onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sugar - the new poison

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

Do they? Or have they twisted and generaply lied about that.

How old is the research quoted?

Has there been any more up to date research that suggests different?

Was the research used for all cancer types?

Is Ty Bollinger qualified to tell people not to have chemotherapy?

I agree, questioning is good? Have you questioned the bull**** such quacks dish out?

Yes I have and do question this material - but why so aggressive and arrogant ? On this subject, I find myself somewhat ironically (given past history) in agreement with post 47 by JA - make your own mind up. You have certainly shown disrespect and contempt to PVTony, personally I don't give a flying fannieee what you say to me because I don't know you so have no opinion on you, but for someone who goes to the trouble of posting politely and trying to inform people just saying it is bull and being personal to PVTony (who I also do not know) is surprising after what I have seen in your other posts.

There are many things I don't agree with that Ty Bollinger says, but my own opinion is that he is sincere and genuine and wants to spread knowledge and help people. Some of what he says is ungoubtedly true, the fact is modern medicine is still in the dark ages on this subject in my opinion.

The cancer programmes are recent, I watched 3 or 4 hour-long shows with interviews with literally hundreds of doctors, massive state-run clinics in Germany and many other countries and the material was almost all from very recently (2010-2015).

I cant say if there is more recent research - you will have to look yourself if you want to know that, I can say I havent seen any, and I do keep an eye open and discuss these points with a number of people. Nor do I know if ALL cancer types were covered, but in what I saw, dozens were.

II think you will find that Ty Bollinger also does NOT tell people to avoid chemotherapy, but to STOP and THINK, not be rushed for the sake of a few days, and CONSIDER all options - this is very different. It is sensible advice that you or I or he does not need to be qualified in anything to give.

In some cases chemo can be used as well as less conventional therapies, but if you took the time to watch his programmes and researched enough there are many cases where other methods have worked. I also accept there are scams out there, and some are very wicked.

Finally, on your opening remark of 'do they?' I can only say yes, seen it many times, been told it by my own NHS doctor about the Vitamin D high-dosing, and several other qualified medical professionals about alternative therapies - always with the rider that they dare not say it openly, and if you want to call me a liar then there is little I can do, but RESEARCH IT YOURSELF please.

I wish everyone on this thread good health and hope they find the best way to deal with life's problems and manage to avoid this awful disease as far a s possible.

I'm only going to post on this thread about sugar now, as it has digressed a bit, unless asked a specific question or addressed directly with questions as your post did.

I stopped taking sugar with tea and coffee years ago. Three years ago I decided that it was time to give up smoking. Since then I've put 2 1/2 stones on. No mystery as to why. Gave up tobacco and started 'eating' sugar. A sweetie everytime I would have had a ciggy. Four or five biscuits with ever cuppa. I daren't even think how much chocolate.

I've not had a ciggy since I made the decision to stop and have recently been looking at my diet and just how much sugar I was having. Crikey! It was a lot.

Just one example. Because of some of the meds I take before bedtime, I can wake 4 or 5 times a night with a dreadful thirst. I've been taking a bottle of fizzy flavoured water to drink through the night. It was only recently that I found out that my fizzy flavoured water contained 6 times more sugar than a 'normal' bottle of lemonade. :ohmy: Just that information has prompted me to take a look at other foods and drinks. I was amazed at some of my findings and there are many things that I'd normally purchase missing from my shopping list.

A bottle of Perrier or similar and a piece of fruit are a massive improvement on fizzy fruit drinks - even these so-called healthy smoothies and antioxidant juices that are appearing everywhere now are full of sugar. The sugar in fruit does act in the same way if the fruit is eaten whole, with its fibre, and is not harmful except in huge quantities.

I also put weight on when I stopped smoking some years ago, and it was hell losing it, but most opinion says it is better to be a little overweight than to smoke. I still want a ciggie from time to time, and have to be on giard constantly about slipping back, I'm so glad they banned smoking in pubs and at football - 30 years ago I could not imagine going to a match without smoking 5 or 6 or more cigs during the game.

What I find most galling is the way supermarkets deceive - I mentioned before the 'low-fat yoghurts' which also often have the word healthy on them, and you find that instead of the fat they have 2 or 3 times the sugar, which is worse. Holland and Barrett sell many snacks full of glucose-fructose syrup, hugely tempting chocolate brazil nuts coated with shellac (look up what shellac is and see if they still tempt you) and loads of itmes of theirs and other so-called health shops contain horrific additives then disguise it with 'natural' or 'low-fat'.

It's impossible to avoid everything bad, so like a former poster I have a couple of things I know I shouldn't, but try to make it not topo often, and try to eat as much unprocessed food as possible - totally banned for me are ready meals, burgers, sausages and anything with gelatine in, plus stuff like prawn crackers and pringles and crisps, but a little dark chocolate is fine.

We all have to make our own choices, and its good that people are given some knowledge and those with some sense will look more closely as you have done, but profit, profit and more profit is what drives the food industry and they don't give a damn if they slowly poison the public.

A bottle of Perrier or similar and a piece of fruit are a massive improvement on fizzy fruit drinks - even these so-called healthy smoothies and antioxidant juices that are appearing everywhere now are full of sugar. The sugar in fruit does act in the same way if the fruit is eaten whole, with its fibre, and is not harmful except in huge quantities.

I also put weight on when I stopped smoking some years ago, and it was hell losing it, but most opinion says it is better to be a little overweight than to smoke. I still want a ciggie from time to time, and have to be on giard constantly about slipping back, I'm so glad they banned smoking in pubs and at football - 30 years ago I could not imagine going to a match without smoking 5 or 6 or more cigs during the game.

What I find most galling is the way supermarkets deceive - I mentioned before the 'low-fat yoghurts' which also often have the word healthy on them, and you find that instead of the fat they have 2 or 3 times the sugar, which is worse. Holland and Barrett sell many snacks full of glucose-fructose syrup, hugely tempting chocolate brazil nuts coated with shellac (look up what shellac is and see if they still tempt you) and loads of itmes of theirs and other so-called health shops contain horrific additives then disguise it with 'natural' or 'low-fat'.

It's impossible to avoid everything bad, so like a former poster I have a couple of things I know I shouldn't, but try to make it not topo often, and try to eat as much unprocessed food as possible - totally banned for me are ready meals, burgers, sausages and anything with gelatine in, plus stuff like prawn crackers and pringles and crisps, but a little dark chocolate is fine.

We all have to make our own choices, and its good that people are given some knowledge and those with some sense will look more closely as you have done, but profit, profit and more profit is what drives the food industry and they don't give a damn if they slowly poison the public.

IMH opinion you are very sensible in doing this, and it's a very good message that you've posted too.

Drinking a glass of water before each main meal is a good way of helping to eating smaller portions and feel full. I sometimes have a glass of water at night when I'm feeling peckish instead of a snack and it's surprising how often it negates the crave for food.

Good advice - I always take a bottle of water to have for the night anyway, and often wake up and drink some. I did wonder if this was a worry being a symptom of diabetes, but thankfully was tested and was fine on that.

Trouble is we are all different, and I can easily go without food or with very little food until 5pm, even 7pm if I push it, but want to eat late at night. I had heard this was bad (the old slogan Breakfast is the most important meal) but saw more recent research that not eating for 12-14 hours is good as it elevates the level of something called HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and some other chemicals in the body that are overworked when you constantly snack.

Some foods late at night seem to be fine, and chicken and turkey actually helpyou sleep (contain tryptophan), but big doses of sugar or caffeine drinks are bad news less than 2 or 3 hours before bed I find.

Good advice - I always take a bottle of water to have for the night anyway, and often wake up and drink some. I did wonder if this was a worry being a symptom of diabetes, but thankfully was tested and was fine on that.

Trouble is we are all different, and I can easily go without food or with very little food until 5pm, even 7pm if I push it, but want to eat late at night. I had heard this was bad (the old slogan Breakfast is the most important meal) but saw more recent research that not eating for 12-14 hours is good as it elevates the level of something called HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and some other chemicals in the body that are overworked when you constantly snack.

Some foods late at night seem to be fine, and chicken and turkey actually helpyou sleep (contain tryptophan), but big doses of sugar or caffeine drinks are bad news less than 2 or 3 hours before bed I find.

Seems like every store bought food has some danger attached with it. And sorry if these next sentences spoil your supper somewhat.

Chicken farming is directly linked to the rise of potentially deadly ‘superbugs’.

Kept in highly unnatural conditions in huge, crowded sheds, intensively farmed chickens are often fed huge amounts of antibiotics just to keep them alive. This is contributing to the rise of drug-resistant bacteria which pose a major threat to human health.

Just this week, an investigation showed that UK poultry producers have increased their use of fluoroquinolones, a class of antibiotics which are banned in the US, by 59 per cent, despite evidence that they are linked to the spread of potentially deadly bacteria in humans.

You could be eating poo.

Research has shown that as much as 92 per cent of all chicken on sale is contaminated with faecal matter. Gross.

What’s more, the poultry excrement produced on farms poses a grave environmental problem, with the potential to contaminate rivers and lakes with toxic chemicals and hormones.

. Chicken is a major cause of food poisoning.

According to the Food Standards Agency, almost three-quarters of shop-bought chickens are contaminated with campylobacter, which explains why food poisoning from poultry continues to make almost a quarter of a million Brits ill every year.

http://www.peta.org.uk/blog/disturbing-facts-eating-chicken-meat/

Last year I stumbled upon this film by Joe Cross: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuVWBZEEH8

Being a little unhappy with steadily increasing weight despite doing plenty of exercise, I decided to do a 60 day juice only diet i.e. making my own juice from fruit and vegetables. I lost 8 kg and felt great pretty much all the way through. The weight hasn't come back. Since then I've made juice a very important part of my diet and (in the main) stay well clear of processed foods.

Joe has a website where you can get lots of these juice recipes.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com

Seems like every store bought food has some danger attached with it. And sorry if these next sentences spoil your supper somewhat.

Chicken farming is directly linked to the rise of potentially deadly ‘superbugs’.

Kept in highly unnatural conditions in huge, crowded sheds, intensively farmed chickens are often fed huge amounts of antibiotics just to keep them alive. This is contributing to the rise of drug-resistant bacteria which pose a major threat to human health.

Just this week, an investigation showed that UK poultry producers have increased their use of fluoroquinolones, a class of antibiotics which are banned in the US, by 59 per cent, despite evidence that they are linked to the spread of potentially deadly bacteria in humans.

You could be eating poo.

Research has shown that as much as 92 per cent of all chicken on sale is contaminated with faecal matter. Gross.

What’s more, the poultry excrement produced on farms poses a grave environmental problem, with the potential to contaminate rivers and lakes with toxic chemicals and hormones.

According to the Food Standards Agency, almost three-quarters of shop-bought chickens are contaminated with campylobacter, which explains why food poisoning from poultry continues to make almost a quarter of a million Brits ill every year.

Thanks for your post, which reminds me that I wish I could manage to be vegetarian. I do cut out a lot of red meat, and only eat beef, pork or lamb about once every few weeks. I cant easily manage not to have a bacon sandwich (grilled, good quality bacon) once a month or so, and as for chicken, youre right.

I try to only ever eat organic free-range chicken and turkey, even though it costs way too much. It annoys me when people ask how I can afford it, when they are smokers and drink loads of alcohol compared to my monthly intake of probably between 3 and 5 units. On very rare occasions I will have a meal out that includes meat, but of course the quality of it will be suspect as restaurants, like supermarkets, are only interested in their profits.

Peta (who you link to) are a fine organisation, they need help and anyone who donates to them is a truly good person.

In the fortunate position of getting all our meat products form two local butchers..all organic, provenance known, even where the animals are slaughtered is known as well as getting fish from local fishermen where it's been caught the same day. I do pretty much eat fish every day but restrict meat to 2-3 times per week max. I've no issues with people eating meat and no desire to go vegetarian, I just like a lot of food that has no meat in it.

People expect meat and meat products to be too readily available these days so the food manufacturers have to keep it cheap and so use 'efficient' methods and import from everywhere. It will probably never happen but we need to get back to seasonal produce and just accept that sometimes we have to do without some things or pay a lot more for them ..it would give a better balance

Yes I have and do question this material - but why so aggressive and arrogant ? On this subject, I find myself somewhat ironically (given past history) in agreement with post 47 by JA - make your own mind up. You have certainly shown disrespect and contempt to PVTony, personally I don't give a flying fannieee what you say to me because I don't know you so have no opinion on you, but for someone who goes to the trouble of posting politely and trying to inform people just saying it is bull and being personal to PVTony (who I also do not know) is surprising after what I have seen in your other posts.

There are many things I don't agree with that Ty Bollinger says, but my own opinion is that he is sincere and genuine and wants to spread knowledge and help people. Some of what he says is ungoubtedly true, the fact is modern medicine is still in the dark ages on this subject in my opinion.

The cancer programmes are recent, I watched 3 or 4 hour-long shows with interviews with literally hundreds of doctors, massive state-run clinics in Germany and many other countries and the material was almost all from very recently (2010-2015).

I cant say if there is more recent research - you will have to look yourself if you want to know that, I can say I havent seen any, and I do keep an eye open and discuss these points with a number of people. Nor do I know if ALL cancer types were covered, but in what I saw, dozens were.

II think you will find that Ty Bollinger also does NOT tell people to avoid chemotherapy, but to STOP and THINK, not be rushed for the sake of a few days, and CONSIDER all options - this is very different. It is sensible advice that you or I or he does not need to be qualified in anything to give.

In some cases chemo can be used as well as less conventional therapies, but if you took the time to watch his programmes and researched enough there are many cases where other methods have worked. I also accept there are scams out there, and some are very wicked.

Finally, on your opening remark of 'do they?' I can only say yes, seen it many times, been told it by my own NHS doctor about the Vitamin D high-dosing, and several other qualified medical professionals about alternative therapies - always with the rider that they dare not say it openly, and if you want to call me a liar then there is little I can do, but RESEARCH IT YOURSELF please.

I wish everyone on this thread good health and hope they find the best way to deal with life's problems and manage to avoid this awful disease as far a s possible.

I'm only going to post on this thread about sugar now, as it has digressed a bit, unless asked a specific question or addressed directly with questions as your post did.

So having a different opinion is aggressive and arrogant? He thinks these people are great, I think they are peddlers of snake oil, and potentially dangerous. Similar websites he has posted have had anti vaccination messages which are similarly dangerous.

I wasn't asking how old the program was, I was asking about the research, because there is other research that shows different. There are websites (run by actual scientists) that claim that the program is full of lies and twisted facts.

As for alternative medicines. There is medicine that works, and medicine that doesn't. Alternative medicine that works is proven, open to criticism by peers, and then becomes 'medicine'. For example, There are people that believe drinking water that hold a memory can cure you of your ills. It's ridiculous, and I won't apologise for thinking that.

You could be eating poo.

Are you vegetarian. I am, because it's just my personal choice, not a health choice. But if I wanted to, I could find plenty of websites talking of the danger of eating meat. Some linking it to cancer (you could find links to cancer in pretty much everything if you tried). My point is that if I wanted to argue that point, I could find a 'source'. However, most people here like meat and so don't look for such 'sources' because it doesn't fit their world view.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/keyposts/the-daily-mails-list-of-things-that-give-you-cancer-from-a-to-z.html/

As for staying healthy and losing weight, all the diet books can be reduced into one sentence. Eat less, move more.

How nice it must be to have such a set view of the world.

You know deep down this is just not true, except as a very broad generalisation. There are many other factors besides calorie intake and burn, not the least being the level of metabolism.

Hormones and age and genetics all play huge parts in this too, and we've all met some people who eat masses and drink 6 pints a day and don't gain an ounce. On the other hand, some poor swines can put on weight on 1500 calories a day.

It isn't just calories either, as some things like calcium will bind some fat and you can eat, for example 300 calories worth of cheese and not put on any more weight than 200 calories worth of another food.

Insulin plays a part too, as do other hormones, and there are conflicting studies that prove and disprove that the time of day you eat can affect weight - which is why there is a multi billion pound/dollar diet industry.

I don't have the answer, if I did Id be rich. There is also the argument that dieting will slow down your metabolism and make you put on more weight than you lose in the long term.

But one thing I do know for sure - your statement is a ludicrous over-simplicifation and only gives ammunition to those who bully and ridicule overweight or underweight people, some of whom are greedy pigs but many have genuine medical reasons for being the shape and weight they are.

Archived