onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New signing this week

werstayinup

Advert

The fact remains that the club has not replaced Pope......Campion is an inexperienced somewhat older development player set to go out on loan

while Uche is not even our player and a young development player on loan till Xmas.....there is not a single experienced out and out striker on the

books.

Both AJ and Dodds are essentially number 10's while Andoh is a winger and as stated the squad is over stocked with midfielders and wingers so

this last signing must be an out and out striker said to be a permanent signing and therefore a replacement for Pope as the new number 9.

Sometimes you have to go unproven as money dictates that. Regardless of your opinion on our signings, we have made a signing to replace Pope. Uche Ikpaezu is the signing made to replace Pope and I see no indication otherwise. Yes he may only be on loan till January but it doesn't mean that loan can't be extended or that we can't sign a replacement in January. He's not a development player, he's played almost a season full of games at this level. Development players would be classed as having little or no experience of first team professional football.

I think the player this week may well be a striker. But a permanent, experienced striker that you seem to be suggesting you're after is maybe a long shot. I suspect it may well be another player with something to prove, and what's wrong with that? We've had experienced players in the past that have done **** all but pick up some decent wages. I'd rather get someone in that is determined to prove his worth and may turn out to be a gem.

Like it or not, that's the way the club is heading. We seem to be going after young players with potential in the main. There's much more a risk than our transfer policy in the past, but if it works then we'll reap the rewards.

Point taken that Uche Ikpaezu is to be considered as the replacement for Pope till Xmas although not our player and hopefully the loan can be extended or made permanent....also Campion could be back from a short term loan match fit and sharp in no time but Smurf has said one more signing and permanent which given the midfield heavy unbalanced squad and that Inniss signing completed the defence must be an out and out striker.....obviously experience costs so perhaps it will be a chance on young prospect like say JJ Hooper as an example.

If we buy yet another midfielder/winger I will scream. We have about 15 already! It's got to be a striker surely? We have one out and out striker in contention for first team duties and he's only on loan til Xmas.

This.....and with Page saying the inexperienced Campion would be going out on loan then apart from a young development striker on loan till Xmas there is not a single experienced out and out striker on the books which is a glaring oversight by the management trainee.

Dead right. This manager doesn't seem to place much emphasis on goalscoring strikers, instead preferring players with "footballing brains". Despite both his and Dodds' recent claims that this forward line is "full of goals" I remain far from convinced that it is. I hope to be proven wrong.

Point taken that Uche Ikpaezu is to be considered as the replacement for Pope till Xmas although not our player and hopefully the loan can be extended or made permanent....also Campion could be back from a short term loan match fit and sharp in no time but Smurf has said one more signing and permanent which given the midfield heavy unbalanced squad and that Inniss signing completed the defence must be an out and out striker.....obviously experience costs so perhaps it will be a chance on young prospect like say JJ Hooper as an example.

Cheltenham are trying to sign JJ Hooper. Surely we can out bid them, can't be expecting a big wage coming from non league so even if it backfires it's not going be a financial catastrophe.

Apparently Crewe have Gary Taylor Fletcher on trial, he would expect a fair wage and could turn out to be a Lee Hughes or it could backfire which would be a financial catastrophe (especially for Crewe)

Dead right. This manager doesn't seem to place much emphasis on goalscoring strikers, instead preferring players with "footballing brains". Despite both his and Dodds' recent claims that this forward line is "full of goals" I remain far from convinced that it is. I hope to be proven wrong.

Then sit back and wait. Before jumping the gun

Cheltenham are trying to sign JJ Hooper. Surely we can out bid them, can't be expecting a big wage coming from non league so even if it backfires it's not going be a financial )

JJ Hooper had trials with a couple of SPL clubs having scored 20 in 29 in non-league last season and has played in League 1 as a kid the season before

last so has some experience at this level.....it was said after last seasons goal exploits that League 1 and Championship clubs were interested and Hooper had interest from SPL clubs so to sign for non-league Cheltenham would be a step backwards....as said Vale could out bid Cheltenham and

take a chance on Hooper who was highly rated at Newcastle.....played in the same youth team as Streete.

JJ Hooper had trials with a couple of SPL clubs having scored 20 in 29 in non-league last season and has played in League 1 as a kid the season before

last so has some experience at this level.....it was said after last seasons goal exploits that League 1 and Championship clubs were interested and Hooper had interest from SPL clubs so to sign for non-league Cheltenham would be a step backwards....as said Vale could out bid Cheltenham and

take a chance on Hooper who was highly rated at Newcastle.....played in the same youth team as Streete.

Only problem is I don't think he impressed the SPL clubs. I know he tried to get a contract at Raith Rovers which are Scottish Championship, and he left to have trials at Cheltenham.

I would imagine that is the type of player that we're looking at. That, or another loan striker. Maybe it depends on someone going out before we get someone in.

Archived