onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

UK Independence Day - 23 June, 2016?

Aussie Rules

If you can explain to me how there were two twins, one was born in March, the other was born in September.

Yes, same family, same mother and father and they were twins to each other.

Back in the day that would have been considered a lateral thinking question... basically the same as one twin playing for scotland the other for england when both parents are irish

Advert

The thought of Boris as PM in the UK and Trump President of the USA is a frightening prospect, over here it's considered Brexit will strengthen Trump's campaign as both are considered a protest vote against the political establishment.

On the point of immigration one of the conditions of Norway's trade agreement with the EU is that EU citizens have free access to live and work in Norway, so much for lowering EU migration to the UK. Also US trade negotiators are indicating the UK will have to negotiate its own trade agreements and compete in line with China, India and Brazil, how the world has changed and a harsh reality for the UK that essentially gave birth to the modern USA.

The demographic that stands to lose the most is the younger generations the majority of whom voted to remain, they will live with the consequences of this vote for some time whereas most of the older generation will relatively soon be gone.

The effect on financial markets was predicted but voters chose to ignore it, today Moody's have lowered the UK's long-term issuer and debt ratings to "negative" from "stable" saying that "The negative effect from lower economic growth will outweigh the fiscal savings from the UK no longer having to contribute to the EU budget."

It's no wonder people are calling for a 2nd referendum and realizing just what has happened.

Our parents lived with and worked through the consequences of WWI and WWII plus the Great Depression.

My generation lived with and worked through the consequences of WWII plus sundry other wars, so-call police actions, and financial upheaval.

Subsequent generations will need to live with and work through the consequences of a world still in turmoil.

Sadly, it is what it is and it has been like that since Adam and Eve left Eden Gardens.

I think the problem is that if you use fear to gain support for something, which both sides did, and you lose your supporters are only left with the fear.

The media will then use that fear to sell its product or generate interest and perpetuate its sales.

The big danger I fear isnt lack of trade deals or unstable pound [its not been stable for years] its the divide created by the narrowness of the victory/loss and the mistrust it has created in the party political establishments and their willingness to cast off the party cloak when it was drawn so tightly to gain support.

I dont think cameron should step down because he lost [for other reasons maybe]. It shouldnt be about party politics, its about what the people decided, not just conservatives, and he should accept that responsibility and get on with it.. If he does go then corbin has to go too for the sake of his party, if he stays he could cause more damage simply by staying than all his other faults and failings combined.

Just my opinion of course.... but I fear the political infighting and bickering will do more damage to the country than leaving the EU... its time for the rubbish to stop and the politics to present some sort of united front to carry out the will of the people.

No disrespect Jacko 51 as you are obviously on EU IN supporter. If the EU was a pure Common Market which we were both old enough to vote for in 1975 I would vote IN. However the irrelevance of the EU parliament and the subsequent power of the (unelected and impossible to remove) Commissioners to make OUR laws in my opinion is undemocratic I voted OUT for that reason.

Which surprises me to see Scotland vote 'In' because I'm sure I read Brussels cancelled out one of their pieces of home legislation :unsure:

Our parents lived with and worked through the consequences of WWI and WWII plus the Great Depression.

My generation lived with and worked through the consequences of WWII plus sundry other wars, so-call police actions, and financial upheaval.

Subsequent generations will need to live with and work through the consequences of a world still in turmoil.

Sadly, it is what it is and it has been like that since Adam and Eve left Eden Gardens.

Members of my and my wife's family fought and died in in WWII and we all owe more than we could ever imagine to that and previous generations. We should never, ever forget but WWII is history, Brexit is now. Brexit should never have happened, a referendum should never have happened, Cameron made a huge mistake in calling a referendum. The UK is in a mess right now but hopefully it can all be sorted as quickly as possible, the financial markets stabilized and the UK back to economic growth and prosperity, easier said than done I suspect.

Prospectus? Manifesto?

We were voting to either leave or remain in Europe, not on whether we should invest in the nhs?

You miss the point, one of the main campaign slogans was that voting out would enable £350M extra a day to be spent on the NHS, surely a key point for some people. As the NHS is a service and covered by international deals its future is no longer protected by the EU but will now be at the mercy of the US instead, so it was part of the vote.

Archived