Well done Mr Smurthwaite!

OakhillDave

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move by the chairman...if it's controlled and done in the right way. Almost all of the "tea bars" (Loren street aside) are in need of investment to enable them to provide a decent service. Just installing a new microwave won't improve the quality. Done right ( aka Burton Albion for example) they can offer a great experience for fans. I trust the chairmans judgement here and applaud asking for ideas on what us - the punters would like to buy. Let's look forward to having a decent beer and a bite to eat at Vale Park!

At Bolton they have Beer Tokens. You can buy one before the game and all you have to do is turn up and exchange it for a pint with no messing round with change. Selling the tokens beforehand means they can have a fair idea how many pints to pull and they can have them ready to go.

On a separate note, I loved that green goddess selling beer that Joules had inside the ground on Saturday. Norman should invite it into the Railway Stand.

This is good news.Well done.

During the colder months.How about lobby & a roll.Or decent home madesoup & a roll.Not the sort of soup where hot water is just added to a paper

Edit ...... Should have read- paper cup.

What about Shepherd's pie as at Dagenham? And proper sausages for the hot dogs? If Newcastle Town can do sausage or pie . and chips and Kidsgrove certainly do chips, we should be able to. Please proper tea and coffee, not plastic cups with hot water and some bits on the bottom. A|sager served proper tea in china cups, free for Vale supporters but I think that's a bit too much to ask.

What about Shepherd's pie as at Dagenham? And proper sausages for the hot dogs? If Newcastle Town can do sausage or pie . and chips and Kidsgrove certainly do chips, we should be able to. Please proper tea and coffee, not plastic cups with hot water and some bits on the bottom. A|sager served proper tea in china cups, free for Vale supporters but I think that's a bit too much to ask.

Doubt we'll get China cups for obvious reasons, wrights pies are fine as long as they are hot and we don't run out, I would imagine wrights do chicken balti pies that would be good, oatcakes is another good shout, and any lager other than ruddy carlsberg, preferably cold or cool.

Good news and good move by Norman, it would be nice to see us be unique with the menu, oatcakes would be good as they have that local element, as mentioned hot homemade soup in the winter, bacon baps, pie & peas, cottage pies, pizzas maybe, hot filled sandwiches, some nice bottled/draught ciders & beer, also have wide range of chocolate/sweets/crisps/cans of pop for the kids. Re the serving side might be worth having separate kiosks for drinks/food or people with correct money to speed up service,maybe some kind of pre-ordering and pick up point for collecting at half time could be worked on to help with demand.

Archived