onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Budget 2016/17

I see that smurf says Andoh will be offered a new contract but being honest i cant see him signing which is a shame,i just hope any money we get for him can be added to the budget

I think he will sign as long as it is a reasonable offer, as other clubs will not take the chance that a player who has been injured for many, many months will be able to recreate the same form in a short time.

The player also has a moral duty to sign after being 'nursed' through his injury, for a year or so at least- another year at Vale would suit all, the player can regain fitness and form, Vale can sell at a profit if he does really well, or best of all after 6 months of that year a second new contract could be shaped and agreed.

Advert

You never quite now what Smurf will do though, he said a lot of this last year then signed the likes of Inniss, AJLS, Uche, Alnwick, JJ after saying we'd spent up on the budget after all the pre season talk of us having budgets cut. (Then added Kennedy and Theo later in the season)

We need to trim the squad so that would save some money, maybe 18 first team players plus a couple of loanees and we could save a decent amount whilst being very competitive. On the back of programmes our squad list always seems to dwarf everyone else's!

Its going to be interesting to see how the budget cuts affect Pages squad. Next season could be a big test for him if it is cut drastically. Obviously he's got to try and keep a core of the current squad and/or persuade the experienced players to stay on reduced terms. Will he bring through the likes of Nathan Smith or the young pros signed last year? Will any of the current u18's get a chance (if they sign any of them).

Its going to be interesting to see how the budget cuts affect Pages squad. Next season could be a big test for him if it is cut drastically. Obviously he's got to try and keep a core of the current squad and/or persuade the experienced players to stay on reduced terms. Will he bring through the likes of Nathan Smith or the young pros signed last year? Will any of the current u18's get a chance (if they sign any of them).

I'd like to see money saved by pushing Nathan Smith up and as much as I think he's a great player, not resigning Innis as he is just not value fr money.

I would like to see Nathan Smith go out on loan to League two club for 6 months next season to show us he is capable of playing in the football league. Then he can work his way up when he comes back to Vale. I would also take a gamble on Dominic Samuel next season as well. Really hope we can keep AJ at the club.

Its such a long road from players being singed from the u18's to eventually making it in the first team. In a way its a pity we don't have an u21 side anymore (I know that money is the issue there).

If we look at the younger lads given pro contracts over the last 4 or 5 years, Smith, Lloyd, Boote and Johnson are still on the road from u18 to (hopefully) the first team. These lads just need a bit of time to develop.

I'm not sure whats happening with those 5 lads they signed last year, Bergin, Steel, Haughton, Kapend and Reeves.

In general it seems that its around a 4 year window from them getting signed on their first pro contract to being considered for the first team.

I guess in along winded way I'm saying that when it comes to the upcoming budget restraints then we can't rely too much on a lot of younger players coming in from the ranks.

I would like to see Nathan Smith go out on loan to League two club for 6 months next season to show us he is capable of playing in the football league. Then he can work his way up when he comes back to Vale. I would also take a gamble on Dominic Samuel next season as well. Really hope we can keep AJ at the club.

Id be very surprised if Nathan is not in the match day squad, even if not starting Page prefers a versatile defender on the bench and he fits that bill [ replacing Yates in squad ]

Id be very surprised if Nathan is not in the match day squad, even if not starting Page prefers a versatile defender on the bench and he fits that bill [ replacing Yates in squad ]

I'm fully expecting Smith to replace Yates in the squad, if not pushed further!

If Doncaster Rovers go down and Andy Williams leaves then maybe we should go for him. He knows this league well and we were linked with him last summer.

Him along with,AJ(if he signs),Hooper and Dodds would do for me

Teams will start to release players soon as well

Is Smith playing centre half for Torquay?

Any word yet on the other lads, signed on a first year pro last year and any others coming through from the u18s? There must be some promising in that bunch.

Not sure about his position. I know a lad in the under 18s though. Mike Conlon. I used to go school with him. He was 2 years below me.

Archived