onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheffield U 1 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

You wouldn't though... Typical vale fan never happy about anything.

well if you're happy with the quality of football that is being served up good on yer but I'm not, pretty passing and indoor bowls may be to your liking but not mine,i'd prefer to watch a good old fashioned blood snot and guts game, style points mean nowt not in this game.

Advert

I've seen 9 and a half hours of away football this season and not even seen us score a goal so it's frustrating especially when the home form is so decent and its pretty much the same players, Sheff United were no better than the performance when we tore them apart at VP but it's a tough one to fathom, maybe now the play offs are dead for us we should use away games to experiment different approaches to see if we can build a base for next season.

As for Page, he's not found the formula but a few tweaks and we would do well. (Mainly up top) I'd try and keep as much of the defence and midfield next season that's regularly featuring, release the likes of Yates, Daniel, Birchall and trim the squad to satisfy the budget but focus on getting a decent target man to partner AJ, we have no height from set pieces to attack anything and the amount of crosses, corners today that Sheff Uniteds centre halves cleared with ease under no pressure was infuriating.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom. At home we have 1 loss in 16 league games which is superb (all be it too many draws) and on occasions the football has been superb and fair improved on the Adams style at this level. That said those performances have been a benchmark we've not hit enough, we've shown what we can do.

At the end of the season I'll feel a little bit like I did after the first season back in L1 in terms of what could of been, dire league this year, great home form so if we just had an average away form we'd be top six, a massive missed opportunity but one we can build on next season if Smurf and Page work a sensible but not mass cull type budget or if Smurf goes he new owners back Page to do it.

The concern about lack of goals in the team is not just this season but if it isn't addressed next and subsequent seasons, it will bite us in the butt eventually. Where would Vale be without AJLS's goal burst Nov - Jan.

The last few seasons Vale Richards and then Popey have done the business so at sometime Vale have to find the funds and pay to aquire another decent striker. As Phil Sproson alluded to, there must be a Premier League academy striker who's prefer a loan period at Vale rather than obscurity on the training pitch.

After yet another poor showing away from home, no threat whatsoever, makes me think if it is worthwhile carrying on going these away games in the hope that we might nick the odd 1.

I have been everyone this season and trying to think of a game away where we could say that we played well for the majority of the game, the wins we had at Fleetwood after a shocker of a first half, Barnsley under the cosh for most of the game, Blackpool a game to forget apart from the result and Donny about the only one we deserved to win.

The game today was like so many games I have seen this season, said at half time this has got 1 nil for Sheffield written all over it. We play football but it is all in the areas where teams are happy for us to play with the ball. When we finally get the ball out wide, why do we keep knocking high balls into the box when we have no one to win a header.

Billy Sharp was the difference.

He was for them.

The difference for us was Moore, Robinson, AJLS, Dudds, Hooper, Kelly etc who had a competition to see who could be the biggest toss bag in the game.

Our budget which is more than decent has been completely frittered on a massive squad with limited quality after the first 10 players.

The concern about lack of goals in the team is not just this season but if it isn't addressed next and subsequent seasons, it will bite us in the butt eventually. Where would Vale be without AJLS's goal burst Nov - Jan.

The last few seasons Vale Richards and then Popey have done the business so at sometime Vale have to find the funds and pay to aquire another decent striker. As Phil Sproson alluded to, there must be a Premier League academy striker who's prefer a loan period at Vale rather than obscurity on the training pitch.

We had one and Page isolated him after a stupid mistake.

Well after driving there and back in atrocious conditions here is my marks for the Vale players .

Neal 6

Purkiss 5 Duffy 6 Mcgivern 5 Dicko 5

Moore 5 Foley 6 Grant 6 Kennedy 7

AJLS 3 Robinson 3

The forwards didn't make anything happen and what did he say to them at half time cause first 10 of the second half Sheffield were excellent ,and great goal end of story not so good if u Mcgivern or Duffy whoever was at fault but sharp showed why he is a player .

AJLS what was that lad where we're u and Robinson the same .

Foley had a good effort Mcgivern blazed over and the effort was there .

Dicko shows no confidence with the ball ,Kennedy kept at it I enjoyed his efforts .

Got go work now

UTV

Toothless Vale

How you can give Moore a 5 after that performance surprises me, he did one of his Houdini tricks where he kept disappearing / hiding.

Never seen a more cowardly footballer when involved in a tough game.

Byron Moore is a joke of a footballer.

He is up there with some of the worst Vale players of all time.

The lad has no confidence. ****s himself in a 60/40 to him! Can't beat a man. Has less than 5 assists and goals a season. All in all, a waste of space.

If we have another 12 months of him next season we may as well pack in now if we want to score goals.

Attrocious footballer.

People moaning that mid table obscurity is a bad thing in our third season . Yes it's frustrating that our away form is crap. However we have just broken a 22 year old record for our home form and people still want page out .absolute stupidity.

I think we need to scout the opposition better for a start, we have played one up top and two up top away from home now and ended up with the same result , no shots.

Cracking goal from Sharp, as he was the difference between the 2 sides. Kennedy and Foley had good games yesterday, But Dicko and Moore were shocking. Dicko must of give the ball away every time, and Moore just isn't good enough imo. If we had come away there wih a draw, we would of been saying it was one of the best away performances of the season. Seasons over now, as got nothing play for, as were not going down, or were not going up.

Funny how the 'page our brigade' post within 30 minutes of the final whistle?

Do you log on straight away as you are walking back to your car after the final whistle? Or maybe you are still in the ground waiting for the crowds to die down?

Or maybe you sit behind a keyboard?

I know which one I think !

I, like a few posters on here didn't want Page as manager, but for me he's doing an excellent job in crazy circumstances working under Smurf. Yes, we probably should of turned 4 0r 5 draws into wins, but that's football, and its annoying, but we move on to the next game.

Apart from passing the ball about in neat little triangle,which achieved little Vale struggled to put more than 3 consecutive passes together to find another Vale player.When Vale had a corner to take during the second half Vale had just 1 player in the 6 yard box.He was surrounded by the keeper and 3 defenders.Vale really do need to try something different from their corners because this idea of just 1 player in the 6 yard box is a waste of time.When Sharpe scored his goal - surprise surprise in the middle of the area and no one marking him.

Byron Moore is a joke of a footballer.

He is up there with some of the worst Vale players of all time.

The lad has no confidence. ****s himself in a 60/40 to him! Can't beat a man. Has less than 5 assists and goals a season. All in all, a waste of space.

If we have another 12 months of him next season we may as well pack in now if we want to score goals.

Attrocious footballer.

We were 20 mins into the game when I said to a mate that I had only just realised Byron Moore was actually playing.

Archived