onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy Sell On Fee?

Tunstall Max

I liked Morsy, decent player certainly at League One level and possibly could get better. I wouldn't say he was outstanding for us but played a decent role in that promotion side from league two and at quite a young age. He's certainly the best player our youth team has produced in the last 5 years I'd say.

I'm not sure he'd be massively better much higher up the pyramid but Wigan obviously think he might be if they are to go up. He's not even at prime age yet say 27-29 so he may yet improve more.

He clearly didn't get on with Adams at the end but that happens in life, best of luck to him apart from tomorrow if he plays!

Advert

He wants to pipe down, hes gone to Wigan for Gods sake, not a big money move to the Premiership. Who does he think he is?

A league one player, thats what.

Why does he need to pipe down?

He will be playing for Wigan in the championship next season. That's clearly the reason they've bought him. Considering the likes of hull wanted him I'd say he was a championship player. Whenever he's played against us i thought he looked too good for this level.

Why does he need to pipe down?

He will be playing for Wigan in the championship next season. That's clearly the reason they've bought him. Considering the likes of hull wanted him I'd say he was a championship player. Whenever he's played against us i thought he looked too good for this level.

There are no guarantees Wigan will be in the Championship next season. They are hardly a classic big club either.

Commenting that Vale said he'd never make it as a player would be more appropriate if he'd had a Jamie Vardy type story to tell.....he's moved from Chesterfield....to Wigan....in league one.

It's like he's hit the big time or something.

Of course they are not sure of being promoted, but to me they should have the best chance, with receiving parachute payments. Recent history is not too bad either. He has exceeded the expectations of a previous manager, he is not as old as Vardy nor will ever be in the spotlight like a top goalscorer, but is coming along nicely.

There was a status a few days ago on Facebook, showing a tweet. It was stating, that in Sam's farewell speach during the motm award last Sat at Chesterfield, he slated Vales staff. Saying that Adams / staff had told him he would never make a player.

Will have a look see if I can dig it out.

Morsy is a poor mans Ryan Burge when it comes to being stroppy, but with a little talent that might see him look fairly good in L1 but not in the Championship if he ever gets there, he will not shine.

A pair of allegedly gobby little *****s that gave MA more trouble than they were worth, sadly clubs have to put up with this sort of player more and more these days as they live lives of luxury on working supporters pay.

Woner if Morsy has found his passport yet ?

Morsy is a poor mans Ryan Burge when it comes to being stroppy, but with a little talent that might see him look fairly good in L1 but not in the Championship if he ever gets there, he will not shine.

A pair of allegedly gobby little *****s that gave MA more trouble than they were worth, sadly clubs have to put up with this sort of player more and more these days as they live lives of luxury on working supporters pay.

Morsy never lost his passport did he? Wasn't that Malbon?

What a load of complete rubbish, you will find Morsy never lost his passport.

Morsy was 21 when he was with us, he didn't need hanging out to dry like Adams did with him after that game with Rochdale, I seemed to remember Gary Roberts getting a lot more chances than Sam did no matter what Roberts did.

Adams was the gobbiest of the lot.

There are two sides to every story. I heard from a local ex vale player that Morsy had told Adams to f off and gone into a rage in the dressing room. Whats a manager supposed to do there? Don't forget MA got us a promotion and Morsy and Burge tried their hardest to derail that season.

Glad we have got a sell on percentage and more glad the lad isnt still at vale. We have moved on.

There are two sides to every story. I heard from a local ex vale player that Morsy had told Adams to f off and gone into a rage in the dressing room. Whats a manager supposed to do there?

I suppose when your manager calls you a coward to the media you might feel a little upset about it.

Best to check your facts before you come out with nonsense.

Archived