onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does liking the Club help if you own it ?

Markie G

Yes you are by suggesting he would not be interested in if we win but just about making money. Have you ever thought the two could go hand in hand ?

I think the two have to go hand in hand Tim. A successful businessman would only want to make the club more valuable. Whether he is a Vale fan or not. Therefore, he'd want to clear up the scandal, kick out the crippling parasites on your board, and invest in the team. It's not rocket science (as I know you know)!

I don't think Marky is going to come back and defend his case.

Arguement closed.

Advert

I never mentioneed Mo, did I? CHANGE is what you need.

Very hard to talk about your club in anyway without mentioning your beloved board.

I joined the site over a year ago, and one of my first posts was in support of Newton. For change. To kick you out of your rut.

Then, after the board had treated Mike like a piece of proverbial ****, along comes Chaudry. What a stroke of luck! Even more exciting potential for change! Another successful businessman wants to sort out PVFC and take it up the leagues. But that still wasn't good enough for you or your board.

Whatever it is you are waiting for is not going to come along. No decent investor would touch you with a bargepole after what you've done to your last two publicised potential investors.

You and your board are amateurs. No hope for PVFC until change is forced on you.

All of the posts bt 7sisters on this thread are absolutely bob on the money. Maybe those too close to the problem can't see it? Or am I just being kind?===

i personally couldnt care less if any new owner of vale were a vale fan or even a football fan. look at abramovich, fayed, and the guys who own man city, they have spent fortunes in something they dont or didnt care about but have delivered success!

on the other hand, someone like whelan at wigan, coates or jack walker at blackburn shows if the man taking over is a fan then it helps if he or she is stinking rich!

At least some people tried to answer what I asked. Some people seem to think that everything has to be a board vs Mo thread which it does not.

Also why would I say Mike lloyd he is not looking at taking over the club. I used Mo because he is a business man that said he do not support the club. If Mark sim said he was not a fan then I would have used him.

I am not going to rise to some of the people on this forum that seem to think that insulting is the way forward. There are some that can put a point across without insults its a shame all are not like that

Markie G... Let me ask you a question.

Do you feel your football club is going in the right direction because its a supporters owned club, even though out of the 4 directors only 50% are supporters?

This is not about the current board or Mo. Its a what would you like kind of thing

At least some people tried to answer what I asked. Some people seem to think that everything has to be a board vs Mo thread which it does not.

Also why would I say Mike lloyd he is not looking at taking over the club. I used Mo because he is a business man that said he do not support the club. If Mark sim said he was not a fan then I would have used him.

I am not going to rise to some of the people on this forum that seem to think that insulting is the way forward. There are some that can put a point across without insults its a shame all are not like that

But in your world Markie a disagreement is always described as an insult. You need to learn that debating will involve people disagreeing with you, that is not an insult but merely a result of debate.

God help us

Insult not needed,

It seems some people must know that they have been insulting as they jump to their own defense. I never named anyone.

Ok I will answer some of the points as this will go round and round because some like to attack and keep on until people listen to them.

Do I want Mo to take over the club ? No I do not, I do not like the way he does business and how he and LB have conducted themselves both on here and how they have done things just to wind up the board (it appears childish to me). The board are a separate issue so please dont write well the board are as bad because they are not trying to take over they are already on the board.

Do I think that we are going in the right direction? I was a little worried before our new CEO arrived I will admit but not now, We have people ringing round etc trying to get more advertising. It seems that other things are also changing and the current board got Mickey back and thats enough for me.

Who would I chose between the two, business man or Fan? I would have to say fan as I think that they will do whatever they can even at a cost to themselves to keep the club running. If I was the rich fan, I would try to get people on board to help that have no interest in the club though, just so that they could tell you if things are not working out and that I need to look with my head not my heart.

Archived