onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

Liverpool's net spend is far lower than Man City's. Also, what does Rodgers wasting money have to do with Pellegrini and my point in the first place, you twonk? Your fascination with Liverpool is both weird and scary.

I'm in no way fascinated with Liverpool.If they shut down tomorrow my only regret would be it was 30 years too late.If someone spends a load of money and wins trophies are they better than someone who wastes a load of money and wins **** all?Not difficult for even you to work that one out.

Advert

Newsflash from BeechyEcho.Pellegrini was disgraced in Europe last season but every other manager was unlucky.

What's every other manager got to do with Pellegrini? When I'm talking about him I'm not also talking about Rodgers, or Wenger, or Van Gaal. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

The fact is that Man City have been awful in Europe under Pellegrini considering the squad of players they have on paper, and the money he has spent on mostly very average players. Deal with it.

A manager spends tens of millions and wins the title

A manages spends tens of millions and wins nothing

Which one do we judge to have been successful when compared to the other? I could spend tens of millions and win nothing so I could be judged a successful manager....this management lark is a piece of p***!!

A manager spends tens of millions and wins the title

A manages spends tens of millions and wins nothing

Which one do we judge to have been successful when compared to the other? I could spend tens of millions and win nothing so I could be judged a successful manager....this management lark is a piece of p***!!

You're not quite getting it are you? I'll try to make the below real simple for you to understand.

Pellegrini inherited a squad full of top players when he took charge. His main aim was to see City progress in regards to how they perform in Europe, and therefore his time in charge up until this moment in time can be considered a big failure.

Do you understand? I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

He wanted to join a club playing European football which is why he was banking on a move to a couple of German teams that were after him. But Premier League money talks, doesn't mean he won't fit in, like all footballers and their agents coming up to the end of the transfer window they were hedging their bets.

He's only 23 so 12/18 months of good form and he'll no doubt get his big move.....,

He's a good signing on paper but he's failed at both Bayern and Inter. He has the ability, so mentally he's obviously not right. He might enjoy being one of, if not the, top dog at Stoke for a while and find some consistency in his game. Otherwise he'll offer little other than the odd bit of skill here and there and sulk that he's no longer at a top European club. The kind of character he seems I don't think there will be anything inbetween.

You're not quite getting it are you? I'll try to make the below real simple for you to understand.

Pellegrini inherited a squad full of top players when he took charge. His main job was to see City progress in regards to how they perform in Europe, and therefore his time in charge up until this moment in time can be considered a big failure.

Do you understand? I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

What, all 12 of them?

You're the one not getting it. Compare Pellegrini and Rodgers and clearly the one that has won something is a success compared to the other..which was my point.

What, all 12 of them?

You're the one not getting it. Compare Pellegrini and Rodgers and clearly the one that has won something is a success compared to the other..which was my point.

So your point had nothing at all do with my original point. Bizarre. I think your old age is really starting to show...

What, all 12 of them?

Pellegrini came to a club which had very recently tasted success and already had a team of world class players. He hasn't improved them and personally I think his signings thus far have been very average along with his tactics. Both him and Rodgers have wasted money but for Liverpool any manager who came in would've spent millions to try and get them back to the top of the league. IMO anyone could manage city to a champions league spot, the squad is already there where as Liverpools isn't. It's a silly comparison because of the list of clubs that Pellegrini has managed compared to Rodgers.

Nobody can say that Pellegrini has done anything but a pretty ordinary job during his time at City so far, not when you consider the money they have spent and the squad they have. They've just about made it over the line in their two title winning seasons and have been a huge failure in Europe under him. And although Rodgers gets vilified here for the signings he has made nothing seems to get said about Pellegrini, who has squandered vast amounts of money on the likes of Mangala (32 million), Fernando (12 million), Fernandinho (30 million), Bony (25 million) and Jovetic (22 million) - Not one of them could be considered a success at this moment in time. Well over £100 million spent and not one of them has improved the starting 11 that was already there when he replaced Mancini. Truth of the matter is he is very, very lucky to still be in that job, and probably wouldn't be if a really top manager was available this summer.

Rodgers only gets vilified on here because he's spent an obscene amount of money and not won anything.

Archived