use "IGNORE" option. If someone is getting you riled then I would suggest ignoring them or if it is serious enough reporting them - not biting back at them...

Archived