onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Oldham A 1. Post Match comments

Fosse69

Advert

One the way in Bodin on RS said AJLS was our best finisher. Ray Williams added we were a better side without Uche. What planet are these guys from?

Colin has one good half and is the saviour! He's a very low league winger. Andoh could barely move after 75mins and how those two stayed on is unreal

Then their goal. No one on any post and an easy header.

I fear for us unless we wake up.

Now Page says we should have won and need to shoot! Answer, don't play guys who can't. ***

Where are all the Page lovers again? Words fail me Page. At least it's getting to the end of September. Do the decent thing Smurf and get him to clear his desk.

Will a new manager be bringing a Striker with him. The retained list was a balls up, however what's done is done. Sadly even Alex Ferguson would not be able to turn us into a free scoring side without bringing a Striker in.

If Smurf had money to spend I'd prefer it spent on a Striker not waste it on a pay off for Page.

One of the worst matches I've seen for a very long time. Awful tactics and some truly awful football. One positive out of the game for me, that we actually gained a point. I thought from the start out passing was very slow and either sideways or backwards, throughout the game Dickinson and purkiss had no options in front of them as vales 'wingers' were non existent. I couldn't believe how poor we were on throw ins. Purkiss constantly waiting for someone to actually move for the ball. For me grant looked very good as did the defence and goalkeeper. Oldham are a typical lower to mid table side who we should be beating at home, they offered very little but could and should have been 2-0 at half time. A special mention for one of the worst performances in some time goes to Byron Moore. Truly terrible, wouldn't take his man on and was much happier to let purkiss attempt this. His complete lack of interest was also alarming. I'm not dodds biggest fan but we missed him today, there was certainly a link missing between the midfield and forwards.

Alnwick 7: some good saves and good catching off crosses.

Purkiss 6: solid enough, put in a real shift offensively to fill the void of Moore.

Streete 7: played well and looks a great player.

Duffy 7: as above. Both him and streete made one great interception either side of half time.

Dickinson 7: got forward as much as possible but was again left alone with no help from andoh.

Andoh 5: did nothing of note. Got fouled a few times but that's about it, don't know how he justified motm.

Foley 6: some poor free kicks and corners but never stopped running.

Grant 7: solid and never gave the ball away, very consistent.

Moore 4: rubbish in every sense. Didn't look bothered and couldn't beat his man or cross the ball. Drop him.

Smith 5: really annoyed me. Always wanted one extra touch instead of shooting. There's something there though.

Daniel 6: kept on running and actually linked up well with uche.

Sub.

Uche 7: good awareness for the goal and actually lifted the team and crowd. He does lack ability but I'm sure in a few years he will be quality, 5 already for the season suggests he could get 15.

Overall I thought we were very poor against a poor side, very slow with the ball showing very little (if any) creativity and never bothering to actually shoot. The amount of times we got into a good shooting position and instead passed it backwards or sideways was criminal. I also thought at 1-1 we should have changed it around and brought hooper on for Moore and put Daniel out wide. Glad to have got a point but my god it was painful to watch.

There's a clear answer to the other thread regarding attendances. Fans want to see goals, if not goals at least some chances created today we created 1 chance (by fluke) as it was a miss pass from foley and that was it. Most fans around me seemed much more interested in the moon rather than the game. Finally what is going on with the corners. Just before the goal is was shouting to get 2 men on the post. The header wasn't even good and would have been cleared easily. Awful defending and clearly wrong from the training ground.

Will a new manager be bringing a Striker with him. The retained list was a balls up, however what's done is done. Sadly even Alex Ferguson would not be able to turn us into a free scoring side without bringing a Striker in.

If Smurf had money to spend I'd prefer it spent on a Striker not waste it on a pay off for Page.

Our strikers aren't even that bad, uche showed today he can be clinical, Daniel actually looks ok up top and we have hooper on the bench. The problem is that we are creating zero chances for them! Bringing in a new striker probably wouldn't help unless we start creating chances.

Do you enjoy watching vale fail to beat another p*** poor side? Have you got no ambition when you watch us? Does your carer no where you are?

I just don't see the point in moaning about anything on a website after every game. Let's be honest, if page goes and. By some miracle we get a manager you actually don't hate, you'll moan about something else

words fail me how we can play so badly yet have 2 unused subs, stubborn team selection and tactics! Early season form seems to have gone and resorted to type. Page is probably a good coach but clearly lacking as a manager at this level. If we have the option to get rid in September them it needs to be used if we are to push on.

I just don't see the point in moaning about anything on a website after every game. Let's be honest, if page goes and. By some miracle we get a manager you actually don't hate, you'll moan about something else

If Page went we might see what it would be like to have a proper manager! PAGE IS NOT THE ANSWER! I am quite right to moan when performances are terrible, tactics are a joke, results are awful and his decision to retain HIS players and continue to play them.

Awful game of football between two very poor sides, a draw the correct result.

What has happened to the team that started the season so well, we were excellent against Crewe, Burnley, West Brom, Wigan but these last 4/5 games it has been like last season.

What annoys me is that the league this season is wide open and teams like Burton and Walsall probably have a budget a lot smaller than the Vale.

One final thing, I thought the ref had a really good game tonight, one of the best I have seen up Vale for a while.

Archived