onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Getafe CF

valeblue

Very nice performance today from most of the team. Yates and Johnson were not so good today and I hope for Johnson's and our sake it was just a one off. Yates I suppose was always the weakness and they exploited that early on in the first half. But Ikpeazu looked a very good player and I just hope proves to be impressive. And yes of course AJ, very good player and has a very different style of play to other strikers, if he plays like he did today I think he could bag a few this season. A kick around and nothing more but a pleasing performance against a top flight La Liga team.

-For the record I think Foley was good today god knows why some people were slating him.

Advert

Said a couple of weeks ago that we aren't far away from being a very decent side. We might not be a high scoring side but I still think we have enough about us to do well, although a proven goal-scorer before the season gets underway along with Innis would be fantastic. As it is right now I'd be happy to see a starting 11 that looks something like this -

Neal

Purkiss

Streete

McGivern (hopefully Innis)

Dickinson/McGivern

Grant

O'Connor

Foley

Dodds

Leitch-Smith

Ikpeazu

The likes of Moore, Andoh and Daniel are good options to have on the bench, although all three could cement a place in the first team also.

I thought the ref was a bit rubbish today. Graham Salisbury according to the team sheet. Not sure why he sent their player off instead of asking for a substitution.

Probably because despite it being a friendly the chap elbowed someone in the face, and deserved to play the rest of the game with one less player.

Very nice performance today from most of the team. Yates and Johnson were not so good today and I hope for Johnson's and our sake it was just a one off. Yates I suppose was always the weakness and they exploited that early on in the first half. But Ikpeazu looked a very good player and I just hope proves to be impressive. And yes of course AJ, very good player and has a very different style of play to other strikers, if he plays like he did today I think he could bag a few this season. A kick around and nothing more but a pleasing performance against a top flight La Liga team.

-For the record I think Foley was good today god knows why some people were slating him.

good review of the game PVF but I'm got to disagree on your comment about Foley. The lad worked hard and broke up a lot of there good work but his distribution was awful, Griff did that didnt he??

good review of the game PVF but I'm got to disagree on your comment about Foley. The lad worked hard and broke up a lot of there good work but his distribution was awful, Griff did that didnt he??

Must be honest after the first 20 minutes I thought his distribution was good and he played 4 or 5 40 yard plus passes that were bang on the money. Thought he was perhaps trying too hard at the start of the match.

Probably because despite it being a friendly the chap elbowed someone in the face, and deserved to play the rest of the game with one less player.

Yes but to be fair, with it being a friendly it didn't really benefit either side....the whole intention of a friendly is to work the team and put them in a competitive environment in readiness for the start of the season....ok I'm sure we'll have the occasional game where we're up against 10 men but these will be few and far between.

He should've left the field but it wasn't ideal for us that they were reduced to 10 men....like Santa said a substitution would've made far more sense

Must be honest after the first 20 minutes I thought his distribution was good and he played 4 or 5 40 yard plus passes that were bang on the money. Thought he was perhaps trying too hard at the start of the match.

On another view of the game who was the number 18 for us,was it Kelly?

It does neither team any good for the main purpose of the match which is to get match fitness and a proper workout. Luckily they were very decent with 10 men but what good would an easy win have done us?

I remember the friendly against Everton back in 98 (I think) where the ref effectively sin-binned their left back (McCleland?) by asking for him to be subbed and then letting him come back on after he'd calmed down.

All games should be played according to the laws of the game. It does no good in terms of training and fitness to allow the laws to be bent or misapplied. It does players no good to think they can get away with elbowing because it's a friendly and all teams routinely practice playing with ten men so why not try it in an actual match. Many of those who were complaining about the sending off of the Getafe player are the same ones who were complaining about the referee in the Notts County game as being too lenient. The players commit the fouls not the referee.

All games should be played according to the laws of the game. It does no good in terms of training and fitness to allow the laws to be bent or misapplied. It does players no good to think they can get away with elbowing because it's a friendly and all teams routinely practice playing with ten men so why not try it in an actual match. Many of those who were complaining about the sending off of the Getafe player are the same ones who were complaining about the referee in the Notts County game as being too lenient. The players commit the fouls not the referee.

Rules like being able to make 11 subs?....common sense should be applied

I respect your viewings but I reckon that he split there team well, switching the play and really caused trouble in the first half, second half he was quiet. Poor fitness maybe who knows.

I respect your viewings but I reckon that he split there team well, switching the play and really caused trouble in the first half, second half he was quiet. Poor fitness maybe who knows.
good points on how fans look at the game without slagging each other off. Lets hope the new season brings fruition and proves once again the bookies are not right all the time.

Archived