onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

UK Independence Day - 23 June, 2016?

Aussie Rules

Advert

HAHAHA another one here ladies and gents, well yes the date is important, because its from back in May and I will educate you because you look very stupid.

Thank you for those kind words.

Farage did say that in May and Remain was feeling very arrogant and was possibly in the lead at that time and Cameron even posted this as a response as he thought he was going to win, yes that image you missed out when quoting me, I will post it again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClzTr2xWQAAoAM5.jpg:large

So kind, but I had actually read it the first time. I was simply pointing out to you that you had called me weird for posting a link from May yet you did exactly the same thing. The fact that you have done it again - does that make you more weird?

The wording of the petition is as follows:

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

And I take it you are aware by now that this petition was actually started by a Leave voter who thought is side was going to lose:

http://news.sky.com/story/1717815/second-referendum-petition-was-set-up-by-outer

All folk have done is sign a petition set up by a member of the Leave campaign who clearly thinks that the result of the referendum is not conclusive. You can hardly blame the Remain campaign for signing it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/william-oliver-healey-referendum-petition_uk_576f8b28e4b0232d331e1b39

Perhaps this confirms that it is not actually me who is completely stupid as you claim? It was the Leavers who started the petition. Your lot. It's not the fault of the Remain voters that they wholeheartedly agree with his sentiments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements

You can see here the time trade deals took for a union of 28 countries took to do with 1 other country, some took 1 to 5 years, if we can do trade deals within 2 years which is the time article 50 gives us once activated then we are just completely sleeping on the job and need to increase our efforts dont you think? Btw the way we dont even need trade deals to trade, the EU does NOT have a trade deal with america after 40 years! yet the world still spins! So point invalid.

So a single trade deal between the EU and one other country took 1 to 5 years? And this is with this huge army of overpaid bureaucrats in Brussels on the job? We will have to either use World Trade Organisation rules to trade with other countries - which will involve tariffs - or we will have to negotiate individual deals. The number of those in our Civil Service with experience of negotiating international trade deals means that it will be impossible to work on more that three or four at a time. So to negotiate all of the separate deals with the huge number of countries will take years. If you don't believe me, listen to this guy who is the Professor of EU Constitutional Law at the University of Liverpool. It's a bit long mind.

How long am i willing to wait? Hmmm... how about at least 43 years, the same amount of time the EU was given to car crash into what it was now.

I was listening to Theresa Villiers, the Irish Secretary, on Radio 5 this morning. She is a Leave voter and was telling us all how wonderfully strong the British economy is and how we have made wonderful progress in recent years. That would imply surely, that being in the EU has been anything but a car crash as far as our economy is concerned.

If you want to reply, I would appreciate it if you could stick to the debate and avoid the silly personal remarks. They are unnecessary and simply serve to undermine your argument.

All unknown territory, the golden rule in the UK is that parliament is sovereign, thus referenda are rarely used and only when the outcome is sure. To not expect to win and be without a plan is where we are.

All unknown territory, the golden rule in the UK is that parliament is sovereign, thus referenda are rarely used and only when the outcome is sure. To not expect to win and be without a plan is where we are.

It is a right bugger's muddle indeed. But to turn the argument on its head, if Johnson and Co were fighting for the sovreignty of the British Parliament, it will be fascinating to see how he talks his way out of Parliament opposing Brexit when the referendum was advisory, not mandatory.

Archived