onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Be interesting to see how far up the pitch he plays him. Will probably end up in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Whelan away from home and Imbula at home or something similar. Very tidy player I like him.....

One thing he doesn't do is score anything like enough goals. It's not a massive issue but considering he gets himself in lots of fantastic positions he should be scoring at least 5 or 6 a season but doesn't. He'll be a very good player for you though, no doubt. Think he's still only 25/26 too, so the best is yet to come still.

Advert

Man Utd have a number of very talented forwards - easily better than most teams.

Rooney, Zlatan, Mata, Martial, Rashofrd, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, etc.

Mata isn't rated by Mourinho and will be a bit part player at best. Lingard is decent but no more and Ibrahimovic, although massively gifted obviously, it remains to be seen if he's got the fight in him needed to succeed in the EPL. He could either be brilliant, which he probably will be, or another Falcao.

Fair comment, I agree, but if Rashford and Martial click alongside the two ageing superstars then they'll take a bit of stopping. Those two are very fast.

I just hope that Rashford doesn't get overlooked by Jose in favour of his big money signings. Early days I know but the lad seems very talented and potentially a really good player. Got his feet on the ground too (which is nice while it lasts!)

Fair comment, I agree, but if Rashford and Martial click alongside the two ageing superstars then they'll take a bit of stopping. Those two are very fast.

I just hope that Rashford doesn't get overlooked by Jose in favour of his big money signings. Early days I know but the lad seems very talented and potentially a really good player. Got his feet on the ground too (which is nice while it lasts!)

For me Rashford is better than Martial. He's a much more rounded player. United are pants at the back though and signing Eric Bailly alone won't change that.

For me Rashford is better than Martial. He's a much more rounded player. United are pants at the back though and signing Eric Bailly alone won't change that.

Mourning is chasing another central defender as it looks like Stones is going to Citeh.Rumour as it that it's the Portuguese centre-back Jose Fonte?

Mourning is chasing another central defender as it looks like Stones is going to Citeh.Rumour as it that it's the Portuguese centre-back Jose Fonte?

A somewhat under-rated defender. He's be a good signing for the right money.

Pants at the back?The only team that conceded less last season was Spurs,with Utd letting in just eight PL goals at home?

Pants at the back?The only team that conceded less last season was Spurs,with Utd letting in just eight PL goals at home?

Much more to do with how defensive the were under Van Gaal than anything else. The fact that Chris Smalling is there best defender by a distance say's everything, when you consider past United teams had the likes of Stam, Ferdinand and Vidic.

I think Divock Origi will surprise a few people this season. He won't start every game but he'll score 15 goals at least. He's looked incredibly sharp in pre-season, carrying on his form from the back end of last season before he got injured.

Bit of an odd comment, Rashford has only played about 9 games, Martial is far better.

He played 18 games in total. He has a better goals to games ratio than Martial and almost as many assists despite playing in far fewer games. He's a much more complete forward.

Much more to do with how defensive the were under Van Gaal than anything else. The fact that Chris Smalling is there best defender by a distance say's everything, when you consider past United teams had the likes of Stam, Ferdinand and Vidic.

There are few and far between decent defenders in the EPL, it's error strewn which adds to the excitement I guess.

Archived