onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky to stand down

ValeMadrid87

Advert

As expected, the "£50,000 investment" was just a load of kak to get people to vote him on to the Board.

The fact is, the Board could have sponsored an NLV director to fill the vacancy if they had been genuine in their offer without involving Micky Adams at all.

As expected, the "£50,000 investment" was just a load of kak to get people to vote him on to the Board.

The fact is, the Board could have sponsored an NLV director to fill the vacancy if they had been genuine in their offer without involving Micky Adams at all.

And there is a very big difference in being persuaded to join the board ( which was the case) and offering to join the board.If Micky had used his own money (50k)ex- directors would not have been required.Micky then could have sold his shares back to whoever if he wanted to or even sponsored someone else.

Adams said they will not be going the loan route and will rely on the young players if needs must.

It is not really the case that the squad is stronger althought the division certainly is and Adams will have to work all his mid-table magic to achieve the heights of the last two seasons.

While Pope has replaced Justin Richards will Pope replace a 15 goals a season striker...the squad lacks goals.

Two second year professionals replaced by two first year professionals.

Kris Taylor a quality experienced player with two promotions replaced by a player from the depths of non-league with no league experience.

Tommy Fraser the captain and an experienced player replaced by a Hoddle Academy player with no league experience.

Last season Pope was on loan this season a Hoddle Academy player with no league experience.

The versatile and moblie Ritchie Sutton replaced by a centre back who failed a medical on a six month deal.

The squad has lost experienced players and has replaced them with inexperienced chancers in what is going to be a much tougher division

so it is perhaps wrong to say that the squad has been improved.........

the couple of certainties are that the established squad have bottled it the last two seasons and only inexperience has been added such that another mid-table finish in a much stronger league could be an achievement and anything less than mid-table would be a real concern given that Adams is not the manager for a relegation scrap...a good start is very important for football league safety.

If there's no-one in, Jean, you are wasting your time knocking.

What's that rubbish about only having 12 players?

And, although I too would like to see us progress on the park, at last, I don't think Adams should be giving lessons in loyalty and unity after what he did last year, but no doubt a 3 year contract on a huge salary affects your point of view.

Let's be in no doubt whatsoever that Mr Adams looks after Mr Adams first and foremost. End of. Port Vale are 4th in his list of priorities behind himself, his family and Sheff Utd FC. He is strengthening the team because he is judged on that at the end of the day and he doesn't want the sack again does he? Although on his wages he'd get a handsome pay off regardless.

Why he was 'persuaded' to go down this route I don't know but things could and should have been so different with some goodwill on behalf of our beleaguered, tarnished board members. But Adams' decision, at no cost to himself, has resulted in them limping on for another few months.

Is this just another cynical V2001 ploy to make it difficult for Oliver or Bratt to stand down if/when Sims joins the board, which one of them could do if Adams remained as a director?

Certainly looks like it.....Adams is a Director only to make the numbers up

and will be needed to make the numbers up when Bratt and Oliver do the decent thing and resign....this move seems calculated to make change more difficult....it's not like being a Director in name only actually takes up any time....when Bratt as Chairman can play hide and seek for two months it

can't be said that Adams is having to dual task.

As i posted a few months ago i think Mickey came under some unnecessary criticism from some supporters. I have seen him called scum on some posts on this forum before they even knew the full story or what Mickey's actual intentions were. Calling him scum is crossing the line in my opinion.

Also concerning Adams call for unity which just sounds like Boardroom propoganda as ever....there is unity...massive unity....90% want change

and the march will be a great coming together of Vale fans....so infact what Adams is saying is nonesense....it is just that it is a unity the Boardroom don't like and if Adams wants unity then ask Bratt and Oliver to resign.

The protest is against the Board and Adams as the manager has a duty and responsibility to explain that to the new inexperienced young players.....it is however disingenuous to say that it could be heard in the home dressing room and that could be a problem when it will also be heard in the away dressing room and our players are used to it after all...if it is a problem then the solution is for Bratt and Oliver to resign.Simples.

I think you will find his salary has more or less doubled since the last time he was here.

The permutations are endless with members of the Board. Should we be cynical? It would be nice to hear some honest and positive movements for a change but I guess it will be in '2 or 3 weeks' like the Harlequin money!

Also concerning Adams call for unity which just sounds like Boardroom propoganda as ever....there is unity...massive unity....90% want change

and the march will be a great coming together of Vale fans....so infact what Adams is saying is nonesense....it is just that it is a unity the Boardroom don't like and if Adams wants unity then ask Bratt and Oliver to resign.

The protest is against the Board and Adams as the manager has a duty and responsibility to explain that to the new inexperienced young players.....it is however disingenuous to say that it could be heard in the home dressing room and that could be a problem when it will also be heard in the away dressing room and our players are used to it after all...if it is a problem then the solution is for Bratt and Oliver to resign.Simples.

I disagree. If I was the manager I would want unity and no protest or march. I do believe it was said last year too before he came on the board. I believe they are micky's words not those of the board just like I believed that Micky was becoming a director for football reasons only.

As an employee (players) I would want a settled working environment not one of uncertainty and unrest. I'm sure the sound Crawley hear in the away dressing room will be music to their ears.

Archived