onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Advert

Now who was it who kept on and on and on and on about Tottenham and Liverpool 'falling away' and not providing a top 4 challenge, then changed it to 'Oh, they will collapse at Easter?' not so long ago. Come out from behind that sofa, FUA. :laugh:

You obviously didn't check what I said D@P, I said they wouldn't stick the pace to actually win it.At the start of the season my top 4 was:-

1.Man.City

2.Spurs

3.Man.Utd

4.Chelsea

Liverpool have impressed me a lot over the last couple of games. When I saw the line-up away to Stoke I didn't think we stood a chance of getting anything more than a point out of the game, but Klopp played it perfectly and got things spot on. Against West Brom they didn't play well but showed character and defended fantastically against West Brom's aerial bombardment and in a way I didn't think they were capable of. There's still a lot of work to do but a Champions Leage spot is there's to lose now. Two superb victories without the likes of Henderson, Lallana, Mane and Sturridge.

I also really hope that Spurs win the title simply because I enjoy watching them play far more than I do Chelsea. For Chelsea, Costa has been awful the last couple of months which has coincided with reports that he wanted out and off to China in the last transfer window.

Liverpool have impressed me a lot over the last couple of games. When I saw the line-up away to Stoke I didn't think we stood a chance of getting anything more than a point out of the game, but Klopp played it perfectly and got things spot on.

Hardly, Stoke are garbage and Liverpool were woeful that first half. Coutinho and Firmino came on and won the game in the second half, Stoke are in real trouble next season , Klopp got out of jail in that game.

I thought we were getting relegated this season again though?

Remember the thread in September when fans were salivating over a Championship derby next season?

:-)

You are just lucky enough that sunderland committed suicide and middlesborough fell out with their manager, otherwise you would be in a dog fight.

Surely you are worried about next season?

Hardly, Stoke are garbage and Liverpool were woeful that first half. Coutinho and Firmino came on and won the game in the second half, Stoke are in real trouble next season , Klopp got out of jail in that game.

Never said we weren't anything but **** for most of the game, but bringing on Firmino and Coutinho won Liverpool the game. Both were will, but Klopp must have been tempted to start one of them if not both, but Liverpool were still very much in the game when the came on and ended up with the 3 points.

Never said we weren't anything but **** for most of the game, but bringing on Firmino and Coutinho won Liverpool the game. Both were will, but Klopp must have been tempted to start one of them if not both, but Liverpool were still very much in the game when the came on and ended up with the 3 points.

So he didn't play it perfectly or get it spot on, he ballsed up and had to bring on three big guns who he thought he could do without. Suicide going to stoke and fielding a load of Youngsters, they were like rabbits in a headlight.

Having watched a magnificent attacking display by Monaco in the CL tonight, I wish they played in our Prem - perhaps we will get some of those players here next season though.

They were scintillating against Manchester City, but even better against Dortmund tonight, and are a good outside bet to win the thing.

Definitely a big summer recruitment wise. Need to bring the average age of the squad down and replace 3/4 of the old guard with younger players to challenge for a first team spot. Lot of Stoke fans are saying Hughes should be replaced I'm not one of them it has to be said

I'm a Mark Hughes fan and have been since his Man City days. Saying that I think he has taken Stoke as far as he can and is starting to look a bit stale at the club.

Lard are on borrowed time. Not wishful thinking but an opinion formed on a season of basically doing the double over the likes of Hull, Watford and Sunderland. They have not had one jump out result bar maybe Man City away, the lardies are restless and when you look at the team they look bang average.

That said Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton etc are already looking like handing them another lifeline next season.

Hear it season after season. I'm sure your prediction will come right eventually though even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Well it will be right in time..just a matter of when not if.

Be interesting then my work colleague 'tourists ' to see if they go against Ipswich and the likes...

Now who was it who kept on and on and on and on about Tottenham and Liverpool 'falling away' and not providing a top 4 challenge, then changed it to 'Oh, they will collapse at Easter?' not so long ago. Come out from behind that sofa, FUA. :laugh:

I might have been a week out D@P?😁

Really good and important win for Liverpool yesterday considering they started the game without Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino and Mane and also dropping two points against Bournemouth at Anfield. (Who didn't see that one coming a mile off?) They've been under par this year as of yet but have still managed to beat Spurs, Arsenal and Everton and a Champions League place is theirs to now lose.

Spurs were superb and if Chelsea slip up and Spurs can make up 3 points it could suddenly make the title race very interesting. Don't see Chelsea dropping too many points though, but in the PL anything can happen and far more surprising things have happened than Spurs pipping them on the final straight.

The team that will stop Liverpool finishing 4th Beechy will be Liverpool them self's.

Archived