onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Formidables a bit ott. That midfield wont win games its too lightweight.

Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Mashcherano was formidable.

I meant formidable going forward. Mane and Wijnaldum will score goals. I don't see why they won't score 30 goals between them at least next season. Coutinho and Firmino are class on their day, while there's no doubting Sturridge's ability when fit. The likes of Origi, Lallana and Ings are excellent back up. I do agree that the current Liverpool squad are missing a strong ball-winner in the middle of the park at this moment in time, but there isn't a lot around that aren't already at a top club.

Advert

Ridiculous that United are willing to pay such a figure considering they allowed the same player to go on a free transfer only a few years ago. Pogba has obvious ability but I think United would do much better to sign Toni Kroos, and he also wouldn't cost as much. In fact they could probably get both Kroos and Rodriguez for a similar amount of money.

It's going to be one of the most interesting and competitive seasons we've seen, for lots of reasons.

I still feel that the Manchester teams are the ones to beat but I thought City were a shoe in last year, so what do I know?

Aguero is pure class, a magician. If they can keep him fit....

I see Mourinho has seen sense and told Bastian Schweinsteiger he is no longer required at Old Trafford.The German was never going to be fit enough to play in the PL on a regular basis and is now looking for another club.Trouble is,he's still got another two years left on his £160,000-a-week contract,so he will be difficult to shift.

I see Mourinho has seen sense and told Bastian Schweinsteiger he is no longer required at Old Trafford.The German was never going to be fit enough to play in the PL on a regular basis and is now looking for another club.Trouble is,he's still got another two years left on his £160,000-a-week contract,so he will be difficult to shift.

The special one is just worried that Old Trafford is fast becoming the retirement home for ageing footballers to play a few games and pick up a nice wad.

With respect you wax lyrical about Liverpool's attaching prowess and talk up their new signings season after season and whilst I admire your optimism that forward line looks a top 6 one rather than one capable of challenging. I still think Klopp's high tempo game is flawed over a long hard Premier League season myself....

If Sturridge is fit he's as good as any forward in the league, Augero apart. Mane and Firmino on their day are match-winners. Wijnaldum I'm on the fence about, but he will score goals, and goals ultimately win you games. For me Liverpool potentially look as good going forward as any other side in the Premiership.

Also, where have I once been waxing lyrical over the signings? Mane is an excellent signing but the rest I would call sensible, solid signings, nothing more. Mane and Matip are improvements over Lallana and Skrtel/Toure, and the other signings strengthen the squad if nothing else.

Anyway, what do you make of Joe Allen? He played really well for us when he was given an opportunity under Klopp and had a good Euro's, and Klopp rated him, so I was surprised a bit he was shown the door.

Wouldn't have thought Allen was a priority for Stoke.

They need a couple of things to ensure they have another good season - keeping Shawcross fit and a really good 15-20 goal striker.

I can understand why they seem keen on the WBA lad as he would be the final piece in the jigsaw.

Archived