onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Oldham A 1. Post Match comments

Fosse69

Awful game of football between two very poor sides, a draw the correct result.

What has happened to the team that started the season so well, we were excellent against Crewe, Burnley, West Brom, Wigan but these last 4/5 games it has been like last season.

What annoys me is that the league this season is wide open and teams like Burton and Walsall probably have a budget a lot smaller than the Vale.

One final thing, I thought the ref had a really good game tonight, one of the best I have seen up Vale for a while.

The same ref that forgot to bring his cards out for the first half.

Advert

If Page went we might see what it would be like to have a proper manager! PAGE IS NOT THE ANSWER! I am quite right to moan when performances are terrible, tactics are a joke, results are awful and his decision to retain HIS players and continue to play them.

I personally think he should have a bit more time, but I dont see why your views are getting so many minus votes. Anyone who went the game would agree, awful tactics, awful performances and the results really arent good

. A special mention for one of the worst performances in some time goes to Byron Moore. Truly terrible, wouldn't take his man on and was much happier to let purkiss attempt this. His complete lack of interest was also alarming. .

Been like that since the Millwall game, I don't know & I don't think he knows what position is he supposed to be playing in, at time he is so narrow he is like a striker

Ok performance, nothing more. Conceding off a corner again is frustrating. I thought that Alnwick was at fault but I've just seen the goal and it was too far out for him to come for it. Of course if Dickinson hadn't mucked about in the first place we wouldn't have a corner to defend. Second half was better and we finally walked the ball into the net. We need Uche and Dodds back up front Saturday which will be a completely different game as Sheffield United will have a go at us.

Will a new manager be bringing a Striker with him. The retained list was a balls up, however what's done is done. Sadly even Alex Ferguson would not be able to turn us into a free scoring side without bringing a Striker in.

If Smurf had money to spend I'd prefer it spent on a Striker not waste it on a pay off for Page.

So we should just accept it then should we? No he bought these players in so he is the 1 responsible and therefore when it's clearly not working should be the one to pay the price. By the way there are far better managers out there who can do a better job than Rob Page!

I personally think he should have a bit more time, but I dont see why your views are getting so many minus votes. Anyone who went the game would agree, awful tactics, awful performances and the results really arent good

It's mainly because he isnt rational or objective, he didn't praise good early season performances, and he only posts if we lose/play badly,

If he were to post praise for something every now and then or give a balanced view he would likely have many positive votes on his critiscisms,

Unfortunately however, a proportion of posters think he is a wum

Our strikers aren't even that bad, uche showed today he can be clinical, Daniel actually looks ok up top and we have hooper on the bench. The problem is that we are creating zero chances for them! Bringing in a new striker probably wouldn't help unless we start creating chances.

We put loads of good balls in to the box during the game, no one attacks the ball.

Players like AJ should be no where near the team.

Daniel did well but won't score the goals.

Uche scored fair play. But he hasn't got a football brain and I would be surprised if he makes a living in a higher league.

We might as well give hooper a go.

We've had **** loads of corners and barely threatened. They scored from a free header of their second corner. We need to improve this. It's ****ing basic stuff.

Embarrassing again Vale what is it with us and poor performances midweek? I made the right decision yet again saving my money tonight and won't be going Saturday now I wonder how many will follow suit? If I were Norman I'd look to bail as soon as I could cus God knows the guy done everything he can for us but just wasting money hand over fist for this rubbish, we don't deserve him.

We put loads of good balls in to the box during the game, no one attacks the ball.

Uche scored fair play. But he hasn't got a football brain and I would be surprised if he makes a living in a higher league.

We've had **** loads of corners and barely threatened. They scored from a free header of their second corner. We need to improve this. It's ****ing basic stuff.

Yeah I agree, the corner situation is embarrassing. I personally think Uche will develop into an excellent player for this level, maybe in the championship at some point. Agree with the point on Daniel, but I dont agree with your first point. I cant actually remember many good crosses, especially when uche came on. Not just crosses but actual chances, clear cut chances, there were none until the goal.

If Page went we might see what it would be like to have a proper manager! PAGE IS NOT THE ANSWER! I am quite right to moan when performances are terrible, tactics are a joke, results are awful and his decision to retain HIS players and continue to play them.

Did you go tonight

Never mind "might aswell give Hooper a go" we should have done, why put him on the bench but not have the balls bring him on when we're facing an embarrassing result?

Wow the moaners are out tonight!!!We WON on Saturday and only 101 post match comments!!We draw tonight and already 35 comments,mainly the Page haters !!God help OVF on Saturday should we lose:doh:

Hate posts like this. I commented on the win and on this one. 'The moaners are out' not really, there fans who have just paid x amount to watch something more dull than paint dry.

Archived