onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

So Tory Scum is ok but Labour Loon isn't?

More losers that have signed the 'Hypocritical Oath'.

Nobody says Labour loon though on here, they direct it at one person. Big difference.

'Toryscum' is generic, aimed at a philosophy of greed, profiteering, shutting food banks, cutting disabled benefits, provoking conflicts abroad, mismanaging the economy, turning Libya into an ISIS playground, licking the backsides of Saudi dictators, lying, cheating, pushing GMO foods and fracking and having people like the 2 last posters pushing their case. Then in the afternoon.....

ps You 2 in the last 2 posts forgot to 'thank' each other. Have a nice day.

zugzwang?? What happened there Warren?

It is a chess term. The player must move, but making the move leads to immediate disadvantage or defeat through checkmate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zugzwang#Zugzwang_in_chess

In this case the Education Sec has been backed in to a corner where carrying on with academies would lead to defeat in the Commons by back bench rebellion and conceding that to be the case by revising the policy is a climb down undermining reputation / standing etc.

Just to clarify. When I use the term Labour loon I am referring to some specific people or a specific group of people. I consider Corbyn to be a loon, McDonnell to be a loon and few others. The term loon comes from the early 1980's when the left wing controlled the Labour Party leading to a massive defeat at the 1983 election under Foot, who I also call a loon. The thing is I have seen very close up the damage these people do. I worked for the Audit Commission in the 1980's and audited Liverpool City Council. Liverpool faced enormous problems from economic change and depopulation which made the Council a hotbed controlled by Militant Tendency. The only thing these people did was to run the worst services ever seen in a local authority at the highest cost with the most corruption. But of course a council also affects the standing of a city, the ability to regenerate and attract investment and these destroyed all confidence in the integrity of the population to outsiders. They made Liverpool seem a city full of troublemakers. And it wasn't just Liverpool we can add a whole string of London authorities - including where Corbyn is today - that were the same.

So when I speak of Corbyn as a loon I know exactly what his background, what his outlook is, what he and his compatriots are like and how they would visit the worst downside you have ever seen on the UK if they get near office. The great pity is that, for example, Stoke seems to have some good MPs, but they are condemned to pointless opposition at national level for decades unless change is achieved in the Labour party and the loons removed, including Abbott et al. They need to start a new party from the top with MPs and leave the loons marooned.

Just to clarify. When I use the term Labour loon I am referring to some specific people or a specific group of people. I consider Corbyn to be a loon, McDonnell to be a loon and few others. The term loon comes from the early 1980's when the left wing controlled the Labour Party leading to a massive defeat at the 1983 election under Foot, who I also call a loon. The thing is I have seen very close up the damage these people do. I worked for the Audit Commission in the 1980's and audited Liverpool City Council. Liverpool faced enormous problems from economic change and depopulation which made the Council a hotbed controlled by Militant Tendency. The only thing these people did was to run the worst services ever seen in a local authority at the highest cost with the most corruption. But of course a council also affects the standing of a city, the ability to regenerate and attract investment and these destroyed all confidence in the integrity of the population to outsiders. They made Liverpool seem a city full of troublemakers. And it wasn't just Liverpool we can add a whole string of London authorities - including where Corbyn is today - that were the same.

So when I speak of Corbyn as a loon I know exactly what his background, what his outlook is, what he and his compatriots are like and how they would visit the worst downside you have ever seen on the UK if they get near office. The great pity is that, for example, Stoke seems to have some good MPs, but they are condemned to pointless opposition at national level for decades unless change is achieved in the Labour party and the loons removed, including Abbott et al. They need to start a new party from the top with MPs and leave the loons marooned.[/QUOTE]

All in your very, very humble opinion of course. What a narrow-minded individual you are, bet you have never changed an opinion on anything in 20 years.

Perhaps you need to start a new life without blinkers, hateful prejudices, 300 word paragraphs and far right-wing confrontational views and leave your mind open a bit. Or are you the loon who cant see out of its own crater ?

The problem with the bit highlighted above is that that would split the party. I do think that needs to happen but definitely not under our current electoral system. I hope that Labour go in to the next election with a firm promise to sack off FPTP. Whilst this might mean that parties I don't like get far more representation in parliament, it would also mean that a) the country actually gets what it votes for and b) the party can then split and the Blairites can **** off and form their own party. They could call it the 'Tories who Pretend to Give A ****' party or something.

People on the right really hate Diane Abbott, don't they? I wonder what it is about this black woman that they dislike so much.

We had a referendum on fptp and the country voted to keep it

So? Must it ever be thus? Because we once had a referendum on it, a party shouldn't be allowed to put it in their manifesto? I imagine some may have changed their minds now, including many Labour voters. Their reasons for doing so may be pragmatic rather than due to some new found desire for democratic representation but the fact that UKIP got nearly 4 million votes, an 1/8 of all votes cast, but ended up with 1 seat might change a few minds. In fact, I imagine that only tories (and perhaps the SNP) would want to keep it now.

Archived