onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does liking the Club help if you own it ?

Markie G

He would not need a few million to get on the board would he

He would need a few tens or hundreds of thousand, however to improve this club and get it back to the Championship where it belongs he would need to use millions, and whether he was to put in thousands or millions the money would be swallowed up by the board for their own means! Instead of nit picking how about trying to argue back with reasons and facts? Or even better realise you are wrong and face the truth? :yes:===

Btw had you simply made this thread: Would you prefer to see the club ran by a fans consortium/group similar to the current board or by a local business man (who is not necessarily a fan) like Mo Chaudry, Mike Newton or Mark Sims? then you would have received no abuse as it is a totally open question unlike yours and would not be seen to belittle and negatively portray one side while enhancing and positively portraying the other side like you did in what was very much a clear leading question.

Advert

I am just wondering what you guys think is the best option for taking a club like Vale forward, Is having someone like Mo (this is not a thread about him or the board) who does not really care if the club wins only if they make money better than someone who wants them to win.

One advantage off not being a fan is that you can have a better relationship with local teams but in the same light you are hardly likely to put a load into something that will not make you money back.

As I said this is not about Mo per say its about what is better a fan or just a business man/woman.

Are you suggesting that a successful businessman would not want his business to win and be successful?.... how else would/could it make money?

I don't love the board I just don't hate them. Do I think that the board need some other business men/woman on board of course I do. There are issues at vale that need the correct people to sort.

Mo is offered a place on the board but refuses it why is that ???

Our beloved chairman said that after his initial offer for 51% was turned down that if he (MC) wants to, he could offer to buy 24.9% of shares, join the board, and take things from there. This was about 2-3 months ago??

So MC then offered to buy said 24.9% (along with MS) and our board never even had the courtesy to reply.

Cant actually remember the board ever "offering" him a place, although I could be wrong.

Mark I believe that your intentions on this occasion were honourable. It is a good question. For me the ideal scenario is a fan who is also a 'hard nosed' businessman but as you say the heart tends to rule the head.

At Port Vale I believe we have a 'Golden, once in a lifetime' opportunity to have the best of both worlds. Mark who may rule with his head because I know that he has Vale in his blood. Without a doubt he is one of us.

Then his 'running mate' Mo Chaudry, who without question is a brilliant businessman. For doubters look at his record, he turns losers into winners.

With this combination they would take us forward.Mark with his enthusiasm and Mo who I believe is a decent bloke (I take people as I find them) harnessing the Sims passion and an exciting winning team would be the result.

yeah I am sure he was a while ago. When asked people on here jumped down my throat about why should he its a sinking ship etc.

Bratt asked the question in the Sentinel so Mo offered to buy 24.9% shares to take up the position and the board ignored him, ditto Mark Simms, which you will of course know all about. They then came out with a lame excuse as to why, which again you will know all about.

Mark I believe that your intentions on this occasion were honourable. It is a good question. For me the ideal scenario is a fan who is also a 'hard nosed' businessman but as you say the heart tends to rule the head.

At Port Vale I believe we have a 'Golden, once in a lifetime' opportunity to have the best of both worlds. Mark who may rule with his head because I know that he has Vale in his blood. Without a doubt he is one of us.

Then his 'running mate' Mo Chaudry, who without question is a brilliant businessman. For doubters look at his record, he turns losers into winners.

With this combination they would take us forward.Mark with his enthusiasm and Mo who I believe is a decent bloke (I take people as I find them) harnessing the Sims passion and an exciting winning team would be the result.

Valid point, I like Mark Sims btw I think he will be a asset to the board. If Mo does take over I hope that it does get in his blood and that he is able to enjoy what we do not only as a business venture but also as love for the team.

Having thought about it over a long time I still keep changing my mind about what is better a business man with no passion for the club or a fan with passion but might make bad decisions that could end up having a adverse effect

Valid point, I like Mark Sims btw I think he will be a asset to the board. If Mo does take over I hope that it does get in his blood and that he is able to enjoy what we do not only as a business venture but also as love for the team.

Having thought about it over a long time I still keep changing my mind about what is better a business man with no passion for the club or a fan with passion but might make bad decisions that could end up having a adverse effect

Being a fan and letting your heart rule your head,is not a trait you want as owner of a football club.

Archived