onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues1st Sep 2015, FLT Port Vale v Carlisle Utd, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

I didnt vote on either but if you look carefully they are not identical posts - he made a typo and missed a full stop of the first one.

Another funny regarding those two posts is that the No of Posts credited to Andy in the first is ...... 1,224 and in the second ....... 1,224.

Looks like OVF cant add - 1224 posts plus 1 more post = 1225 posts .

I thought the number under your name is the total number of posts, so aren't both 1224s correct?

Advert

I'd play a strong 11 just to get another win on the board and hopefully a few goals. Plenty of time between this game and the home game against Wigan for the players to have a rest if need be. The likes of Hooper and perhaps McCourt should be given a chance to show what they can do. Something like -

Alnwick

Purkiss

Streete

Duffy

Dickinson

Brown

Foley

McCourt

Moore/Daniel

Leitch-Smith

JJ Hooper

Whilst it is a priority to progress, I also think it's important that certain players get some 'proper' game time so if we do need them at some stage in the season, they'll at least have had some matches under their belts. So, give McGivern, Streete, Birchall, Brown (unless he's injured) McCourt and Hooper a game, and perhaps even Sam Johnson. Campion should be on the subs bench if he has any part whatsoever in Page's plans, rest Dodds, Andoh and Moore completely as they seem knackered. I don't think we'd get fined if we're playing subs from Saturday in the first 11, would we? Do they count towards the 5 allowed changes?

I'd play a strong 11 just to get another win on the board and hopefully a few goals. Plenty of time between this game and the home game against Wigan for the players to have a rest if need be. The likes of Hooper and perhaps McCourt should be given a chance to show what they can do. Something like -

Alnwick

Purkiss

Streete

Duffy

Dickinson

Brown

Foley

McCourt

Moore/Daniel

Leitch-Smith

JJ Hooper

Pretty sure Brown's injured

I would play streete as he looked our best defender before he went off injured. His passing ability is the best out of all our defenders. Innis is the best in the air and Streete is the best on the deck! I am very confident that we will win with whatever team PAGE puts out...

Is it 5 changes maximum to the starting 11 from Bradford? In that case I'd go:

Alnwick

Purkiss

Duffy --> Streete

Inniss

Dickinson --> McGivern

Grant

Foley

Moore

Dodds --> Leitch-Smith

Andoh --> Kelly, Daniel or Lloyd

Ikpeazu --> Hooper or Campion

Alnwick

Purkiss

Streete

Inniss

McGivern

Dickinson

Moore

McCourt

Grant

Campion

Hooper

Going with 3 at the back, Purkiss and Dickinson supporting the midfield, give some of the fringe players a run out and bring on the big guns if it all turns to rats. Need to find someone to replace Uche if we're going to replace him after and hour every game and neither Dodds ate AJLS is that man.

As Kelly and Leitch-Smith played/were in the match day squad then they can't count as changes.....but certainly Streete and McGivern need a run out and it has to be a debut for JJ Hooper.

Ikpeazu/Andoh/Moore/Dodds could all be rested.......start with Hooper for an hour and if not out on loan today Campion could get thirty minutes.....

then play Leitch-Smith at number 10 and give our two young back up wingers Kelly and Lloyd an hour with Daniel and Birchall as replacements.......

Page could use the game to give fringe players game time and hopefully Hooper and Campion can get their season up and running with a goal while

LLoyd and Kelly can gain valuable experience.

While Leitch-Smith/Streete/Kelly/Lloyd/Daniel/Birchall have all had some game time the likes of McGivern/Hooper/Campion must be given this chance to get their season started.

Archived