onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheffield U 1 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Were pretty decent in the first two thirds of the pitch but as soon as we get in that final third were useless. Poor crossing, poor touch, poor decision making, just poor!

As for Sheff Utd they are a disgraceful team for the attendances they get and the budget they have, to be honest Id be more annoyed if I was a Blade then I am being Vale. Just a shame we have nothing up top as we controlled the game throughout really. Usual annual trip ends in the same depressing way again. I really hate this fixture!

Advert

Were pretty decent in the first two thirds of the pitch but as soon as we get in that final third were useless. Poor crossing, poor touch, poor decision making, just poor!

As for Sheff Utd they are a disgraceful team for the attendances they get and the budget they have, to be honest Id be more annoyed if I was a Blade then I am being Vale. Just a shame we have nothing up top as we controlled the game throughout really. Usual annual trip ends in the same depressing way again. I really hate this fixture!

That's the most sensible post so far.

Our biggest problem by a mile is our lack of goalscoring power, we knew it before the first game in August and although Page has and is trying to rectify it he hasn't managed it yet. If - IF - we have new owners (or a change of heart from Smurf) who will finance the required improvements I don't think we're a million miles from a side who can challenge in this division. However, this season we are a mid table side and that's not bad considering how we finished last season coupled with the bookies predictions of our relegation come May.

Yes, there's lots of room for improvement on the pitch but let's keep it in perspective, too many posters on here just moan, moan, moan about everything in an unconstructive manner. Not being a pessimistic gloom and doom merchant does not mean you're a happy clapper either.

Personally I'm looking forward to next Friday night, hopefully a good performance and 3 points against Southend followed by a night out in the pubs of Burslem.

(....... let the slagging off of my post and me personally begin....)

Great call on P and G from Mark, summed today's efforts up well. But more pointing were his comments on Vales size of squad, we have around 10 players in the squad who for one reason or another will not feature, surely it's better to have smaller squad with more quality. Simples.

My own take is Page panicked and gave two many a contract, when he did not know what players would be coming in to the team. I would fully expects good rid out pre season, he has no excuse now, if he wants to stay then get more quality players, and still do it within budget restraints.

Archived