onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sugar - the new poison

JOHNNYAITCH

So having a different opinion is aggressive and arrogant? He thinks these people are great, I think they are peddlers of snake oil, and potentially dangerous.

it wasn't that you disagreed, it was this comment of yours to Tony that I disliked - 'You have are one of the most clear examples of confirmation bias I have ever seen.'

Similar websites he has posted have had anti vaccination messages which are similarly dangerous.

People have to make up their own mind about vaccinations. There is very strong evidence that Gulf War Syndrome, now accepted as a genuine condition that has crippled and ruined the lives of thousands of our servicemen, was due to the vaccinations they were FORCED to have before going to Iraq. You might like to read about the interesting way polio vaccine was used in the (Belgian) Congo in the 1950s....maybe true, maybe not, but worrying. The current flu vaccines are worse than useless, especially Tamiflu - admitted by government.

Some vaccines may be wonderful, certainly not all of them are and they are not tested for long enough in my view, and should NEVER be tested on animals as the results are never replicated in humans.

I wasn't asking how old the program was, I was asking about the research, because there is other research that shows different. There are websites (run by actual scientists) that claim that the program is full of lies and twisted facts.

The research was within the last 5 years, in many cases in the last 2 years

As for alternative medicines. There is medicine that works, and medicine that doesn't. Alternative medicine that works is proven, open to criticism by peers, and then becomes 'medicine'.

Don't agree- things change and views change all the time. Example- radium, was introduced beginning of the 2oth century as a 'tonic' that was good for you in things like cosmetics until peoples faces started dissolving. Cigarette adverts in the 1930s had doctors promoting the heath value of the ciggies. Margarine was recommended for heart patients in the 1960s instead of butter, only this week a study questioned taking too many antioxidents, which dozens of products are promoting as containing for good etc etc.

The fact is that doctors and scientists know only a tiny amount of what there is to know and be discovered, and what is 'proven' can change very quickly.

For example, There are people that believe drinking water that hold a memory can cure you of your ills. It's ridiculous, and I won't apologise for thinking that. That's rather obvious -we all know that a Stoke fan may believe his team are the best in the world, but if he says Messi is a good player, being a Stoke fan doesn't make him wrong about Messi. Just because Tony and I may believe that a detox regime, vitamin therapy and stress reduction MAY help someone with cancer, doesn't mean we believe that there isn't a lot of quackery out there too, sadly spome of it comes from the drug and food industries and even a bit from conventional medicine.

Advert

I didnt lose weight by counting calories and I find the news a little depressing that if you eat the things you like you die. I dont refrain from the things I like or consciously select food thats supposedly good for you, in fact Im not sure anything is "good for you"

Sugar I dont take much interest in except in my tea..... salt however is a different matter... I wont eat vegetables that have not been cooked with a pinch of sea salt, meat that hasnt been seasoned or home made soups/stews that are salt free... without salt most cooked food tastes like cack.

I dont eat ready meals or pre cooked meals I have not prepared myself, I like sea salt in my butter, on my toast, on a salad, on my chips, on my eggs fried or boiled.

I work on the simple principal that if you have to stop doing everything you like to live longer... whats the point.

Are you vegetarian. I am, because it's just my personal choice, not a health choice. But if I wanted to, I could find plenty of websites talking of the danger of eating meat. Some linking it to cancer (you could find links to cancer in pretty much everything if you tried). My point is that if I wanted to argue that point, I could find a 'source'. However, most people here like meat and so don't look for such 'sources' because it doesn't fit their world view.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/keyposts/the-daily-mails-list-of-things-that-give-you-cancer-from-a-to-z.html/

Yes Andy, I have not eaten meat of fish for more than forty years. meat without sufficient roughage food is not easily moved around the system like veg. fruit, nuts and seeds but has to be forced around the bends by the muscles. This can force little pockets in which pariticles of food build up which in time can rot, may cause diverticulosis and cancer of the colon. People ask from where do I get my protien from. Well there is plenty in foods beans and pulses etc. The longest living, very strong animals which also do hard graft are such as elephants and oxen who do not eat meat.

As your link shows,(thank you) there are poisons in almost all manufactured foods. Crops are sprayed and animals fed with chemical injected feed and GMO corn etc. Best to buy fresh food from markets or stores, but even then there are some that have been sprayed with pesticides. The best food is home grown in the garden or organic food which does cost more money. Then again it also costs a lot more money for prescriptions and travel/visits to the doctors and hospital caused by the additives in processed foods.

Cancer thrives when the immune system is depleted. About 70% of the immune systemis in the gut and it is good to keep it topped up with the friendly bacteria - pro biotics. The best source and a great food is when we ferment vegetables. It is simple to make, just 'Google, how to make fermented food'.

As you wrote, 'Just eat les and get exercise' to lose weight' That's true and good info.

Better still eat the right foods and get exercise.

Some years ago. I lost 42 Lbs by eating just raw foods and I ate many small meals per day.

I didnt lose weight by counting calories and I find the news a little depressing that if you eat the things you like you die. I dont refrain from the things I like or consciously select food thats supposedly good for you, in fact Im not sure anything is "good for you"

Sugar I dont take much interest in except in my tea..... salt however is a different matter... I wont eat vegetables that have not been cooked with a pinch of sea salt, meat that hasnt been seasoned or home made soups/stews that are salt free... without salt most cooked food tastes like cack.

I dont eat ready meals or pre cooked meals I have not prepared myself, I like sea salt in my butter, on my toast, on a salad, on my chips, on my eggs fried or boiled.

I work on the simple principal that if you have to stop doing everything you like to live longer... whats the point.

We have to treat ourselves now and then with food that we love, I do. A couple of cakes a week and a couple of doses of chips.

Goe, try the pink coloured Himalayan salt it is healthier. It contains approx.15% essential minerals.

In the fortunate position of getting all our meat products form two local butchers..all organic, provenance known, even where the animals are slaughtered is known as well as getting fish from local fishermen where it's been caught the same day. I do pretty much eat fish every day but restrict meat to 2-3 times per week max. I've no issues with people eating meat and no desire to go vegetarian, I just like a lot of food that has no meat in it.

People expect meat and meat products to be too readily available these days so the food manufacturers have to keep it cheap and so use 'efficient' methods and import from everywhere. It will probably never happen but we need to get back to seasonal produce and just accept that sometimes we have to do without some things or pay a lot more for them ..it would give a better balance

Fish is good food, especially oily fish with omega three and other goodies. The Japanese eat a lot of fish which is considered to be conducive to their better than the average Brits good health.

The down side is that the sea is polluted with industries toxic waste, which includes lead, mercury and other heavy metals.

We have to treat ourselves now and then with food that we love, I do. A couple of cakes a week and a couple of doses of chips.

Goe, try the pink coloured Himalayan salt it is healthier. It contains approx.15% essential minerals.

I disagree with the first sentence, I dont "treat myself", I eat what I like to eat and when I like to eat it. I changed from eating because I liked it to eating things I liked when I was hungry, I also stop eating when Im no longer hungry [sounds simple but it isnt]... its an easy temptation to keep eating because you like something and some foods seem too easy to eat when you dont need to... have you ever had that feeling you could eat a meal again right after you have eaten it?... but 10 minutes later you feel full?... the opposite to a chinese takeaway:yes:

I buy most of my meat from the local market, mostly chicken, pork and duck, fish I catch in the moat, eggs from a woman up the road, we have to wait for the hens to lay, and the odd duck egg from the garden, fruit from the garden, coconuts from the garden, veg from the market and the garden, pickles and stuff I do myself, if I can sort the landlord out I will be smoking my own bacon.... a big difference I have found is that it helps to not have an oven or a grill... BBQ, charcoal pit and 2 gas rings seem to do everything we need... I dry fry a lot of things except chips... I buy beef fat, render it down and use that [beef dripping?] best chips.... we have a freezer [unusual in Thailand] so excess produce from the garden gets eaten later... it also stores my fish bait... which I make myself.

I never say I wont eat that because of this or that only I wont eat that because I dont like it... except silkworms which have no taste at all so I dont see the point.

This is just what works for me

I disagree with the first sentence, I dont "treat myself", I eat what I like to eat and when I like to eat it. I changed from eating because I liked it to eating things I liked when I was hungry, I also stop eating when Im no longer hungry [sounds simple but it isnt]... its an easy temptation to keep eating because you like something and some foods seem too easy to eat when you dont need to... have you ever had that feeling you could eat a meal again right after you have eaten it?... but 10 minutes later you feel full?... the opposite to a chinese takeaway:yes:

I buy most of my meat from the local market, mostly chicken, pork and duck, fish I catch in the moat, eggs from a woman up the road, we have to wait for the hens to lay, and the odd duck egg from the garden, fruit from the garden, coconuts from the garden, veg from the market and the garden, pickles and stuff I do myself, if I can sort the landlord out I will be smoking my own bacon.... a big difference I have found is that it helps to not have an oven or a grill... BBQ, charcoal pit and 2 gas rings seem to do everything we need... I dry fry a lot of things except chips... I buy beef fat, render it down and use that [beef dripping?] best chips.... we have a freezer [unusual in Thailand] so excess produce from the garden gets eaten later... it also stores my fish bait... which I make myself.

I never say I wont eat that because of this or that only I wont eat that because I dont like it... except silkworms which have no taste at all so I dont see the point.

This is just what works for me

Are you really in Thailand? If so, good for you and fresh food from the garden with new laid eggs and best of all, - coconuts. Coconuts are fantastic food. I buy tins of coconut milk and coconut cream for soups and smoothies etc and cream for fruit. Also have plenty of coconut oil, - he best thing bto fry food in. Other oils and fats become pro cancer when the heat takes it to 85 degrees and above. The molecule structure allters in other oils (perhaps with the exeption of extra virgin olive oil).

It is now being heralded as a help for Alzheimers. See how this doctor helped her husband. : 7 minute video.

Are you really in Thailand? If so, good for you and fresh food from the garden with new laid eggs and best of all, - coconuts. Coconuts are fantastic food. I buy tins of coconut milk and coconut cream for soups and smoothies etc and cream for fruit. Also have plenty of coconut oil, - he best thing bto fry food in. Other oils and fats become pro cancer when the heat takes it to 85 degrees and above. The molecule structure allters in other oils (perhaps with the exeption of extra virgin olive oil).

It is now being heralded as a help for Alzheimers. See how this doctor helped her husband. : 7 minute video.

Yes Im in Thailand. We have coconuts, mango, papaya, jack fruit, durian, pineapple, dragon fruit, limes, tamarind and stuff I dont know the name of in the garden including Thai cherries [horrible]... but not my favourite mangosteens... veg is harder to grow because of the sun/heat and the bladdy ants

I do enjoy the coconuts when they are ready, damn hard to get into but full of milk and soft sweet white meat?... so soft you can scoop it out with a spoon.

Yes Im in Thailand. We have coconuts, mango, papaya, jack fruit, durian, pineapple, dragon fruit, limes, tamarind and stuff I dont know the name of in the garden including Thai cherries [horrible]... but not my favourite mangosteens... veg is harder to grow because of the sun/heat and the bladdy ants

I do enjoy the coconuts when they are ready, damn hard to get into but full of milk and soft sweet white meat?... so soft you can scoop it out with a spoon.

Fantastic. makes feel envious.

Keep eggshells, brake them up and place around the base of veg. This prevents insects from climbing into the plants. Hope that it stops ants.

Fish is good food, especially oily fish with omega three and other goodies. The Japanese eat a lot of fish which is considered to be conducive to their better than the average Brits good health.

The down side is that the sea is polluted with industries toxic waste, which includes lead, mercury and other heavy metals.

True..fortunately the sea around here is considered very clean and we only buy fish caught in the bay

Archived