onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 26th Sept 2015, Fleetwood T v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Vales defence struggle with set pieces.

Vales forwards struggle to score.

A close game with f/wood just edging it, unless Pagey can make some remarkable alterations.

I hope Vale can pull something out of the bag and don't lose because we're just one point above the bottom four at present.

Advert

Uche needs to dropped hes too greedy! lets see what AJ and Dodds can do together combined with Moore they are all on the same wavelength would also like to see Hooper on the bench, getting a bit fed up now of there being no impact subs who can change a game because i,m afraid Lloyd, Birchall and Daniel are not League two players never mind League one!!

C'mon Vale show us the early season form and football that we saw pre season and the first few matches

Uche needs to dropped hes too greedy! lets see what AJ and Dodds can do together combined with Moore they are all on the same wavelength would also like to see Hooper on the bench, getting a bit fed up now of there being no impact subs who can change a game because i,m afraid Lloyd, Birchall and Daniel are not League two players never mind League one!!

C'mon Vale show us the early season form and football that we saw pre season and the first few matches

He's a striker.... They're meant to be greedy and he's still young and learning. Were struggling to score as it is nevermind dropping out top scorer and only goal threat!!

It can take players a while to develop an understanding of each other so I would keep both Dodds and Uche in the squad. Back 4 would remain as the last game. Maybe swap Moore for Jak McCort (or even Brown) and put Foley out wide? Enoch seems to be a little crowded out in recent matches so am tempted to save him and use as an impact sub, but he does offer a threat and keeps an opposition player or two busy.

C'mon Vale show us the early season form and football that we saw pre season and

the first few matches

I agree with this .

Daniel as gone backwards ,lloyd i dont.know about him.its not like he is that bad of a player just lightweight .

Birchall could play a part on.his day he is quite decent ,if he plays on.sat he must make up for his terrible miss last season in the dying stages of the same game.

One things for certain we need score first and we must be willing to get as many bodies in there box as poss .

We're due an away win somepoint soon and a couple of goals on the road, surely?:unsure:

Many will make a weekend of it in Blackpool, hope the masses will be rewarded with a good performance and hopefully 3 points.

Have we sold our allocation yet for this one?

We've got a pretty **** record there so as bad as Blackpool are I'm not expecting much myself.

I'd be tempted to give Enoch a rest, though it's a bit difficult to see who'd replace him. Foley is an option but I think we'd miss him too much in the middle. I also think Kelly would be quite a risk. Maybe put Dodds out there and bring Hooper in up front.

Maybe Birchall would be a better option than Moore on the right for the times we don't have the ball?

Whatever the solution, I think we need a bit more from the wide positions when the opposition have possession.

Extremely important week (Fleetwood then Oldham) for Page given the fact that Smurf said he would "review the appointment at the end of September if Vale have started badly, and will make a 'ruthless' decision if necessary".

If we don't pick up 3 points from those 2 games I think that would be a pretty poor start to the season.

Id play McCort in the centre and have Foley out wide on the left unstead of Enoch. Id put AJ out wide on the right instead of Moore. Dodds and AJ play well together and i think we would end up having more of the ball and i'd hopebwe would be more of a solid unit but with an attacking threat. Both wingers have delivered very litte of late but maybe their pace would be better deployed later in the game. JJ on the bench.

Id also get Doddsy to move higher up the pitch.

If he does play the same team can we at least vary the wings that Enoch and Byron play on. They never vary during a game and they would be more inclined to shoot if coming inside onto their better foot.

Archived