onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A Mandate For Change

andy jones

I have every admiration for Dave Felstead and the outstanding work that he has put in, pre and post-EGM.

But like so many other members of the Starve 'Em Out campaign, I want complete change at the top. Bratt resigning is an empty, meaningless gesture from an empty,meaningless coward.

The cancer that is killing our beloved football club hasn't been destroyed.

On with the treatment chaps. Starve Em 'Out and let's really turn the heat up on Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd over the coming weeks until they do the right and proper thing.

Advert

3 Resignations - nothing more, nothing less.

They can talk all they want, but until it is registered at Companys House that Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd are no longer directors of Port Vale they can **** off!

They have to go. Sone walkung away from seo?

.... and boy, is he a good back-up plan! A successful, driven, local businessman with an excellent team, and solid foundations. A truly dreamlike situation to find yourselves in in the circumstances.

And let's face it, he has shown tremendous resilience and loyalty despite everything the board have chucked at him. He's certainly no fly-by-night.

Mo is patiently waiting in the background I'm sure.:yes:

===

How many directors to step down 1 or 2? Lloyd as the compromise to give continuity? I assume Sims would have to be on board for anything to happen. Also an investor review.

I think it would have to be one at a time, otherwise there could be issues about legitimacy, and at this time of the season, we can't afford that. There need to be people willing to replace any who step down, and I haven't counted that many who have the money and the nous to take it on - we don't know how sponsorship could work, and it might take a while to find them.

An investor review as you suggest is crucial, I think, we need to establish who is still out there and interested, what plans they have, how willing they are to work with fans groups, what their views are on shareholding - but mostly, that their plans are financially credible, and that we can trust them. We need to know whether they would be willing to work with other investors too.

Much as we dislike the present lot, they may have been right about some of the "investors" who came forward - I wasn't party to the discussions so I don't know.....

It's about a way forward....

You win the most sensible reply on this thread award :yes:

Now go and get a season ticket 1st game is just around the corner and lets wait for more good news this week.One song comes to mind

"The only way is up"

I might have to wait a little before I go to get an ST....I'll maybe wait to do that when the rest of the good news comes out - it's changing, the whole picture's different....earlier today I was unconvinced by Bratt's resignation and Lloyd taking over for now, but Dave's post on here moves the goalposts more than that did...and I'm more positive. Still need a bit more though - let's see - when there's a plan for the future.

I might have to wait a little before I go to get an ST....I'll maybe wait to do that when the rest of the good news comes out - it's changing, the whole picture's different....earlier today I was unconvinced by Bratt's resignation and Lloyd taking over for now, but Dave's post on here moves the goalposts more than that did...and I'm more positive. Still need a bit more though - let's see - when there's a plan for the future.

Not saying to get one until the changes are for definite but i have a good feeling about the future.

Only downside will be what are we going to argue about on OVF then ?

Not saying to get one until the changes are for definite but i have a good feeling about the future.

Only downside will be what are we going to argue about on OVF then ?

Football...team selection....the merits of individual players.....away trips....you know, the sort of rubbish NORMAL fans talk about lol.......

either that or we can start philosophical discussions about the concept of the Higgs boson and sub atomic particles....personally, I think the experiments linked to the large Hadron collider have possible major implications for the transfer market and the Bosman ruling....but I might be wrong...how do you measure the charm of a quark???

Dave says there are two options - Administration or Recovery. If the Board have finally recognised how close to the former they are, then the second is the only real option. I think they have also realised that they are not going to win - and that even if SEO comes to an end, they have a lot of ground to make up financlally. They must also realise that SEO won't go away - it remains a weapon that can be used - if it comes to an end, and the trust is betrayed, then it can start again next season without any mercy.

I think we all need to make some compromise to allow change to happen - and if that means one or more of the three hanging on to make the numbers up while change happens, that's a price we may have to pay.

It's got to stop being personal about the 3 - seriously - give it a little time - or we will not have the Recovery option open to us any more, and we'll have the points deduction to cope with, and possibly worse. It would give me no joy to have directors become personally liable and the club not to survive.

I know this isn't what some of you want to hear, but we need the club to progress - and I think we need to give this a chance. I think it may well be the last chance saloon for them, and we maybe need to let them walk away rather than being kicked out.

Personal view....I'm not "official" SEO, I'm part of the Provisional wing....

I'm taking a copy of this post and proposing it now as post of the year to the rest of the admins!

Top, top, top post!

Football...team selection....the merits of individual players.....away trips....you know, the sort of rubbish NORMAL fans talk about lol.......

either that or we can start philosophical discussions about the concept of the Higgs boson and sub atomic particles....personally, I think the experiments linked to the large Hadron collider have possible major implications for the transfer market and the Bosman ruling....but I might be wrong...how do you measure the charm of a quark???

You're so 90's. It's all about unification theory now. :yes:

You're so 90's. It's all about unification theory now. :yes:

My gut reaction to that is that we won't be able to agree....maybe we should try dipping a toe in there first.....

if it does explain all it claims to, we could maybe use it to influence team selection by establishing the clear relationship between 4 -4- 2 and matrix string theory and to identify the right time to introduce substitutes by seeing how loop quantum gravity would limit their influence in the 20 minute window commonly used......

Either that or we could check it against the actions of the match officials or managers and their impact on the biosphere and suggest they have no understanding of such theories in the time honoured way.....you don't know what you're doing....

or we could just argue.....

String theory can only be described by matrices.

Quatum gravity has a miniscule effect on anything over 10 to the minus 11 grammes.

I agree, we could just argue.

My best mate lives in Penkhull you know?

Bratt says in todays sentinel that he wants to stay as a director, and Lloyd says elsewhere that change may take a year (he has got what he wanted, he won't let go now). Apparently we can stop protesting and move on now. Do they really think we are that thick? Do they still not get it?

Bratt says in todays sentinel that he wants to stay as a director, and Lloyd says elsewhere that change may take a year (he has got what he wanted, he won't let go now). Apparently we can stop protesting and move on now. Do they really think we are that thick? Do they still not get it?

Exactly.

Do not feed the animals...starve 'em out.

Archived