onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OK so who potentially is out there.

Student of the game

Advert

Oh I was missing the point, I thought the idea was to take over the club as a going concern not to force it into administration. Bit of a pyrrhic victory.

The idea was to remove a Board of Directors who were taking the club nowhere fast and alienating other shareholders in the process. That it was only partially achieved at the AGM was sad because that allowed the rump to complete the job of flushing the club down the toilet ably assisted by Miller and Deakin. Do you believe the club would have gone into administration within nine months if the whole Board had been removed at the AGM? It wasn't the fans who forced the club into administration - it was the incompetent personnel in the Board Room.

This thread was started to examine if their were potential buyers out there. It. Has now disintegrated into a squabble on what happened during the MOLD era. Shut this thread down, it has now run its course, and before it stirs up more trouble.

OK then, I'll get back to the original thread title. Yes there are people ou there with money who are interested i buying Vale. Do we want them - I don't know? Will Norman sell to them - again I don't know. Let's just wait and see what happens, eh.

With the club separate from the ground wouldnt it be an opportunity for someone willing to look at a new ground? Obviously if the deal in place regarding VP allows but i think we get so wound up about the 'gold mine' that is VP.

just a thought

Nice thought ! But not going to happen because it would cost much more to build a new ground than aquire the exsisting . But more importantly do you think that Smurf would not put safe guards in place to ensure the football would remain at Vale Park

I think the council probably owe us a ground to restore parity with other clubs in the city. If someone bought the club without the ground I am sure they could play at Vale Park until the new ground was ready and then ditch it. Form a new company to avoid any of the debts and obligations of the old club maybe.

Vale Park isn't what you would call prime real estate what with the covenant and the mine shafts all it's fit for is an industrial estate and office complex.all the bull about a new ground is rubbish, it's easy to spend other peoples money, Brighton's ground has cost up to pres 90 million and it isn't finished yet.those who advocate a move usually are those who don't have a match to scratch their bottom with. Back to the real world fellow Valiants.

Vale Park isn't what you would call prime real estate what with the covenant and the mine shafts all it's fit for is an industrial estate and office complex.all the bull about a new ground is rubbish, it's easy to spend other peoples money, Brighton's ground has cost up to pres 90 million and it isn't finished yet.those who advocate a move usually are those who don't have a match to scratch their bottom with. Back to the real world fellow Valiants.
covenant could be removed, mine shafts are a fallacy, vale park was a marl hole, mine shafts haven't stopped housing at Birchenwood, Florence, Hem Heath etc. Plenty of clubs smaller than the Vale have managed to relocate successfully

We didnt own the ground. It was mortgaged to the hilt and had a second charge by the council. We were insolvent and should have gone bump, luckily we have many skilled people in stoke on trent who kept us afloat after the absolute shambles created by V2001.
The Council held the first mortgage, the bank the second and eventualy the Gibraltar sharks a third

I doubt anyone would buy Vale Park to build anything. There is plenty of land in the local area nearby much cheaper. There is the land by the Royal Dalton factory that has sat un used since the dawn of the millennium, vast areas round the Johnson tile factory cannot be even given away after 15 years. Smurf wants 4 million with most of that for the ground.

It isn't going to happen. Vale Park is probably the most valuable building for about 4 miles, buying a sports stadium to knock in for housing is a mad idea in a local area with more brownfield sites than any other type of land going

I doubt anyone would buy Vale Park to build anything. There is plenty of land in the local area nearby much cheaper. There is the land by the Royal Dalton factory that has sat un used since the dawn of the millennium, vast areas round the Johnson tile factory cannot be even given away after 15 years. Smurf wants 4 million with most of that for the ground.

It isn't going to happen. Vale Park is probably the most valuable building for about 4 miles, buying a sports stadium to knock in for housing is a mad idea in a local area with more brownfield sites than any other type of land going

Smurf wants 4.25 million with most of that, 3 million, to repay directors loans

There used to be houses there... I think

Archived