onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury 1 Port Vale 1 , post match comments.

Fosse69

Advert

Yet again another game where we missed a proven goal scorer.If we had have got a proven goal scorer in then I feel that we could have got at least another three points to our total.But Page reckons we don't need a striker for some reason,a reason that only he will understand.

Any criticism of the 'keeper today is unfair. The reason why we are where we are is pure and simple - we don't score enough goals.

Absolutely agree, even though we probably shaded the first half we looked toothless and our only real threat came from O'Connor. The support for Hooper just wasn't really there. Even our goal struggled over the line.

On a side note who was it that saved us with that crazy goalmouth clearance after we scored, we were all split between Brown, Dickinson and Duffy (who I think it possibly was) as that was as good as a goal?

Spot on my friend, although I did wonder if we should have had a penalty when their lad shoved Duffy.

It is VERY frustrating that we didn't bring in a really good striker in January (not just yesterday) but it looks like NS has given up the ghost. A shame as opportunities like these don't come round very often.

Where does Brown get his energy from or do we wind him up before 3.00 and just let him go?

Any criticism of the 'keeper today is unfair. The reason why we are where we are is pure and simple - we don't score enough goals.

I thought the ref was debating with the liner as to whether to award a pen or not, I didn't think it was unless inside the goal counts as the field of play, I don't know. But if we had a proven goal scorer we would have won and probably should have been 4-0 up at ht.

Not 100% sure Boot ready but Alnwick had a nightmare run and our best keeper is not wanted, how many more points would u be happy let Alnwick cost us?

Alnwick has not had a 'nightmare run' - he made a mistake today, and you seem determined to crucify him for it. If it wasn't for him we might have had between 5 and 10 points less earlier in the season when CN was injured and if we had brought in a mediocre keeper.

There always has to be a scapegoat with some of our fans, it is part of football that players will make mistakes and if they are only very occasional then move on and learn to live with it.

if avoiding relegation is a successful season then I'm best out of it.

Not bad considering the amount of non league players Rob 'retained list' Page signed up.

Having a go at Alnwick is laughable, he's had a great season and all keepers will make mistakes at times. Including Chris Neal.

I thought the ref was debating with the liner as to whether to award a pen or not, I didn't think it was unless inside the goal counts as the field of play, I don't know. But if we had a proven goal scorer we would have won and probably should have been 4-0 up at ht.

Inside the goal is on the field of play but I think the ref took the line of least resistance at the end and decided to give a foul against Duffy instead. Dodgy decision.

Season over thanks to the butter on Alnwicks gloves yet again, Page let's our best keeper leave the club just shows we really don't want the playoffs embarrassing again.

You weren't there again were you? I seem to recall that when we signed Alnwick you were really excited and said what a great signing he was. I do wish you'd make your mind up Michael. You seem to be very confused at times.

Inside the goal is on the field of play but I think the ref took the line of least resistance at the end and decided to give a foul against Duffy instead. Dodgy decision.

I'm sure he already blown his whistle for a foul by a Vale player somewhere. That said I thought Duffy was fouled and then the same player followed up by shoving him again, it was a bizarre incident.

Just seen it on the box. No foul by Duffy and should have been a penalty.

Just seen it on the box. No foul by Duffy and should have been a penalty.

When the ref was talking to the linesman I thought it was going to be a penalty or possibly another card red or yellow for another player.

Spot on my friend, although I did wonder if we should have had a penalty when their lad shoved Duffy.

It is VERY frustrating that we didn't bring in a really good striker in January (not just yesterday) but it looks like NS has given up the ghost. A shame as opportunities like these don't come round very often.

Where does Brown get his energy from or do we wind him up before 3.00 and just let him go?

How can the criticism be unfair when he cost us the match?

if that's the case, it should have been a penalty kick.

You weren't there again were you? I seem to recall that when we signed Alnwick you were really excited and said what a great signing he was. I do wish you'd make your mind up Michael. You seem to be very confused at times.

Excited, you sure? I'd never heard of him but seemed a decent enough pedigree but having earned a contract has been awful.

Archived