onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sugar - the new poison

JOHNNYAITCH

The "sugar isn't good for you " has been around for a few decades given the increasing prevalence of diabetes, particularly Type II diabetes with it's links to obesity. It's rare someone comes around to our house and asks for sugar in tea or coffee and when they do we usually can't find the sugar pot, I stopped having sugar in tea/coffee when I was a teenager.

I too am married to a health nut and the other ingredient we've cut down on is good old common table salt, there's never a salt pot on our table and rarely add it to anything we cook.

Advert

Sugar is a generic name for many types of carbohydrate molecules. The sugar you probably refer to is table sugar which is a molecule known as sucrose. In the body the table sugar (sucrose) is broken down into two simpler "sugars" called glucose and fructose, glucose is stored in the body as a polymer called glycogen.

I'm unsure what you mean when you post "Sugar has absolutely no nutrient value", but glucose from the sugar you eat (and from other carbohydrate containing foods) is a major source of energy in cells, eg. glucose is involved in most of the energy production in the brain enabling it to function, so a pretty important molecule. This is borne out for someone who has a low blood glucose level rendering them unable to think and being confused.

Without glucose (from sucrose) your cells wouldn't survive hence you would die, eat too much glucose and you would develop diabetes and eventually die if left untreated. So sugar (sucrose/glucose) is essential to life but too much of it is produces detrimental effects.

Vitamins have totally different chemical structures to sugars, only vitamin C is remotely "sugar like". A vitamin by definition is a molecule essential for a healthy life but which the body doesn't produce enough of so vitamins have to be obtained from external sources eg food and supplements.

Aspartamine is a chemical which produces a sweet taste and can be used instead of sugar, it has a totally different chemical structure to sugar/glucose/fructose. Aspartamine is a chemical compound and as such has been shown to be safe in low doses but increase the dose and it will produce deleterious effects.

The brain doesn't need to be flooded with dopamine, if this did happen it almost certainly would end in death. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter and its synthesis and release in the brain is tightly controlled, it's involved in sending signals from neurons to other nerve cells and also plays an important role in the periphery.

I apologize if I come over as a know it all but this is really very basic organic chemistry/biochemistry.

I agree with most of what you have written, but wouldn't touch anything that contains aspartame with a barge pole. I read the contents lable on every drink that I look to purchase.

The brain does need glucose and I recently read that in Alzheimers the brain is starved some what of glucose and that keytones could be a substitute. You may enlarge upon this. (I can't remember evrything that I read)

I read many articles on and about nutrition and so can not always remember just where I have read about a 'source' that you ask in many replies of yours.

You will certainly remeber your ten X ten table but may not remember the source from where you learned it.

School..and if I could not remember where, personally I'd look for a source that said the same thing even if it wan't the original source.

Just interested in knowing more...pardon me for taking an interest..my bad obviously

As it happens I did save a copy of the article about sugar and leave the address below for you to click onto and read at your leisure.

http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/downloads/TTAC%20_Eliminate_Sugar_Report.pdf

m

Ta

Totally agree that there are many aspects to this; education in schools is one. People taking more individual responsibility is another..for example I'm all for the safety net of the NHS but there has to be some way found of persuading people to take more responsibility for their health when it comes to diet..the NHS just can't cope

Spot on,drink and food abuse is not an illness and people should take more responsibility for what they eat and drink and not expect the NHS and taxpayers to bale them out when they become vastly oversize.

Ive had a problem with my weight, not because I eat a load of cack food but because I cant exercise, physically cant... so about 12 months ago I changed the way I eat, I dont have set meal times or set meals, I eat when Im hungry and I have reduced the portion size because I dont need what I used to... I have lost 26Kilos and feel better for it... My wife on the other hand is the total opposite... she weighs 45Kilo and eats 5+ times a day, not including snacks, and most Thai cooking involves adding sugar, its actually a condiment on the tables when you go out to eat along with other things like chilli and fish sauce etc.

Well done, because that must be very difficult to achieve. Keep it up.

I read many articles on and about nutrition and so can not always remember just where I have read about a 'source' that you ask in many replies of yours.

You will certainly remeber your ten X ten table but may not remember the source from where you learned it.

As it happens I did save a copy of the article about sugar and leave the address below for you to click onto and read at your leisure.

http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/downloads/TTAC%20_Eliminate_Sugar_Report.pdf

m

I'd recommend anyone reading this to take it with a very sceptical mind.

The person writing this has been shown to talk nonsense and lie. He would advocate cancer patients going against doctors advice while being totally unqualified to do so.

You have are one of the most clear examples of confirmation bias I have ever seen.

I'd recommend anyone reading this to take it with a very sceptical mind.

The person writing this has been shown to talk nonsense and lie. He would advocate cancer patients going against doctors advice while being totally unqualified to do so.

You have are one of the most clear examples of confirmation bias I have ever seen.

That is harsh and against open-minded debate. Having had a look at thetruthaboutcancer.com I noticed that hundreds of doctors, and thousands of other qualified experts had been involved in making it.

At the very least, it begs a number of interesting questions - like why many doctors and surgeons, and many oncologists refuse chemotherapy themselves or for their families ? Why do a huge number of doctors take large doses (5 grmas a day) of Vitamin D - and make their families take it too ? And so on,.... it doesn't mean you have to believe everything it says, but questioning is good.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/130201100149.htm

I'm a fatty, and its all my own fault, I accept that.

That said, I've lost two and a half stone since October (half a stone of which I've had to lose twice because, well, Christmas) and I've done it just by eating less and exercising more. I treat myself with three Jaffa Cakes every evening (for they are a food of the Gods) and have Greggs for my lunch on a Thursday. If I cut everything bad out of my diet completely, I'd give up on trying to eat well and go back to my old ways.

That is harsh and against open-minded debate. Having had a look at thetruthaboutcancer.com I noticed that hundreds of doctors, and thousands of other qualified experts had been involved in making it.

At the very least, it begs a number of interesting questions - like why many doctors and surgeons, and many oncologists refuse chemotherapy themselves or for their families ? Why do a huge number of doctors take large doses (5 grmas a day) of Vitamin D - and make their families take it too ? And so on,.... it doesn't mean you have to believe everything it says, but questioning is good.

Thank you david for taking the time to read thoroughly with an openmind TTAC.

I would just add that last year TY Bollinger and his team raised and contributed $150,000 for charities connected to healthy eating anti cancer organisations.

I stopped taking sugar with tea and coffee years ago. Three years ago I decided that it was time to give up smoking. Since then I've put 2 1/2 stones on. No mystery as to why. Gave up tobacco and started 'eating' sugar. A sweetie everytime I would have had a ciggy. Four or five biscuits with ever cuppa. I daren't even think how much chocolate.

I've not had a ciggy since I made the decision to stop and have recently been looking at my diet and just how much sugar I was having. Crikey! It was a lot.

Just one example. Because of some of the meds I take before bedtime, I can wake 4 or 5 times a night with a dreadful thirst. I've been taking a bottle of fizzy flavoured water to drink through the night. It was only recently that I found out that my fizzy flavoured water contained 6 times more sugar than a 'normal' bottle of lemonade. :ohmy: Just that information has prompted me to take a look at other foods and drinks. I was amazed at some of my findings and there are many things that I'd normally purchase missing from my shopping list.

I stopped taking sugar with tea and coffee years ago. Three years ago I decided that it was time to give up smoking. Since then I've put 2 1/2 stones on. No mystery as to why. Gave up tobacco and started 'eating' sugar. A sweetie everytime I would have had a ciggy. Four or five biscuits with ever cuppa. I daren't even think how much chocolate.

I've not had a ciggy since I made the decision to stop and have recently been looking at my diet and just how much sugar I was having. Crikey! It was a lot.

Just one example. Because of some of the meds I take before bedtime, I can wake 4 or 5 times a night with a dreadful thirst. I've been taking a bottle of fizzy flavoured water to drink through the night. It was only recently that I found out that my fizzy flavoured water contained 6 times more sugar than a 'normal' bottle of lemonade. :ohmy: Just that information has prompted me to take a look at other foods and drinks. I was amazed at some of my findings and there are many things that I'd normally purchase missing from my shopping list.

The best thing Ive found for a dry mouth and throat is a 1/4 of a fresh lime.... a close second is iced weak tea

At the very least, it begs a number of interesting questions - like why many doctors and surgeons, and many oncologists refuse chemotherapy themselves or for their families ?

Do they? Or have they twisted and generaply lied about that.

How old is the research quoted?

Has there been any more up to date research that suggests different?

Was the research used for all cancer types?

Is Ty Bollinger qualified to tell people not to have chemotherapy?

I agree, questioning is good? Have you questioned the bull**** such quacks dish out?

Archived