onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury 1 Port Vale 1 , post match comments.

Fosse69

Advert

Season over thanks to the butter on Alnwicks gloves yet again, Page let's our best keeper leave the club just shows we really don't want the playoffs embarrassing again.

Might be a mistake but the keeper is the last line of defence. The 10 players in front are at fault 1. Not scoring more than the opposition 2. Not protecting the keeper and defending better as a team.

I thought he was cracking today' date=' I'd give him MOTM but they probably are right, he's far worse than my mrs! [emoji23']

Yes, Brown defied his age today and he impresses me with his timing when tackling.I'd start with him again on Monday as he's a leader .Sadly we are so punchless up front:(

Yes, Brown defied his age today and he impresses me with his timing when tackling.I'd start with him again on Monday as he's a leader .Sadly we are so punchless up front:(

Couldn't agree more. Thought Hooper did ok today and did hold the ball up well, created the goal and a couple of other good chances but at times he was ridiculously isolated and that is something the manager has to address.

Looking back this was definitely two points dropped, a win would have seen us a point behind Barnsley who would have been visiting us on Monday. Yes Shrewsbury have gone 9 unbeaten but they were there for the taking today, I thought they were one of the worst teams I have seen down Vale this season and one of the worst teams I have seen away.

Having seen the goals again, Alnwick should it wasn't the biggest mistake you will ever see but it still cost us and one he should really have saved, 5 minutes later they should have scored again when he was in no man's land and their striker should have chipped him. For me Neal made one slight error at Peterborough and is told he wouldn't be first choice.

All season when we have won games, returning players have not been able get back in the team, the likes of Innis, O'****or, Dodds because they won the week before, Page comes out with I can't change a winning team. We have our best run of the season 10 points from 4 games and Neal gets told he won't be first choice, no consistency there from the manager.

I still maintain the subbing of Foley was a strange decision, alongside Brown he was excellent in midfield.

Is anyone else as frustrated and exasperated as me that YET AGAIN the Manager dragged Sam Foley off? Sam appears to be the whipping boy now and has been substituted even when playing well and most certainly when there was obvious other candidates to be taken off! He gives us life in midfield and at least makes runs through the middle of opponents. I am seriously not on the same page(no pun intended) as RP as far as Sam is concerned. for me this season I have felt him to be one of our most consistent performers when chosen in centre midfield.

One other point I will raise, again, and maybe rankle some Valiants, is that Dicko is imo a very weak link in our defence. Game after game , although as we all know he shows heart, he is found seriously lacking against any attacker who runs at him. I felt yesterday he failed to close down their player who went on to score. Loads on here blame Jak for that goal but I felt Dicko could have and should have kept him at bay before the shot at goal. Dicko shows commitment but for me he is not a full back who can tackle or even pass to a player in the same coloured shirt. Sorry folks but for me I want to see another left back next season.

Is anyone else as frustrated and exasperated as me that YET AGAIN the Manager dragged Sam Foley off? Sam appears to be the whipping boy now and has been substituted even when playing well and most certainly when there was obvious other candidates to be taken off! He gives us life in midfield and at least makes runs through the middle of opponents. I am seriously not on the same page(no pun intended) as RP as far as Sam is concerned. for me this season I have felt him to be one of our most consistent performers when chosen in centre midfield.

One other point I will raise, again, and maybe rankle some Valiants, is that Dicko is imo a very weak link in our defence. Game after game , although as we all know he shows heart, he is found seriously lacking against any attacker who runs at him. I felt yesterday he failed to close down their player who went on to score. Loads on here blame Jak for that goal but I felt Dicko could have and should have kept him at bay before the shot at goal. Dicko shows commitment but for me he is not a full back who can tackle or even pass to a player in the same coloured shirt. Sorry folks but for me I want to see another left back next season.

Agree about the taking off of Foley, he again for me yesterday was our best player alongside Brown and when he went off I couldn't see us scoring, don't know why he keeps taking him off, I know Brown had a good game but when you need the win whose more likely to grab you a goal.

For me Dicko has to go in the summer, you can never fault his effort, he will always give 100% but that is not enough, so many times he keeps giving the ball away and inviting pressure on us. I don't know what wage he is on but I would think having joined from Watford he will be on a decent wage and think there is as good out there for cheaper.

Archived