onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Advert

Really good and important win for Liverpool yesterday considering they started the game without Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino and Mane and also dropping two points against Bournemouth at Anfield. (Who didn't see that one coming a mile off?) They've been under par this year as of yet but have still managed to beat Spurs, Arsenal and Everton and a Champions League place is theirs to now lose.

Spurs were superb and if Chelsea slip up and Spurs can make up 3 points it could suddenly make the title race very interesting. Don't see Chelsea dropping too many points though, but in the PL anything can happen and far more surprising things have happened than Spurs pipping them on the final straight.

Really good and important win for Liverpool yesterday considering they started the game without Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino and Mane and also dropping two points against Bournemouth at Anfield. (Who didn't see that one coming a mile off?) They've been under par this year as of yet but have still managed to beat Spurs, Arsenal and Everton and a Champions League place is theirs to now lose.

Spurs were superb and if Chelsea slip up and Spurs can make up 3 points it could suddenly make the title race very interesting. Don't see Chelsea dropping too many points though, but in the PL anything can happen and far more surprising things have happened than Spurs pipping them on the final straight.

I thought that Mignolet was immense yesterday and made two world class saves.

I thought that Mignolet was immense yesterday and made two world class saves.

Indeed, and he's had plenty of games where's he has kept Liverpool in games. But for some reason he never gets credit for this, yet when he makes an error he's sodomized for it. He's not one of the top keepers in Europe and he doesn't have the presence of those top goalies, but his shot stopping is second to none.

Brilliant performance by Palace last night. Arsenal were really poor but it was Palace's tactics and application that made them poor

Arsenal's defending was shambolic though, and even I can say that as a Liverpool fan! I'm a fan of Bellerin but since signing a new contract he's been a liability for them at right-back.

Klopp should make up with Sakho and make him part of his plans for next season. He's been absolutely outstanding for Palace - Helped by the fact that their manager doesn't try to make him play out from the back and tells him to just defend, something which he's very good at.

Klopp should make up with Sakho and make him part of his plans for next season. He's been absolutely outstanding for Palace - Helped by the fact that their manager doesn't try to make him play out from the back and tells him to just defend, something which he's very good at.

But Klopp wants more than that from his central defenders so Sakho doesn't fit.

But Klopp wants more than that from his central defenders so Sakho doesn't fit.

I don't see why. As long as one of your centre-backs is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back then it's ideal to have a Sakho type next to him who's job is ultimately to defend and put his body on the line. For me a Sakho/Matip partnership is the way forward. Klaven is bang average, and also getting on, and Lovren can be excellent on his day but has too many poor games.

It was Sakho's attitude that Klopp didn't like (way too much of a joker) and ultimately got him loaned out and wasn't about his defending or lack of ability as a defender.

I don't see why. As long as one of your centre-backs is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back then it's ideal to have a Sakho type next to him who's job is ultimately to defend and put his body on the line. For me a Sakho/Matip partnership is the way forward. Klaven is bang average, and also getting on, and Lovren can be excellent on his day but has too many poor games.

I agree but I wasn't on about what you and I want

it was Sakho's attitude that Klopp didn't like (way too much of a joker) and ultimately got him loaned out and wasn't about his defending or lack of ability as a defender.

A front for the real reason..if he were good enough and the right sort of player he'd put up with the other stuff.

Archived