Premiership 16/17 Season

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's talk of Liverpool paying up to £60m (I've read figures from £35m to £60m being banded around) for him. That's ridiculous amounts of money.

Agreed,I'm not sure if this is good business by Liverpool.A few years ago they signed another Southampton defender for a reported fee of £20m, which was a record transfer at the time.To pay three times that for someone similar,shows how distorted prices have become in the PL?

Agreed,I'm not sure if this is good business by Liverpool.A few years ago they signed another Southampton defender for a reported fee of £20m, which was a record transfer at the time.To pay three times that for someone similar,shows how distorted prices have become in the PL?

Van Dijk is considerably better than Lovren and so should cost more, though it's pretty obvious that prices in world football as a whole have gone absolutely ridiculous.

United paid 30 million for Eric Bailly of the back of one decent season with Villareal, and unlike Van Dijk he was completely unproven in the EPL.

Van Dijk is considerably better than Lovren and so should cost more, though it's pretty obvious that prices in world football as a whole have gone absolutely ridiculous.

United paid 30 million for Eric Bailly of the back of one decent season with Villareal, and unlike Van Dijk he was completely unproven in the EPL.

Messi is unproven int he Premier League, that argument doesn't stand up.

Bailly is also better than Van Dyke, which is what determines the price.

Bailly better than Van Dijk ??? Whoo me ribs rolling around on the floor with laughter !!

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Seems what some people on here know bout football outside of Burslem you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Sky reporting that Southampton are reporting Liverpool for tapping up Van Dijk. They say they haven't accepted any bid or given him permission to talk to them.

Van Dijk's Dutch mate Wijnaldum has probably been doing negotiations behind the scenes.I wonder if they've both got the same agent?

Exactly. Seems what some people on here know bout football outside of Burslem you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

Based on the toss you've written on this thread, I'm fairly sure I've forgotten more than you know

Too early to say yet, although I think Spurs and Chelsea will be there or thereabouts (not really fantastic insight, granted). The likes of City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal have too many holes in their side and not enough time to fill them with the Euros currently going on.

Turns out this was fantastic insight after all!

Archived