onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season over - work with what we have got?

Emile

Bring back Nathan Smith, give Loylld a run of games, campion? Does he deserve 5 games in a row up top?

This time could be used to get a real feeling on the youngsters in the squad and whether they should be kept. Let the loanees go back and save the wages.

Advert

Loanees haven't really worked for us. Inniss is too injury prone, Kennedy doesn't look much of a player.

Theo Robinson will do well get another contract at any club, never mind vale.

The positive for me for next season is the players we have under contract are our better players....

Grant, Alnwick, Foley, Purkiss. Sign up O'connor, AJ, Duffy, Dodds.

I'd suggest releasing the rest.

We have had a big squad this season but 10 or so of them haven't contributed many games at all, so a core squad of 18-20 could work ok for us

I wouldn't be fussed if any of our out of contract players went. We seriously need a striker and EVERYBODY can see that! Why the hell isn't Streete playing? He's big, strong and has two rare qualities as a Vale defender; he is fast and is good on the ball.

We don't need Birch and Yates anymore. They are on about 600 a week so that's 1200 we would save there. Mcgivern is on 1200 alone so that's 2400. Add to this Campion. That's enough for a decent league 1 striker.

Pie in the sky! Of course it would, but it ain't gonna happen!

Who knows? [apparently] Smurf says he has a buyer willing to pay over the odds and donated 50K for a 6 week striker.... if it did happen would you keep the manager who sent the money back to keep "the boys" happy?

Who knows? [apparently] Smurf says he has a buyer willing to pay over the odds and donated 50K for a 6 week striker.... if it did happen would you keep the manager who sent the money back to keep "the boys" happy?

I read that post on the other thread as Norman Smurthwaite rather than Rob Page who rejected the offer. There's no mention of "Rob Page" in the original post but the poster talks about speaking to Norman and then says "he turned the offer down" (as in Smurthwaite).

Youngsters need games to get experience, so we should start with Streete, Kelly and Hooper.

I agree. If he sticks with McGivern and then McGivern gets released in the summer that would make no logical sense so surely it makes sense to give Streete a run of games and hopefully everyone will allow for the odd mistake (perhaps there won't even be any) due to his lack of experience.

I've been mulling this over in my head and there's perhaps another thing that the club could do on this front.

I've seen other clubs release their released lists early. The logic is that it helps the players being released because it alerts other clubs that they may be available.

If Vale are to start planning for the next season, would there be any harm in doing the same?

1. It helps the players who are being released

2. It would justify any decision to drop released players in favour of youngsters for the remainder of the season

3. It may even increase optimism amongst the fans/season ticket sales if they see that some of the "deadwood" (as some may see it) is definitely going at the end of the season

4. If long-serving players like Yates/Birchall are to go then it gives them the chance to have a bit of a send-off (i.e. you could bring 'em on for the last five mins of the final home game to get a final ovation etc)

This should now be a six game mini season three home three away bring in Streete for Inness, Yates for Dickinson, McGivern for duffy,dickinson and duffy need to look at there reactions if the reff does not give what they want. In midfield bring in Brown, Birchall, Kelly, Folly, Forwards any two from Campion, Dodds, Hooper, Robinson, Leitch-smith, Subs, Dickinson, Duffy, O'conner, Grant, forwards, any two of the three not used to start. I now this will get shot down but it has to start some where or as Page keeps putting it don't up set the dressing room we go as we are and lose more paying customers.

This should now be a six game mini season three home three away bring in Streete for Inness, Yates for Dickinson, McGivern for duffy,dickinson and duffy need to look at there reactions if the reff does not give what they want. In midfield bring in Brown, Birchall, Kelly, Folly, Forwards any two from Campion, Dodds, Hooper, Robinson, Leitch-smith, Subs, Dickinson, Duffy, O'conner, Grant, forwards, any two of the three not used to start. I now this will get shot down but it has to start some where or as Page keeps putting it don't up set the dressing room we go as we are and lose more paying customers.

Why play Yates at all when I'm sure that he'll be one of the 1st to be released at the end of the season. For all Dickinsons petulance he put in 3 excellent shot/goal saving tackles. His yellow card was absolutely ridiculous when compared to the half dozen cynical fouls committed by Barnsley when we were breaking away or against the last man.

I read that post on the other thread as Norman Smurthwaite rather than Rob Page who rejected the offer. There's no mention of "Rob Page" in the original post but the poster talks about speaking to Norman and then says "he turned the offer down" (as in Smurthwaite).

I wasnt refering to the original post Rob..... I think I read another post where it said the money had been returned.... could be wrong of course

Archived