onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Party leaders

tommytunstall

Indeed it is Geo, but if there was any chance any of the BREXIT mob truly believed it seems to me they would stay and see it through - especially Farage, poison chalice or not because he is doing his own 'Exit to his family.

My thinking is they are political cowards.

A lot are Barry... willing to risk anything of anyone's... except their own.

You may have gathered Im no fan of politicians of any leaning.

Advert

From news report

Andrea Leadsom now has the support of two former Conservative leaders - Lord Howard and Iain Duncan Smith.

It's a significant moment by her campaign as both men are held in high regard by the 150,000 members of the Conservative Party who will ultimately choose the next Prime Minister.

Her aides are playing down reports that she will be introduced by Boris Johnson, the former Mayor of London, at a speech this morning.

However the combination of Mr Johnson's backing alongside that of Lord Howard and Mr Duncan Smith is a significant asset for Mrs Leadsom.

Some quotes about one of the Conservative leadership candidates:

“She’s the only woman I know who’s got a decent pair of balls. I can’t help but admire somebody like that”

“For the first time speaking to a home secretary I felt someone was actually listening to what I had to say. Everything she promised me she has fulfilled. To get that from the home secretary after 25 years was remarkable.”

The words of Margaret Aspinall, Hillsborough campaign leader on Theresa May

Good enough for me

Some quotes about one of the Conservative leadership candidates:

“She’s the only woman I know who’s got a decent pair of balls. I can’t help but admire somebody like that”

“For the first time speaking to a home secretary I felt someone was actually listening to what I had to say. Everything she promised me she has fulfilled. To get that from the home secretary after 25 years was remarkable.”

The words of Margaret Aspinall, Hillsborough campaign leader on Theresa May

Good enough for me

On the other hand -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3677848/Did-Theresa-fall-ASLEEP-Chilcot-debate-Tory-leadership-frontrunner-caught-camera-nodding-David-Cameron-s-Commons-speech.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/26/may-hails-benefits-of-sharia-as-inquiry-set-up-into-misuse-of-is/

I wish the Remainers would focus on the positives instead of following the BBC'S mantra of doom and gloom.
It appears they have come up with a positive, in 5 years time sufficient remainers will have died due to old age that any changes to the EU relationship can be reversed, by referendum or election. Whether I will be about at that time they did not say.

It appears they have come up with a positive, in 5 years time sufficient remainers will have died due to old age that any changes to the EU relationship can be reversed, by referendum or election. Whether I will be about at that time they did not say.

Maybe we should have a cull to bring all that forward..can we have a referendum on that?

I wont quote the whole post...

I agree with most of it... except she must have known... must?

Heard rumours like yourself? probably... but thinking and probably believing something isnt necessarily the same as knowing it.

I think quite a few suspected but probably didnt want to believe [common factor in child abuse]... some knew.

But the thread isnt about thatcher or saville... lets try to stay on topic... its not a rebuke

Yes, apologies for swaying off topic (although I think partly due to one candidate beign called the new Thatcher) - but I felt that Howjy (who I always enjoy replying to, he is not negative) deserevd an explanation of where I was coming from (as they say).

Most worrying is how many of the things from the long list of MT's 'acheievements' will be repeated by any new Prime Minister who attempts to emulate her. Not many people want 15 per cent interest rates and 3.6m unemployed again thanks.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like that an unelected leader is being forced on us again, and I said the same with Gordon Brown and long ago with Jim Callaghan and Major.

Mind you, if we had a General Election right now, God only knows what would happen , we might end up with Douglas Carswell as PM on a protest vote, with people saying 'I didn't think he would really win'.

What is that Chinese curse about wishing you eventful times to live in ?:smile:

I see the Daily Mail has a two page spread this morning which does huge damage to Andrea Leadsom. Loads of stuff debunking her claims of having held hugely important roles in the City and some very interesting stuff about her tax affairs! The newspaper is supported May, of course.

Archived