onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Everton are my pick to challenge for a top 6 spot, Ronald Koeman is a canny guy and they have some good players, I anticipate Barklay will have a great season.

They are going to lose Lukaku and Stones. Barkley at the moment for all of his potential is massively over-hyped, and the fact that he didn't kick a ball for England in the Euro's say's everything about his progress as a footballer, or lack of it. He flatters to deceive more than any other footballer I know.

Advert

I will be surprised if Chelsea finish top 4, I think they are where United were a few seasons ago and need to rebuild a very average squad. For me the title will end up in Manchester, which side I don't know, Arsenal will be top 4 with Tottenham and Liverpool fighting it out for the other top 4 spot but I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton surprised a few people by sneaking in.

Chelsea will be very strong IMO, with Conte as manager I think they will be challenging for the league again. Them or City for the title, I cant see United winning it and I personally hope Zlatan flops big time. Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Spurs challenging for 3rd and 4th, West ham to do very well again and I personally I think Southampton will struggle this year.

Chelsea and United will obviously be stronger. City might take a couple of years for the Guardiola effect to tke full effect, but have to be considered favorites. Arsenal at the moment looking more like a side that belong in the same category as the likes of Spurs and Liverpool more than genuine title challengers, although a couple of good signings could change that.

Chelsea and United will obviously be stronger. City might take a couple of years for the Guardiola effect to tke full effect, but have to be considered favorites. Arsenal at the moment looking more like a side that belong in the same category as the likes of Spurs and Liverpool more than genuine title challengers, although a couple of good signings could change that.

Are you trying to get a rise out of Beasty early doors! :laugh:

Same level as Liverpool indeed!

Are you trying to get a rise out of Beasty early doors! :laugh:

Same level as Liverpool indeed!

I do enjoy that sometimes, haha! As he seems to do in regards to myself in fairness. But I just don't see Arsenal challenging as it stands, it will be a case of same old, same old under Wenger. If they sign someone like Higuain or Benzema and there players stop getting injured when the winds blowing then that could change.

They are going to lose Lukaku and Stones. Barkley at the moment for all of his potential is massively over-hyped, and the fact that he didn't kick a ball for England in the Euro's say's everything about his progress as a footballer, or lack of it. He flatters to deceive more than any other footballer I know.

Koeman has enough football nous and contacts to replace Lukaku and Stones if they should go.

Barklay for me played well for Everton last season when I saw him, I was surprised Hodgson didn't give him a try as someone who can score from long range and has the killer pass and 1-2's around the box in him.

Koeman has enough football nous and contacts to replace Lukaku and Stones if they should go.

Barklay for me played well for Everton last season when I saw him, I was surprised Hodgson didn't give him a try as someone who can score from long range and has the killer pass and 1-2's around the box in him.

He had his best season overall but was pants for the last few months of the season. He has a lot of ability but seems to have and struggle with confidence issues. Perhaps Koeman will get more out of him consistently.

Haha Beechy you little tinker you..top 4 will be Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man utd. Peps coming into a decent squad anyway, but defo needs a couple of defs. Chelsea will run City close imho and with Conte as manager theyll prob have the best defence in the league, and i expect Hazard to come back all guns blazing. Unless Arsenal sign a world class forward, then thell come short again unfortunatley. And we all know what Maureen can achieve, and hes made a couple of good signings, though i dont know much about Bailey, and if they do get Pogba then theyll be close behind man city and Chelsea..West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool complete top 7. Also i see not many think Leicester will challenge even though they look to keep most of main players..

Haha Beechy you little tinker you..top 4 will be Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man utd. Peps coming into a decent squad anyway, but defo needs a couple of defs. Chelsea will run City close imho and with Conte as manager theyll prob have the best defence in the league, and i expect Hazard to come back all guns blazing. Unless Arsenal sign a world class forward, then thell come short again unfortunatley. And we all know what Maureen can achieve, and hes made a couple of good signings, though i dont know much about Bailey, and if they do get Pogba then theyll be close behind man city and Chelsea..West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool complete top 7. Also i see not many think Leicester will challenge even though they look to keep most of main players..

Surely United can't be stupid enough to spend 100 million or so on Pogba simply on the principle that they didn't do enough to hang on to him just a few years ago?! Crazy.

As well as Leicester obviously did last season part of there success was down to had poor the likes of United and Chelsea were, and both of these teams will no doubt be much, much stronger this time around with Mourinho and Conte in charge. The could still have a very good season but I don't see them challenging for the title this time around.

Benteke to Palace for £30m?

Hope so! To be fair he might go there and do really well. He just isn't suited to the way Klopp likes to play and his forwards strengths, such as having movement and pace. His actual goals to minutes for Liverpool is by no means poor.

Do you think leicester will challenge again? i'm unsure myself, if you want me to be honest, i think theyll finish around eighth or nineth, i think the pressure of challenging again will get to them.

Do you think leicester will challenge again? i'm unsure myself, if you want me to be honest, i think theyll finish around eighth or nineth, i think the pressure of challenging again will get to them.

I think Leicester will almost certainly challenge again. You don't fluke a title or a whole season.

I think Leicester will almost certainly challenge again. You don't fluke a title or a whole season.
Slightly different target this year, avoid relegation, have a run in the Champions` League, re-assess at Xmas. Retaining the title has not been done for a good while, so emphasis on teamwork and see what happens. No pressure when you are not expected to win anything, just pizzas for clean sheets.

I will be surprised if Chelsea finish top 4, I think they are where United were a few seasons ago and need to rebuild a very average squad. For me the title will end up in Manchester, which side I don't know, Arsenal will be top 4 with Tottenham and Liverpool fighting it out for the other top 4 spot but I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton surprised a few people by sneaking in.

Meanwhile,Southampton striker Graziano Pelle

leaves the PL for China to become the fifth highest paid player in the world.

Archived