onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe relegated next Saturday?

ollyandpatch

Advert

Simply put;

If Vale beat Crewe…

Crewe will be relegated if Fleetwood and Blackpool both gain positive results (win or draw).

A Crewe defeat with a Blackpool win or draw would relegate Crewe regardless of Fleetwood's result. Fleetwood and Oldham still have to play each other, the points have to go somewhere, so in that game it's guaranteed that either Oldham will take all 3 points or Fleetwood will take at least one

They will also be relegated if Oldham win, and one of Blackpool or Fleetwood gain a positive result.

Similarly, if Oldham win and Crewe lose, Crewe are down. Blackpool or Fleetwood can't both lose when they play each other in a fortnight

If they don't win today Crewe are down. End of.

They are not going to turn around a goal difference of over -20.

In fact even if they do win today they are still down. Anyone who thinks they can escape from the dire predicament they're in needs sectioning.

It's beginning to look as if teams will need about 52 points to stay up and they have got 30.

I think that one of the most awful times as a Vale fan for me was when Grimsby came to Vale park and beat us to send us down. All their fans, when they used to sit in the Railway Stand behind us were singing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'. It scarred me for life or as long as memory allows.

In order to exercise the ghost should we send them down tomorrow I'll be doing my best to get a chorus of the same song going. If you hear me either throw something at me or join in eh:D

That sounds good to me - great idea. One or two other ideas - obviuosly "Going down, Going down" etc, "Thats why your going down", "There's only one Steve Davis" "we'll never play you again". I'm beginning to look forward to this!! Only problem is we need the team to perform now!!

Archived