onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A Mandate For Change

andy jones

Advert

Trust me to argue with someone who actually knows something about the subject,....I just looked it up on Wikipedia.....I did understand a little about the LHC, but GUT lost me after the first line....thick as a Planck, me....

10 to the minus 11? so no chance of it being an explanation for Marc Richards inability to hit the target because the ball bobbled...

I have no idea whether I know your best mate - if he's also a Vale fan, there can't be many of us there....but I don't get out much!!!

Whilst going to my daughters house in penkhull today, saw a guy wearing a tunstall assurance vale shirt by the tesco express.

Whilst going to my daughters house in penkhull today, saw a guy wearing a tunstall assurance vale shirt by the tesco express.

That's good to know...I've got one of those myself, but haven't worn it for ages....brings back too many happy memories.....

I believe that the Directors per se lost the moral right to run Port Vale the minute they lost the vote of no confidence.

If they had resigned en bloc at that point we would all now be looking forward to a season with confidence and the beginning of a new dawn.

Instead they, and only they, have allowed the situation to fester on to the point whereby we ended last season with a large demonstration march and we will be starting a new season with another one if immediate changes are not made.

The club cannot survive if this debacle continues much longer.

It has been very apparent that the fans who have contacted the media, and come here on OVF, do not believe Bill Bratt resigning as Chairman but remaining on the Board changes anything.

I said at the start of this thread that I thought it was a significant start, but on viewing and hearing reaction over the weekend clearly it is a start but is not enough for fans to want to abandon SEO.

I believe that the Directors per se lost the moral right to run Port Vale the minute they lost the vote of no confidence.

If they had resigned en bloc at that point we would all now be looking forward to a season with confidence and the beginning of a new dawn.

Instead they, and only they, have allowed the situation to fester on to the point whereby we ended last season with a large demonstration march and we will be starting a new season with another one if immediate changes are not made.

The club cannot survive if this debacle continues much longer.

It has been very apparent that the fans who have contacted the media, and come here on OVF, do not believe Bill Bratt resigning as Chairman but remaining on the Board changes anything.

I said at the start of this thread that I thought it was a significant start, but on viewing and hearing reaction over the weekend clearly it is a start but is not enough for fans to want to abandon SEO.

Dave, a start for me would Mark Sims joining in place of either Bratt or Oliver.

The four at present remaining in situ but simply swapping roles around solves nothing. The issue is that there is no one on the board who can demonstrate what they actually bring to the running of the business.

Indeed, it says something when Adams is arguably the one with most qualification to be there. They themselves made no case for their remaining in situ, so 60 days after the EGM and a lost vote of no confidence for them, I see no reason for them to remain any longer than it takes for suitable replacements to be found.

I've said it before, that outside of Adams, all the other 3 bring is disharmony to the club. Until at least 2, and probably all 3, are gone, that will not change and we will not have the opportunity to progress in a unified manner.

I think for starters Mark Sims should join and when Micky Adams has completed his task and and his got his squad together he should resign and do what he is paid for MANAGE......That leaves 4 if Lloyd want to earn credability he should use his casting vote to back Mark and the supporters ideas and call an EGM with a vote of NO confidence in Bratt and Oliver........And eventually resign himself.......Then i woke up. :sleep:

I'm sure that Lloyd will want to do things his way and what he said in the Sentinel sounded very refreshing and sincere. The questions that remain,though, are 1) will he be allowed to be his his own man and 2) will there be still someone in the background pulling the strings.

Guest potalot1
As the proxy holder for Mark Sims sponsor (Port Vale Supporters Club) I attended a meeting last night between Mark, the Board and Perry Deakin.

This meeting was convivial, constructive and there was a clear acceptance of a mandate for change.

For those saying Bill Bratt resigning as Chairman doesn't change anything. This is not true. It is a significant change and a first step forward.

Over the coming days hopefully with the right spirit of co-operation and openess the club hopes to be able to make significant moves forward with a view of re-uniting itself with all its fan base.

Dave Felstead

Vice-Chairman

Port Vale Supporters Club

This sounds quite promising...

Would be foolish of anti board people to be happy for such people to be forced to leave the club just because peoples colours are nailed too far into the mast.....Whether some like it or not they are good people with vast experience of the club and the workings of the club inside and out....

I think Lloyd needs to go too.

He has been apart of a board that has ignored the wishes of supporters and shareholders. Saying the right things in the press at this late stage (and even attending that pre-EGM supporters meeting) isn't good enough in my book.

I'm also worried that there is a chance someone from the old board (V2001) could still pull his strings.

Though whatever happens, the ultimate focus needs to be on shifting the balance of power so that the club can be formally put up for sale. Interested parties should then be given the right to lay down their bids for acceptance or rejection according to the wishes of shareholders in a 1 shareholder, 1 vote system.

Keep up the good work Andy.

I think Lloyd needs to go too.

He has been apart of a board that has ignored the wishes of supporters and shareholders. Saying the right things in the press at this late stage (and even attending that pre-EGM supporters meeting) isn't good enough in my book.

I'm also worried that there is a chance someone from the old board (V2001) could still pull his strings.

Though whatever happens, the ultimate focus needs to be on shifting the balance of power so that the club can be formally put up for sale. Interested parties should then be given the right to lay down their bids for acceptance or rejection according to the wishes of shareholders in a 1 shareholder, 1 vote system.

Keep up the good work Andy.

This is a difficult one for me. It seems Mike Lloyd found himself isolated since Paul Humphries resigned. It's therefore quite suprising then that he has been made chairman. He achieved some success with Walsall and was the only one willing to face the fans before the EGM. I think this should be given some consideration.

I've said before that I think we need a clean sweep, but maybe someone like Mike Lloyd with his experience could act as a guide for a new board.

If one has to stay of the three directors, Mike Lloyd would be the one for me.

Archived